Windows 10: msvcr100.dll Not There But It Is There..

Discus and support msvcr100.dll Not There But It Is There.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; win10. A new install, two days old. I have an app complaining it can't run because it can't find msvcr100.dll but a file utility shows it is there and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Apr 13, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

msvcr100.dll Not There But It Is There..

win10. A new install, two days old.

I have an app complaining it can't run because it can't find msvcr100.dll but a file utility shows it is there and cmd >path shows the folder it is in is in the path.

How could this be?

msvcr100.dll  Not There But It Is There.. [​IMG]

:)

abrogard, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Ztruker Win User

Error message MSVCR100.dll

What programs can't you open?

On my Win 10 Pro X64 system, msvcr100.dll is in quite a few places:

If you install Everything Search then use it to look for msvcr100.dll you can see all the places it is on your computer and maybe copy from one to the System32 or SysWOW64 directory if that is missing.

Ztruker, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Kroltan Win User
    MSVCR100.dll missing, but it is present

First of all, I have downloaded the runtimes suggested in the following answers:

Which are basically the same, but indicating different versions of the Visual C++ runtime. I tried all combinations of all versions of both 32 and 64 bit runtimes.

This is not a duplicate of either because the problem still ocurrs.

I have recently installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on a new drive, but when trying to run some programs from the old drive, I get "DLL missing" errors for MSVCR100.dll and MSVCP100.dll.

My first instinct was installing the Visual C++ Runtime Redistributable, but this had no avail. After checking out the answers above, I found later versions of it, but the result was the same. The DLLs were appropriately placed by the installers in the SysWOW64 and System32 folders, yet the programs fail to detect them.

The programs in question are Steam (which despite the errors, still works, except for game updates) and CEMU (which doesn't open at all). I also hear the Windows "error sound" when turning off / restarting the computer, presumably due to those "missing" DLLs.

UPDATE

Even placing the DLLs directly beside the program and running it still causes errors.

msvcr100.dll  Not There But It Is There.. oCGb7.png

Kroltan, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Tintai Win User

msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll in C:\

Hello back TPU!

Yesterday I saw two files(msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll) in my C:\ disk folder. What does this mean? I know this two files should be in C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 or somewhere in C:\Windows but not in main disk folder. I deleted this files but files appeared again today. Is this a virus or maybe an application? How can I check this?

Tintai

Tintai, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

1. msvcr100.dll Not There But It Is There.. - Similar Threads - msvcr100 dll

2. dll files disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dll files disappeared: I recently had a group of dll files disappear from my laptop (windows 10). the missing are: CBSCreateVC.dll DAQExp.dll CBSProductsinfo.dll In the midst of losing them I was temporarily unable to connect my laptop to wi-fi, and that oddly corrected itself. I am...
  3. procedure entry point av-buffer_create not located in DLL library

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    procedure entry point av-buffer_create not located in DLL library: I keep getting this error today when I try to open my Slack app. It was working perfectly last week. Today I went to add another channel on the app, and BAM it throws this error. I have uninstalled the app and re-installed it, same error every time. I have used the...
  4. Genius EasyPen i405X issue with ioTablet, can't install the driver! (WinTab32.dll -...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Genius EasyPen i405X issue with ioTablet, can't install the driver! (WinTab32.dll -...: Hello, it's the first time ever where I post something in a forum to get help with a technical issue related to applications running on my OS, but I can't seem to find any help elsewhere. I have a drawing tablet (Genius EasyPen i405X) that I have been using since December of...
  5. DLL Files containing icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DLL Files containing icons: I'm rebuilding my Win10 desktop after recovering from a failure to boot. I've used GOOGLE to obtain a list of DLL files that hold icons. They're located in the "system32" folder, along with HUNDREDS of other DLL files that DON'T hold icons, and whose names make no sense...
  6. wsock32.dll untrusted please help

wsock32.dll untrusted please help: i recently got rust (a game on steam) and i already have 30hours on the game. 2days ago i played rust for 4 hours in one day. the next day i get 2 errors and i cant open the game anymore. This game uses a anti cheat called Easy Anti Cheat and im pretty sure that this has...
  7. Msvcr100.dll issue

Msvcr100.dll issue: Recenty i got a little problem with my vcredist Everytime i try to play my games (PointBlank.exe), the game won't run if my SysWOW64 folder has msvcr100.dll in it (and there's no error message appear on my screen", just like forced to close). but if i remove the...
  8. Windows 10 MSVCR100.dll Crashing Presonus Studio One

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 MSVCR100.dll Crashing Presonus Studio One: I am getting errors specifically "EVENT ID: 1000" Application Error and then Crash when trying to Run Presonus Studio One 4.1.3 on Windows Here is the Error Details: Faulting application name: Studio One.exe, version: 4.1.3.50787, time stamp: 0x5c498f0d Faulting module...
  9. How to enforce usage of MSVCR100.dll? Change from Win7--->Win10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enforce usage of MSVCR100.dll? Change from Win7--->Win10?: I have a small utility which uses the MS C++ Redistributable library msvcr100.dll It works successfully on Windows 7. Now I put the program and all accompaning files (including msvcr100.dll) on an USB flash drive. When I plugin that USB flash drive into another...
  10. Error message MSVCR100.dll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error message MSVCR100.dll: How do I fix this error message. It says something is missing and cannot open certain programs. Checked on line but Windows 10 fix is not listed. 15397

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ihave msvcp100.dill but not showing while opening game