Windows 10: MSTSC RDP crashes shortly after launch

Discus and support MSTSC RDP crashes shortly after launch in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Shortly after launching a remote app on a single computer other machines work just fine the program crashes. It shows that it is connected to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by slaytons, May 18, 2020.

1. slaytons Win User

MSTSC RDP crashes shortly after launch

Shortly after launching a remote app on a single computer other machines work just fine the program crashes. It shows that it is connected to the server then does not show the app and crashes.

Here is the info from the event viewer:

Faulting application name: mstsc.exe, version: 10.0.18362.752, time stamp: 0x64062c86

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.719, time stamp: 0x64d10ee0

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000f92a9

Faulting process id: 0x2fb8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d62d48f044a33e

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\mstsc.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: dee6d851-f8de-421c-a7ec-8d79380c8ac9

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

And:

Fault bucket 2081841460730338595, type 4

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: mstsc.exe

P2: 10.0.18362.752

P3: 64062c86

P4: StackHash_a93f

P5: 10.0.18362.719

P6: 64d10ee0

P7: c0000374

P8: PCH_3F_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009CC14

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF5DA.tmp.mdmp

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF752.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF762.tmp.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF772.tmp.csv

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERF792.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_mstsc.exe_372ceec8cb2e794ff4c25976c010cedec6be6_564341b6_28c6c4f9-7099-4eff-a4e8-87ea74a2d1ff

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 0211195b-a1ef-4f43-a0eb-02eb84c59ba8

Report Status: 268435456

Hashed bucket: 464a66b7afcb329bace42fc749831d23

Cab Guid: 0

_____________________________________________________________________________

Steps I’ve taken:

1. Removed 3 recently installed updates
    2. Checked in event viewer for reason codes for the crash
      1. Googled two of them and found one resolution was to:

i. regsvr32.exe /u ntdll.dll this will uninstall the file

ii. regsvr32.exe ntdll.dll and press this will reinstall the file.

1. Logged into my own account on computer
      1. Opened remote application
      2. It crashed the first time
      3. It crashed the second time
      4. It worked the third time through the sixth times.
    2. Reopened it on the local profile
      1. It crashed and would not successfully open.
    1. After recreating the profile, I am briefly able to see the app and type some text to log into it the actual application, but it crashes again.

:)

slaytons, May 18, 2020

2. mstsc vs rdp

hi

I wish to buy a new laptop with windows 10,

I need to communicate with a remote server, now I am using MSTSC and I was told that there is another option, app called RDP,

I will appreciate to know if they are the same considering speed system recourses etc. and is there any limitation regarding operating system to work smoothly with them.

regards

mikiostrov, May 18, 2020
  3. Unable to launch applications in RDP session

Issue: User is unable to launch applications when connected to a device through RDP

To clarify:

RDP connection itself is successful. User is can access device. But when user clicks an application, it does not launch.

User IS able to launch applications when signed into destination device directly.

Other users are not encountering issues opening applications when connected via RDP on the same devices.

Issue seems to occur only on this users specific profile.

Any suggestions?

Magan Zanella, May 18, 2020
  4. MSTSC RDP crashes shortly after launch

CLI mstsc errorlevel

I have an issue trying to connect to a remote system with mstsc. Occasionally it times out. I have a rough outline of a decent bat to try to connect, then try again if mstsc fails. The issue that's complicating matters is that once mstsc is executed even
    if it fails to connect I get errorlevel 0.

As an experiment, I tried to connect to a non-existent system. I got the popup re: Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons: but the bat thought it was successful. As an experiment I tried a more direct test with the
    test code below from my beta bat, which displayed IT SAYS IT DID WORK.

start /WAIT mstsc %srv%.rdp /h:1280 /w:1024 /v:%srv% /prompt && echo IT SAYS IT DID WORK

if I tried the reverse, it did NOT return the expected error message.

start /WAIT mstsc %srv%.rdp /h:1280 /w:1024 /v:%srv% /prompt || echo IT SAYS IT FAILED

Of course I also echoed the errorlevel, and it's 0 whether or not I actually connect/log in.

Am I missing something? Does anyone have a non-powershell method to actually determine if mstsc fails?

JKHMSID239, May 18, 2020
Thema:

MSTSC RDP crashes shortly after launch

1. MSTSC RDP crashes shortly after launch - Similar Threads - MSTSC RDP crashes

2. MSTSC RDP crashes shortly after launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSTSC RDP crashes shortly after launch: Hello,I need your help, My MSTSC Crashes on user session but work on Admin session: Nom de l’application défaillante mstsc.exe, version : 10.0.22621.1778, horodatage : 0xec9868c9Nom du module défaillant : ntdll.dll, version : 10.0.22621.1928, horodatage : 0x7dd9e350Code...
  3. MSTSC RDP crashes shortly after launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSTSC RDP crashes shortly after launch: Hello,I need your help, My MSTSC Crashes on user session but work on Admin session: Nom de l’application défaillante mstsc.exe, version : 10.0.22621.1778, horodatage : 0xec9868c9Nom du module défaillant : ntdll.dll, version : 10.0.22621.1928, horodatage : 0x7dd9e350Code...
  4. System Crashes Shortly after startup

System Crashes Shortly after startup: SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎06/‎07/‎2022 18:03StatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 10eParameter 1: 17Parameter 2: ffff8283d1536000Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: ffffffffc00002b6OS version: 10_0_22000Service Pack: 0_0Product:...
  5. Disable Windows Hello for RDP mstsc or change default setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows Hello for RDP mstsc or change default setting: Hi!,When I connect to servers with RDP I get windows hello PIN as default login method. Is there a way to disable windows hello for mstsc or change the default authentication method?Now I have to click more options all day long and use a different account....
  6. Disable Windows Hello for RDP mstsc or change default setting

Disable Windows Hello for RDP mstsc or change default setting: Hi!,When I connect to servers with RDP I get windows hello PIN as default login method. Is there a way to disable windows hello for mstsc or change the default authentication method?Now I have to click more options all day long and use a different account....
  7. Disable Windows Hello for RDP mstsc or change default setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Disable Windows Hello for RDP mstsc or change default setting

9. Windows 10 File Explorer Crashing shortly after launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer Crashing shortly after launching: Hello, My File Explorer crashes shortly after opening. I've tried all recommended troubleshooting approaches to no avail. Here is the diagnostic for my most recent crash. Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped working Date ‎1/‎21/‎2020 8:17 PM Status...
  10. How can I fix my MSTSC/RDP? Its not launching.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I fix my MSTSC/RDP? Its not launching.: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] How can I fix my mstsc/rdp? It doesn't seem to start, and the icons are not similar to the images I see on everyone else. I have enabled remote desktop connection, disabled firewall, and antivirus, and the RDP doesn't seem to start/launch. PS: the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Event ID 1000 Faulting application name: mstsc.exe version: 10.0.18362.752