Windows 10: MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser

Discus and support MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Looking at the closed forum discussions, I still can't work out why this appeared on my PC (running Windows 10) yesterday. I had downloaded Xara Web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by annpock, Oct 30, 2018.

1. annpock Win User

MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser

Looking at the closed forum discussions, I still can't work out why this appeared on my PC (running Windows 10) yesterday. I had downloaded Xara Web designer premium. The version is post 2009 - when, from the fora, I understand the rogue MSXML became redundant. Do I need it? Should I be suspicious of it? If I can get rid, how do I do it?

:)

annpock, Oct 30, 2018

2. MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser problem

Hi Anju,

Thankyou for your reply. However it does not really answer the question I have, perhaps I did not explain very clearly.

As far as Windows 10 is concerned I am up to date. I have checked.

The issue is Secunia PSI the programme I use to keep my programmes up to date flags up that MSXML 4.0 is not up to date but sends me to the MS download page for MSXML 6 which is already installed. Installed when I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1.

It is flagging up, I think, the last update or version of MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser

I have decided to include a couple of links to now closed threads in the Secunia PSI forum that may shed some light on my dilemma:

Secunia

Secunia

I have version 4.30.2100 of the now unsupported MSXML 4.0, this is apparently vulnerable according to info in above threads. The version I should have is 4.30.2117.0 but as I have now upgraded to Windows 10 I am not sure I can download this final version
    of MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser to patch any vulnerability.

When I posted this question the other day on the Secunia site, an experienced 'handling contributor' who contributed to the above threads suggested my options were to ignore and live with it or uninstall MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser.

However I checked out a couple of threads on MS Community related to MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser and the advice was not to uninstall. So I do not know what to do about this apparent vulnerability I have ?

I am not very tech savvie and would appreciate further guidance regarding this issue.

Not even sure I am posting this question in the correct place

Regards

Albatross1, Oct 31, 2018
  3. MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser problem

Hi,

I have an issue with MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser, or I think I may have. Apart from not understanding really what it is - other than it is now redundant/unsupported by MS the programme is continuously flagged up by Secunia PSI as in need of updating. There
    is a long, now closed thread, on the Secunia forum about this issue that I find a bit confusing. I am not very tech savvy but I do understand the need to keep programmes up to date.

To provide a bit of context. I purchased a new PC with Windows 8.1 installed and having gone through the process, I thought, of installing updates for Windows 8.1 I immediately, with the heavy prompting from MS decided to upgrade immediately to Windows 10,
    which I intended to do anyway but possibly not as soon as I had anticipated. It was not a smooth process and took ages, however, I did eventually manage to upgrade successfully. I then installed Secunia PSI to make sure my programmes were kept up to date.
    It was then after a Secunia scan that the apparent neeed to upgrade MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser was flagged. I discovered that the version I had was 4.30.2100.0 which was not the last version supported.

I clicked the Secunia link to update and was taken to a MS download page for MSXML 6.0 which, as I had upgraded to Windows 10 was already installed.

The question I have is the version of MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser I have vulnerable as I do not appear to have the final update (which is why, I assume, Secunia keeps flagging the update) ?

I just do not how to resolve this issue or if it is a concern as regards security ? I posted on the Secunia Forum and was advised by an experienced contributor to uninstall MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser as it was no longer supported, was not part of Windows 10 and
    would not affect my OS. I may lose functionality on an old programme.

However having looked at various posts and threads on the Windows 10 forum I am not sure that uninstalling the programme is a good idea and even doing so is not as straightforward as just going to programmes and features and uninstalling.

I would really appreciate some advice as how to resolve my dilemma. As I say I am not vey tech savvy and am looking for a straightforward solution, if possible.

Further I am not sure where to post this question so have gone for Update, back up and recovery.

Albatross1, Oct 31, 2018
  4. MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser

MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser problem

Hi, received an email from MS Community asking if I had resolved this issue. As I have had no response to my last reply the answer is no. I am still left with the quandry outlined above. Is it safe to uninstall MSMXL 4 SP3 parser ? Is there a potential security
    risk in having version 4.30.2100 and if there is how can I prevent any vulnerability by either downloading version 4.30.2117 or uninstalling MSXMX 4 SP3 parser altogether as suggested on the Secunia forum ?

I contacted MS support via 'chat' but it was not a very productive experience and although the adviser trotted out the

advice against uninstalling only confused me further with additional information and I am not sure grasped what I was on about.

Again any further help appreciated as I am stuck.

Albatross1, Oct 31, 2018
  5. MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser problem

Hi,

I have an issue with MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser, or I think I may have. Apart from not understanding really what it is - other than it is now redundant/unsupported by MS the programme is continuously flagged up by Secunia PSI as in need of updating. There
    is a long, now closed thread, on the Secunia forum about this issue that I find a bit confusing. I am not very tech savvy but I do understand the need to keep programmes up to date.

