Windows 10: msvcp140.dll

Discus and support msvcp140.dll in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just had an update to Windows 10 and now I am getting an error stating MSVCP140.dllis either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DickBrewer1, Aug 31, 2019.

1. msvcp140.dll

I just had an update to Windows 10 and now I am getting an error stating MSVCP140.dllis either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error.

I tried deleting the file but it comes back with "file is open in wlanext.exe" and am unable to delete

I am unable to open any PDF files.

Any suggestions???

:)

DickBrewer1, Aug 31, 2019
  2. John Ado Win User

MSVCP140.dll

Hi,

This occurs when the program you are trying to run requires the MSVCP140.dll file to be present on your computer system. MSVCP140.dll is a Microsoft C Runtime Library file of size around 626 KB, located in the System32 folder, and is installed by Microsoft
    Visual Studio. If any DLL file goes missing or gets corrupted, you can see such error messages on your screen.

With that in mind, we'd like to know:

• Does it only affect a specific program?
    • Were you able to launch this program before?
    • Have you tried reinstalling the program?

If you have reinstalled the app the issue still persists, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio

here

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Aug 31, 2019
  3. himalay_atram, Aug 31, 2019
  4. msvcp140.dll

msvcp140.dll

after getting updates msvcp140.dll is missing

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

johnmcmurray65, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

msvcp140.dll

1. msvcp140.dll - Similar Threads - msvcp140 dll

2. Error code msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll whilst downloading amd drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll whilst downloading amd drivers.: I replaced both the files and downloaded both x64 and x86 c++ redist folders but it still isnt fixed. I also did sfc /scannow and chkdsk and Dism.exe command but NOTHING worked, I have a windows 10 pc with an amd graphics card Msvcp140.dll Bad image error occures when opening...
  3. Error code msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll whilst downloading amd drivers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll whilst downloading amd drivers.: I replaced both the files and downloaded both x64 and x86 c++ redist folders but it still isnt fixed. I also did sfc /scannow and chkdsk and Dism.exe command but NOTHING worked, I have a windows 10 pc with an amd graphics card Msvcp140.dll Bad image error occures when opening...
  4. Error code msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll whilst downloading amd drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to Fix Msvcp140.dll and Vcruntime140.dll Bad image error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix Msvcp140.dll and Vcruntime140.dll Bad image error?: I replaced both the files and downloaded both x64 and x86 c++ redist folders but it still isnt fixed. I also did sfc /scannow and chkdsk and Dism.exe command but NOTHING worked, I have a windows 10 pc with an amd graphics card Msvcp140.dll Bad image error occures when opening...
  6. How to Fix Msvcp140.dll and Vcruntime140.dll Bad image error?

How to Fix Msvcp140.dll and Vcruntime140.dll Bad image error?: I replaced both the files and downloaded both x64 and x86 c++ redist folders but it still isnt fixed. I also did sfc /scannow and chkdsk and Dism.exe command but NOTHING worked, I have a windows 10 pc with an amd graphics card Msvcp140.dll Bad image error occures when opening...
  7. How to Fix Msvcp140.dll and Vcruntime140.dll Bad image error?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. The Program Can't Start because of MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Program Can't Start because of MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer error: Do I need to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++? my version is 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 and do I need to worry about version compatibility with Windows Embedded Standard 2010 service pack 1? Thank you...
  9. The Program Can't Start because of MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer error

The Program Can't Start because of MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer error: Do I need to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++? my version is 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 and do I need to worry about version compatibility with Windows Embedded Standard 2010 service pack 1? Thank you...
  10. Error message for "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message for "MSVCP140.dll" and "VCRUNTIME140.dll": Hello.As you can see I install latest x86 32-bit: vc_redist.x86.exe and x64 64-bit: vc_redist.x64.exe. But it is have issues. I was clicking on WSASetting.exe....
Tags: