Windows 10: MSXML 4.0 SP 2 on windows 11 can't be installed

Discus and support MSXML 4.0 SP 2 on windows 11 can't be installed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hello, im just trying to install mathcad 15 on my windows 11 laptop. but it says must be install MSXML 4.0 SP2. but the MSXML can't installed on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kagumi, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Kagumi Win User

MSXML 4.0 SP 2 on windows 11 can't be installed

hello, im just trying to install mathcad 15 on my windows 11 laptop. but it says must be install MSXML 4.0 SP2. but the MSXML can't installed on my laptop. how can i install it?

:)

Kagumi, Dec 4, 2022
  2. Raj_7 Win User

MSXML version...

Hi There,

I can see that MSXML 6.0 v6.30.17763.1339 is installed on the machine. I want to know the service pack version of this.

I used following steps to find file version of msxml6.dll:

How to determine the MSXML version

To determine the MSXML version that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:

1. Locate the Msxml6.dll file in the following directory:
      C:\Windows\System32
    2. Right-click the Msxml6.dll file, and then click Properties.
    3. Click the Details tab to see the version information.
    I want to know the SP version of msxml6.dll file version: 6.30.17763.1339.

Looks like it is MSXML 6.0SP3 but I am not sure. Please help.

Thanks

Raj_7, Dec 4, 2022
  3. unable to install msxml 4 SP3

Hi 58Spencer1

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

See if these steps help:

Method 1: Download MSXML 4.0 from Microsoft update catalogue

Navigate to the link
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search...

Click on the Download button beside Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 3 for x64-based Systems (KB2758694)

Select the language in which you want to download the update.

Once the .exe file is downloaded, right click on the .exe file and select Run as Administrator.

Follow the on screen instructions to install the update.

Once the update is installed restart the computer.

Method 2: Usually, we see 0x80070490 error if there are corruption in certain components of the operating system.

We can run the DISM command to check for the corrupted components and repair them. To run the DISM command follow the steps mentioned below:

Type Command prompt in the search bar.

Right click on the Command Prompt icon and select Run as Administrator.

Copy and paste the following command in Command prompt: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Once the process is completed restart the computer.

Method 3: Install MSXML 4.0 in Compatibility mode.

You can try installing MSXML 4.0 update in Compatibility mode. To install the update in Compatibility mode follow the steps mentioned below:

Right-click on the .exe file of the update and select "Properties".

Select "Compatibility" Tab.

Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select the appropriate operating system from the drop down list.

Let the update install.

Once the update is installed restart the computer.

Andre for Directly, Dec 4, 2022
  4. JackXiu Win User

Does Windows 11 support MSXML 6.0?

While installing an application which is developed with msxml 6.0, the installer is looking for a new version of MSXML. The installer works perfectly well in Windows 10. Dows Windows 11 support MSXML 6.0?

JackXiu, Dec 4, 2022
Thema:

1. MSXML 4.0 SP 2 on windows 11 can't be installed - Similar Threads - MSXML can't installed

2. Windows can’t be installed on drive 0 partition 2.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can’t be installed on drive 0 partition 2.: I updated my BIOS version and used my windows 10 USB to boot and during the install it says that I can’t choose the drive for my SSD because it is MBR and has to be GPT. When the “where do you want to install windows?” Window comes up I have 3 partitions on drive 0. I’m not...
  3. Windows can’t be installed on drive 0 partition 2.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can’t be installed on drive 0 partition 2.: I updated my BIOS version and used my windows 10 USB to boot and during the install it says that I can’t choose the drive for my SSD because it is MBR and has to be GPT. When the “where do you want to install windows?” Window comes up I have 3 partitions on drive 0. I’m not...
  4. Windows can’t be installed on drive 0 partition 2.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. MSXML 4.0 SP 2 on windows 11 can't be installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSXML 4.0 SP 2 on windows 11 can't be installed: hello, im just trying to install mathcad 15 on my windows 11 laptop. but it says must be install MSXML 4.0 SP2. but the MSXML can't installed on my laptop. how can i install it?...
  6. Does Windows 11 support MSXML 6.0?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 11 support MSXML 6.0?: While installing an application which is developed with msxml 6.0, the installer is looking for a new version of MSXML. The installer works perfectly well in Windows 10. Dows Windows 11 support MSXML 6.0?...
  7. How to install MSXML 4.0?

How to install MSXML 4.0?: I recently reset my Windows and it uninstalled many essential software like Visual C++ and MSXML 4.0. I am trying to reinstall them back as they are needed for many of my software and games which were installed outside of C drive. Now I am unable to find the download link of...
  8. Can't download MSXML 4.0 SP2

Can't download MSXML 4.0 SP2: Hello, First of all, I was trying to download MSXML 4.0 SP2 when suddenly during the installation, it popped out error 1935. I REALLY need to get rid of it. I tried running SFC scan and nothing is corrupted. Can someone help me please? Regards, Andre -_-...
  9. unable to install msxml 4 SP3

unable to install msxml 4 SP3: I have had to re-install windows after a failed update locked me out of the OS. I have a new ssd and a fresh install of Win 10 Pro version 1809 build 17763.379, but I am unable to install an app that worked fine on the old system, version 1703 build 15063.483 It requires...
  10. KB3125574 or the SP 2 for Windows 7 where is the KB article?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB3125574 or the SP 2 for Windows 7 where is the KB article?: Hello, Windows 7 SP1 clean install I want to install KB3125574, the 'Convenience rollup update for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1' Where is the KB article to follow the prerequisites? Can I have more instructions about installing the KB3125574 on Windows 7...