Windows 10: MSRT

Discus and support MSRT in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why did update of malicious software removal tool reset my computer and delete all files. How can I not allow automatic updates windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NIBBIRGT, Nov 13, 2019.

1. NIBBIRGT Win User

MSRT

Why did update of malicious software removal tool reset my computer and delete all files. How can I not allow automatic updates windows 10

:)

NIBBIRGT, Nov 13, 2019

2. msrt

The Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) is quite a useless and antiquated tool...

It might show during scanning any number of "infected" files but at the end of the scanning come to the conclusion that they were not infected. The result counts...

Suggestion to read these older threads (especially the posts of Rob Koch and quietman and GreginMich) which are explaining a bit about the "usefulness" of the MSRT...

I, personally, never even download/use it...

Jsssssssss, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Removal program (MSRT) doesn't remove Infected files

Bernie,

The Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) is quite a useless and antiquated tool which tends to throw all kinds of errors and misinformation...

Suggestion to read these threads (especially the posts of Rob Koch and quietman and GreginMich) which are explaining a bit about the "usefulness" of the MSRT...

I, personally, never even download/use it...

Jsssssssss, Nov 13, 2019
  4. CarolLJ Win User

MSRT

MSRT Download link is Broken

Well, that's interesting. I checked my update history, and there's nothing listed for MSRT clear back to July. Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing an update to it for some time.

CarolLJ, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

MSRT

1. MSRT - Similar Threads - MSRT

2. Attempting to run MSERT or MSRT on a VM Hyper-V Manager crashes the host system both host...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempting to run MSERT or MSRT on a VM Hyper-V Manager crashes the host system both host...: I have a VM running Windows 10 x64 1809 OS build 17763.4737 which has been operating okay with no problems at all for more than two years now.The host system where the Hyper-V Manager runs is also Windows 10 x64 1809 OS build 17763.4737, and this operates okay as...
  3. Attempting to run MSERT or MSRT on a VM Hyper-V Manager crashes the host system both host...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attempting to run MSERT or MSRT on a VM Hyper-V Manager crashes the host system both host...: I have a VM running Windows 10 x64 1809 OS build 17763.4737 which has been operating okay with no problems at all for more than two years now.The host system where the Hyper-V Manager runs is also Windows 10 x64 1809 OS build 17763.4737, and this operates okay as...
  4. Attempting to run MSERT or MSRT on a VM Hyper-V Manager crashes the host system both host...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Attempting to run MSERT or MSRT on a VM Hyper-V Manager crashes the host system both host...: I have a VM running Windows 10 x64 1809 OS build 17763.4737 which operates okay with no problems at all for more than two years now.The host system where the Hyper-V Manager runs is also Windows 10 x64 1809 OS build 17763.4737, and this operates okay as well.Moreover, in both...
  5. WHY Windows 10 OS cannot recognize MSRT KB890830 March 2023 update as “known publisher” ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WHY Windows 10 OS cannot recognize MSRT KB890830 March 2023 update as “known publisher” ?: I did not install manually KB890830 update March 2023 because de publisher is "unknown" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-10-os-cannot-recognize-msrt-kb890830/c69a5f30-1540-40ce-bd20-dfc6901c6f65
  6. MSRT or MSS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSRT or MSS: This is a curiosity question. I have MSRT Malicious Software Removal Tool, and I have MSS Microsoft Safety Scanner on my computer. I ran MSRT first with it doing a full scan and it found no malicious software. Then I ran MSS doing a full scan and it found 4 software...
  7. Question about MSRT results

Question about MSRT results: hello, so i ran the mrt and saw the results, i clicked detailed results and found this out so the question is, that all of this are malware?[Original Title: windows mrt]...
  8. MSRT over-reporting?

MSRT over-reporting?: HiWhile I normally depend on a 3rd party AV as an installed scanner and another 3rd party tool for secondary scans, today I decided to download and and perform a full scan using MSRT. The progress report shocked meThe scan result only showed 2 results, not 212 or more.One of...
  9. MSRT found 10+ errors known last seen screen, log states "no errors found" is this...

MSRT found 10+ errors known last seen screen, log states "no errors found" is this...: How do you see or look to see what files were infected? Last looked I had 10 infected files, and it was at 2+ hours scanning. The log file states what is below: I did a manual scan not through windows update. Why does it state that? And if I had 10 infected files when last...
  10. About Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool MSRT

About Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool MSRT: The Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool MSRT helps remove malicious software from computers. It is updated monthly via WU. One can run it anytime by doing the following: Win+X+R, type in MRT, hit Enter. Opt for Quick Scan is by default, hit Next & follow the prompts....