Windows 10: MTP USB Device drivers won't install no matter what i do

Discus and support MTP USB Device drivers won't install no matter what i do in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings, i only come here after more than 6 hours of trying to fix this, i can't connect my old iphone (3gs, i use it as a music player) or my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AByod, Feb 22, 2019.

1. AByod Win User

MTP USB Device drivers won't install no matter what i do

Greetings, i only come here after more than 6 hours of trying to fix this, i can't connect my old iphone (3gs, i use it as a music player) or my current phone (sony xeperia Z2) both have been connected to my pc many times, but i can't get them to connect nor to charge via the pc
    I tried every single solution here: There must be a real solution to
    and nothing worked,
    this is what happen:
    MTP USB Device drivers won't install no matter what i do [​IMG]

i got the "windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them" message

http://oi67.tinypic.com/j6iirm.jpg

i also tried all of these solutions too: Media Transfer Protocol not working on Windows 10 [Fix] and nothing worked either, when i locate wpdmtp.inf file. Right click the file and choose Install from the menu, a window with red X says "device one of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time"

I did a system restore but i only had one restore point 1 week ago and didn't fix this and of course tried different cables and usb ports, same issue, and safe mode with networking, also same issue

this C:\windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log is attached

I noticed that this date:

[BeginLog]
    [Boot Session: 2019/01/29 19:11:16.500]

is the last time i connected my iphone successfully to the pc, not sure if this is a helpful info or not

please help i really don't want to do a system reset.. not sure if that will even fix it

Thank you

:)

AByod, Feb 22, 2019

2. MTP usb device not installed correctly

Hi Grace Elizabeth Schmidt,

I'm assuming that you have Windows 7 on your computer.

This is the easiest method to fix the MTP USB Device:

Fix MTP USB Device Driver Problem - Option 1

Fix MTP USB Device Driver Problem - Option 2

• Go to Device Manager, under Portable Devices, right-click on MTP USB Device, and then click on Update Driver Software to update the MTP USB device driver.
    • Select “Let me pick from a List of device drivers on your computer”. The list will show installed driver software compatible with the device.
    • Select the driver you want to install and then click “Next”. Reconnect your mobile phone to your computer.
    • If neither of the ways above can solve the MTP USB device driver problems, you'' probably need to look for the MTP USB driver on
      Nokia's Support Site.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Cole_538 Win User
    USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing

I've been trying to connect my Lenovo K3 Note (Android 5.0.2) via USB (MTP). The drivers fail to install with windows update. The error shows as "Microsoft - Other hardware - MTP Device - Error 0x800f0217."

Things I've done to try and fix the issue (not in order):

• Installed Windows Media Feature Pack (KB3010081) and (KB3099229). As suggested on this Superuser.com thread.
    • Updated USB drivers
    • Enabled USB debugging mode on the device
    • Used the troubleshooter. Returned "Unknown device doesn't have a driver"
    • Reset the PC
    • Plugged into different USB ports

I've hit a brick wall. My phone has worked fine over USB before. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cole_538, Feb 22, 2019
  4. MTP USB Device drivers won't install no matter what i do

"MTP device driver" failed

when i plug in my nokia 5800 via usb cable, it's showing "mtp device driver" failed and in device manager, yellow marked.

and i'm unable to connect to internet using my nokia 5800 usb cable to laptop but when i connect it using bluetooth with my laptop, i have no such error and i can connect to internet withhut problems.

tohugh both via usb and bluetooth, i can connect to pc suite, but via usb, unable to connect to internet and that mtp device error.

any solution?

freebird_9924, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

MTP USB Device drivers won't install no matter what i do

1. MTP USB Device drivers won't install no matter what i do - Similar Threads - MTP USB Device

2. mtp usb device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mtp usb device: my mobile is not showing in this pc then i found a solution for this when i open device manager and update the driver of my phone it shows mtp usb device file specified is not found...
  3. mtp usb device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mtp usb device: my mobile is not showing in this pc then i found a solution for this when i open device manager and update the driver of my phone it shows mtp usb device file specified is not found...
  4. mtp usb device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. MTP USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MTP USB Device: when i Update Windows and try to connect my mobile to pc for transfer storage then i see my mobile is not detecting and after i go to device manager and then i see in portable devices their is MTP USB Device with yellow mark and after i try to update Driver and then it...
  6. MTP USB Device

MTP USB Device: when i Update Windows and try to connect my mobile to pc for transfer storage then i see my mobile is not detecting and after i go to device manager and then i see in portable devices their is MTP USB Device with yellow mark and after i try to update Driver and then it...
  7. MTP USB Device

MTP USB Device: I got a question; I've been having this issue with these new Dells Laptops computer. What's happening is when you plug in your cell phone to the laptop it will come up with a MTP USB device with an exclamation point error in the Device Manager. I have tried uninstalling and...
  8. MTP USB device driver failed to install on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    MTP USB device driver failed to install on Windows 10: [IMG]MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is a communication protocol that is used to transfer the media and other files between two portable devices or between a computer and a smartphone. To use this communication protocol, you need to install an MTP device driver on your...
  9. mtp usb driver

mtp usb driver: Hi . May someone help me thrue fixing usb drivers ? Im runnung on windows 10 pro / os build 10.0.18363.836 / ver 1909 I have tried all possible solutions and nothing get fixed..! All i need is to connect my android phone to my laptop thrue mtp ... Many thanks...
  10. USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing

USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing: I try the different methods mentioned in discussions. (Dont know how to add to that discussion) 1) doing update automatically and manually 2) use C:\window\inf 3) I try to do a clean boot and use the methods above. Same problem/message. None worked. MTP driver...