Windows 10: MTP driver cannot start code 10

Discus and support MTP driver cannot start code 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; pc not responding on connecting mobile phones , other usb devices such as flash drives and input devices are working properly. the phone is charging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vaibhav Srijan, Sep 6, 2020.

1. MTP driver cannot start code 10

pc not responding on connecting mobile phones , other usb devices such as flash drives and input devices are working properly.

the phone is charging when connected but nothing else happens.

see the img file below to see the response of driver .

please help

thanks...

MTP driver cannot start code 10 a6d07540-d5a9-43ad-aaf6-8484b2a43f4d?upload=true.png

:)

Vaibhav Srijan, Sep 6, 2020

2. mtp usb driver

nokia Lumia 520

the mtp usb driver has suddenly stopped working

it is showing error code 10 process has been terminated

any suggestions what I can do

dennis

dennisharrison, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Ch863 Win User
    MTP Driver Error when trying to update or reinstall (Windows 10)

I had the same issue with Windows 10 1607, Windows correctly installed the MTP driver for my phone the first time I plugged it in, then failed to recognize the phone the next times I plugged it in using the MTP protocol. Seems it's a bug with Windows 10,
    if you google "Windows 10" MTP android limiting the search to the past month you'll find a bunch of people with the same issue.

Try to manually install the MTP USB Device driver see if that fixes the issue for you too.

Right click on your phone (should be in Portable Devices) in the Device manager, on the driver tab click "Update Driver..." On the "update Driver Software" window select "Browse my computer for driver software" on the next windows select "Let me pick from
    a list of device drivers on my computer" then in the list of compatible hardware devices, select "MTP USB Device" click next and your phone should be working again.

If you don't see MTP USB device in the list of compatible hardware, manually install the MTP USB device using the Add legacy hardware wizard. (Add legacy hardware -> Install the hardware that I manually select from the list (Advanced) -> in the list select
    "Portable Device" -> in the next list pick "MTP USB Device" then install it. Once it's installed redo the steps I gave you in the previous paragraph, the "MTP USB Device" should be showing now in the list of compatible hardware.

Cheers~

Ch863, Sep 6, 2020
  4. MTP driver cannot start code 10

MTP Driver Error when trying to update or reinstall (Windows 10)

Ch863 thnak you very much this saved my life, after spending like week searching with no luck,

kigenzaaime patrick, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

MTP driver cannot start code 10

1. MTP driver cannot start code 10 - Similar Threads - MTP driver cannot

2. MTP drivers no longer installed code 28

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MTP drivers no longer installed code 28: About a week ago I attempted to transfer some files from my Samsung tablet to my Windows 10 laptop and the drivers were not available giving me error code 28. I've tried to reinstall them but nothing worked. Other android devices that I plug in also give the same result....
  3. MTP drivers no longer installed code 28

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MTP drivers no longer installed code 28: About a week ago I attempted to transfer some files from my Samsung tablet to my Windows 10 laptop and the drivers were not available giving me error code 28. I've tried to reinstall them but nothing worked. Other android devices that I plug in also give the same result....
  4. MTP drivers no longer installed code 28

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mtp driver broken

Mtp driver broken: so basically i cant seem to update mtp driver usb nor replace it with some other driver because whenever i plug my phone into my pc it just doesnt want to recognize it i tried everything by manually installing or using other softwares or going on google for help and im...
  6. USB Drivers (This device cannot start. (Code 10)).

USB Drivers (This device cannot start. (Code 10)).: Hello, About 3 days ago, I was doing some normal browsing on my computer running Windows 10, version 1909. Suddenly, my computer went to a black screen and froze. I had to manually press the restart button. After that incident, my USB drivers are not loading. Luckily my...
  7. USB Drivers (This device cannot start. (Code 10)).

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Drivers (This device cannot start. (Code 10)).: Hello, About 3 days ago, I was doing some normal browsing on my computer running Windows 10, version 1909. Suddenly, my computer went to a black screen and froze. I had to manually press the restart button. After that incident, my USB drivers are not loading. Luckily my...
  8. mtp usb driver

mtp usb driver: Hi . May someone help me thrue fixing usb drivers ? Im runnung on windows 10 pro / os build 10.0.18363.836 / ver 1909 I have tried all possible solutions and nothing get fixed..! All i need is to connect my android phone to my laptop thrue mtp ... Many thanks...
  9. Wifi driver in Win 10 : This device cannot start Code 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi driver in Win 10 : This device cannot start Code 10.: I'm using ASUS ROG Strix SCAR III G731GU. I was not able to connect my laptop to the Wi-Fi so I checked in Device Manager under Network Adapters and found out that my Wi-Fi adapter Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz is not working. I tried updating driver but it kept saying that...
  10. MTP driver error

MTP driver error: Hi, My LGV20 is working perfectly and is recognized by other computers. I go to Microsoft Page and download the MTP driver. I go to LG Page and install the universal USB LG mobile phone driver, and it says that I don't have the MTP driver installed. I have spoken to...