Windows 10: MTP Driver Windows Home N

Discus and support MTP Driver Windows Home N in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 Home N Version 1903 and when i connect my Android device the MTP driver not install corect.. Can everyone Help me ??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VelicuCristian, Oct 20, 2019.

1. MTP Driver Windows Home N

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Home N Version 1903 and when i connect my Android device the MTP driver not install corect..

Can everyone Help me ??

:)

VelicuCristian, Oct 20, 2019
  2. rwb1012 Win User

MTP driver

You need to install Windows Media Player to use MTP or PTP.

You can download the appropriate version from
    here

rwb1012, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Ch863 Win User
    MTP Driver Error when trying to update or reinstall (Windows 10)

I had the same issue with Windows 10 1607, Windows correctly installed the MTP driver for my phone the first time I plugged it in, then failed to recognize the phone the next times I plugged it in using the MTP protocol. Seems it's a bug with Windows 10,
    if you google "Windows 10" MTP android limiting the search to the past month you'll find a bunch of people with the same issue.

Try to manually install the MTP USB Device driver see if that fixes the issue for you too.

Right click on your phone (should be in Portable Devices) in the Device manager, on the driver tab click "Update Driver..." On the "update Driver Software" window select "Browse my computer for driver software" on the next windows select "Let me pick from
    a list of device drivers on my computer" then in the list of compatible hardware devices, select "MTP USB Device" click next and your phone should be working again.

If you don't see MTP USB device in the list of compatible hardware, manually install the MTP USB device using the Add legacy hardware wizard. (Add legacy hardware -> Install the hardware that I manually select from the list (Advanced) -> in the list select
    "Portable Device" -> in the next list pick "MTP USB Device" then install it. Once it's installed redo the steps I gave you in the previous paragraph, the "MTP USB Device" should be showing now in the list of compatible hardware.

Cheers~

Ch863, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

MTP Driver Windows Home N

MTP not working

Hi Neeraj Chimwal,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please answer the below questions:

1. What is the version of Windows you are using?
    2. Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

Media Transfer Protocol(MTP) allows media files to be transferred
    automatically to and from portable devices. Devices using MTP have a USB connection that allows users to connect the device directly to a computer. To transfer the files we require a specific driver, if the driver is corrupted, we come across
    these issues.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Install Media feature pack.

I would suggest you to install
    Media Feature Pack.
    Select the edition as 1803 and follow the on screen instructions. Once the installation is done, go back to
    C:\Windows\INF folder and search for "wpdmtp.inf" file.

Method 2:
    Install the MTP driver.

Step 1:

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Select the driver, right click and select update driver.
    4. Click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.
    5. Now select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
    6. You will have a list, select "MTP USB Device" and click on next.

Step 2: If MTP USB device in not listed in compatible hardware, then manually install the MTP USB driver.

1. Click on Action > select
      Add legacy hardware.
    2. Select install the hardware that I manually select from the list (Advanced).
    3. Select "Portable Device" > Now, select
      MTP USB device and start the installation.
    4. Now MTP device will be visible under compatible hardware mentioned in the
      step 1.

Method 3: Modify registry.

Note: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry
    before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. To backup and restore registry key, refer Microsoft article on
    How to back up and restore the registry
    in Windows

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type regedit and hit enter.
    3. Navigate to the following key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class
    4. Click Edit menu on top and select
      Find.
    5. Type Portable Devices into the box and click
      Find Next.
    6. Check for UpperFilters from the right pane and right click on it > Select
      Delete.
    7. Close the registry and check if MTP issue is fixed.

MTP Driver Windows Home N 47ce4291-aeed-4260-bb91-eede36dc7714?upload=true.png

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

MTP Driver Windows Home N

1. MTP Driver Windows Home N - Similar Threads - MTP Driver Home

2. My camera and MTP driver not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My camera and MTP driver not working: When I reinstalled windows 10, the MTP driver and camera stopped working. When I enter the camera it says That it requires the media feature pack for N and KN versions" I have installed the feature but its still didn't work. I have tried to install the MTP driver but it...
  3. Mtp driver broken

Mtp driver broken: so basically i cant seem to update mtp driver usb nor replace it with some other driver because whenever i plug my phone into my pc it just doesnt want to recognize it i tried everything by manually installing or using other softwares or going on google for help and im...
  4. Windows 10 Home N

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home N: How do I purchase Windows 10 Home N from Microsoft? I have only seen regular versions of 10 Home offered on the site. I have an non-activated version on my desktop, and from what I seen in threads here, a product key from a regular version of 10 Home will not work....
  5. Windows Pro N to Windows Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Pro N to Windows Home: I have always had unactivated Windows Pro N installed on my PC. I was wondering that if I purchase a Windows 10 Home product key and enter it on to my PC, will my Windows switch to Windows Home or will it not allow me to change?...
  6. mtp usb driver

mtp usb driver: Hi . May someone help me thrue fixing usb drivers ? Im runnung on windows 10 pro / os build 10.0.18363.836 / ver 1909 I have tried all possible solutions and nothing get fixed..! All i need is to connect my android phone to my laptop thrue mtp ... Many thanks...
  7. Turn off MTP in Window 10 Home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off MTP in Window 10 Home: - I turned off USB storage devices by going into Regedit and changing value of USBSTOR to 4. - However if I connect my Android phone, it is still recognized as MTP and I can copy files back and forth. How can I turn off MTP and other USB storage options to ensure that no one...
  8. Windows 10 Home N

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home N: Hello, 2 months ago i installed windows to my computer, i dont know why, but i choosed Windows 10 Home N. Today i bought a Product Key for Windows 10 Home, and i cant use it. All i want to do is to change my Windows 10 Home N to Windows 10 Home, please help me!!!...
  9. MTP-Driver missing | Windows 10 - Education N - 64Bit

MTP-Driver missing | Windows 10 - Education N - 64Bit: Not able to install MTP driver for the media transfer, smartphone to pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mtp-driver-missing-windows-10-education-n-64bit/9a34f3fa-d08c-43a7-aed3-e4141e4ca9f1
  10. MTP driver error

MTP driver error: Hi, My LGV20 is working perfectly and is recognized by other computers. I go to Microsoft Page and download the MTP driver. I go to LG Page and install the universal USB LG mobile phone driver, and it says that I don't have the MTP driver installed. I have spoken to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mtp windows 10 driver 1909