Windows 10: MSWMM file- HELP needed

Discus and support MSWMM file- HELP needed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new computer which runs on Windows 10. I downloaded files from an old hard drive and one of the files are videos, however, they are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by msdawn123, Jan 24, 2021.

1. msdawn123 Win User

MSWMM file- HELP needed

I have a new computer which runs on Windows 10. I downloaded files from an old hard drive and one of the files are videos, however, they are not playing back on my PC. They are Windows Media Player .MSWMM files. I called MS tech support and they tried to install a Codec Pack, however, that is not working. What can I do? Are my videos lost forever? I can not open the file to save them in another version and I read that MS no longer has a download for Windows Movie Maker.

:)

msdawn123, Jan 24, 2021
  2. mymarge Win User

MSWMM files

I have MSWMM files made in Windows XP how can I open with windows10 please? Marg.

mymarge, Jan 24, 2021
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

MSWMM file- HELP needed

.MSWMM

Hello Brian,

The file that is created in Microsoft Windows Movie Maker can't be opened at the Windows 10 media player due to compatibility issues. We suggest that you convert the .mswmm extension
    into an .avi extension to view them on Windows 10 media player. Kindly see this

article
    for more information about the file extensions.

Kindly get back to us.

Xylee Del, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

MSWMM file- HELP needed

1. MSWMM file- HELP needed - Similar Threads - MSWMM file HELP

2. Need help with file recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with file recovery: Hi, I have deleted some files from my laptop and I want to use windows file recovery or any other similar file recovery software. But the thing is I have only one hard drive :C not partitioned, so to recover files, I need a separate drive space right or else it will override...
  3. Need Help with DMP Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help with DMP Files: Hi,I have run Driver Verify DV on an old PC, which has only produced BSODs since a clean reinstall of Win 10. I can't get into Windows before the BSOD intervenes every time on start-up, except when using Safe Mode.Before using DV, the BSOD gave no details, but with DV it...
  4. Need help with batch file

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with batch file: Hi all, I need a batch file to do the following: If this is the first time the batch is run: Do command one If this is the second, third or fourth time the batch is run: Do command two If this is the fifth time the batch is run: Do command three Start all over again as if the...
  5. Some files help needed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some files help needed.: Ok so currently I’m following a tutorial on how to download Minecraft stuff (not important) and I’ve recently wiped and reset my computer and before when I used to download and open the files, from what I can remember they just opened and showed their window but now after the...
  6. MSWMM Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSWMM Files: Version: Windows 10 Professional 64-bit. Before I posted this, I did some extensive researching, even on this forum, and come to find out that it's almost impossible to open old MSWMM files in the current day using Windows 10. I have a bunch of movie projects saved in an old...
  7. Need help with deleting a file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with deleting a file: So there's this file called TeeDriverW8x64.sys in my Windows.old folder. I can't seem to delete it no matter what and i'm pretty sure it might be a malware or something. I've tried using cmd, lock hunter, file assassin and safe mode. Any idea, guys? Edit: the error it...
  8. Need batch file help

in Windows 10 Support
    Need batch file help: I want to create a script to start a game at E:\Grand Theft Auto V\PlayGTAV.exe and wait one minute and then open an existing batch file at E:\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAV Hardcore.bat What do I have to add to the following? start /b "" "E:\Grand Theft Auto V\PlayGTAV.exe" start...
  9. Need help with file attributes

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with file attributes: Hi and thanks for adding me. I have been searching the internet like crazy and it seems no one knows what i'm asking for. I want to change the attribute to hidden for one file type. In particular .db files. I don't want to change one file, I want to change all. db files. Its...
  10. Need help with batch file

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with batch file: No serious Batch file or scripting experience, so bear with me. We use a site for our business that has to run on IE and has to have the cache cleared a certain way sometimes for it to function. We have to go IE options, uncheck delete history on exit - go to delete...