To provide a bit of context. I purchased a new PC with Windows 8.1 installed and having gone through the process, I thought, of installing updates for Windows 8.1 I immediately, with the heavy prompting from MS decided to upgrade immediately to Windows 10,
    which I intended to do anyway but possibly not as soon as I had anticipated. It was not a smooth process and took ages, however, I did eventually manage to upgrade successfully. I then installed Secunia PSI to make sure my programmes were kept up to date.
    It was then after a Secunia scan that the apparent neeed to upgrade MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser was flagged. I discovered that the version I had was 4.30.2100.0 which was not the last version supported.

I clicked the Secunia link to update and was taken to a MS download page for MSXML 6.0 which, as I had upgraded to Windows 10 was already installed.

The question I have is the version of MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser I have vulnerable as I do not appear to have the final update (which is why, I assume, Secunia keeps flagging the update) ?

I just do not how to resolve this issue or if it is a concern as regards security ? I posted on the Secunia Forum and was advised by an experienced contributor to uninstall MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser as it was no longer supported, was not part of Windows 10 and
    would not affect my OS. I may lose functionality on an old programme.

However having looked at various posts and threads on the Windows 10 forum I am not sure that uninstalling the programme is a good idea and even doing so is not as straightforward as just going to programmes and features and uninstalling.

I would really appreciate some advice as how to resolve my dilemma. As I say I am not vey tech savvy and am looking for a straightforward solution, if possible.

Further I am not sure where to post this question so have gone for Update, back up and recovery.

Albatross1, Oct 31, 2018
  6. MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser problem

Hi, received an email from MS Community asking if I had resolved this issue. As I have had no response to my last reply the answer is no. I am still left with the quandry outlined above. Is it safe to uninstall MSMXL 4 SP3 parser ? Is there a potential security
    risk in having version 4.30.2100 and if there is how can I prevent any vulnerability by either downloading version 4.30.2117 or uninstalling MSXMX 4 SP3 parser altogether as suggested on the Secunia forum ?

I contacted MS support via 'chat' but it was not a very productive experience and although the adviser trotted out the

advice against uninstalling only confused me further with additional information and I am not sure grasped what I was on about.

Again any further help appreciated as I am stuck.

Albatross1, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser

1. MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser - Similar Threads - MSXML SP3 Parser

2. Microsoft XML Parser MSXML and XML Core Services Unsupported

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft XML Parser MSXML and XML Core Services Unsupported: Hi Team,Microsoft XML Parser MSXML and XML Core Services UnsupportedThis is the vulnerability flagged on systems with WIN10 PRO. 1. Can we go ahead and remove MSXML 4.0 SP2 parser and SDK from control panel to mitigate?2. Does it require any latest version to be installed on...
  3. Microsoft XML Parser MSXML and XML Core Services Unsupported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft XML Parser MSXML and XML Core Services Unsupported: Hi Team,Microsoft XML Parser MSXML and XML Core Services UnsupportedThis is the vulnerability flagged on systems with WIN10 PRO. 1. Can we go ahead and remove MSXML 4.0 SP2 parser and SDK from control panel to mitigate?2. Does it require any latest version to be installed on...
  4. Microsoft XML Parser MSXML and XML Core Services Unsupported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MSXML version...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSXML version...: Hi There,I can see that MSXML 6.0 v6.30.17763.1339 is installed on the machine. I want to know the service pack version of this.I used following steps to find file version of msxml6.dll:How to determine the MSXML versionTo determine the MSXML version that is installed on your...
  6. Installing MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser (KB2721691) ERROR HRESULT: 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser (KB2721691) ERROR HRESULT: 0x80070490: Hi, please could anyone help me to get fix this error , I'm going crazy [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-msxml-40-sp3-parser-kb2721691-error/d1b55cb0-a1d2-444c-b3f1-a3199b2832c6
  7. unable to install msxml 4 SP3

unable to install msxml 4 SP3: I have had to re-install windows after a failed update locked me out of the OS. I have a new ssd and a fresh install of Win 10 Pro version 1809 build 17763.379, but I am unable to install an app that worked fine on the old system, version 1703 build 15063.483 It requires...
  8. Installing MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser (KB2758694) ERROR HRESULT: 0x80070490

Installing MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser (KB2758694) ERROR HRESULT: 0x80070490: This error occurs on every fresh Windows 10 pc in production running build 1809. Please address. This was not an issue on 1803.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-msxml-40-sp3-parser-kb2758694-error/e0b6efde-b084-4582-9724-0905f65b869b
  9. Can't patch MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser with msxml4-KB2758694-enu.exe On Windows 10 1809 Build...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't patch MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser with msxml4-KB2758694-enu.exe On Windows 10 1809 Build...: Try on 6 machines. Clean installed Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.1, then updated to Build 17763.55. No this issue found on any previous versions. My desktop application needs this prerequisite....
  10. parser error

parser error: Upgrading from W7 pro to W10 pro (USB) - have a message that says parser error. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.050727\config\machine.config parser returned error 0xC00CE556 I am a novice at this so have no idea what it means. 86190

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msxml 4.0 sp3 parser 4.30.2100.0 windows 10

2. msxml 4.0

3. msxml4 0x80070490

4. msxml 4.0 sp3 4.30.2117.0 forum,
  5. windows 10 msxml4 sp3