Windows 10: MTP USB device issue

Discus and support MTP USB device issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m trying to upload footage from my GoPro hero 8 but when I plug in the USB to the camera and pc with the camera on nothing happens, I go into my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mccutch001, Dec 9, 2019.

1. MTP USB device issue

I’m trying to upload footage from my GoPro hero 8 but when I plug in the USB to the camera and pc with the camera on nothing happens, I go into my device manager and it shows the GoPro but it shows it as an unknown device so I can’t even do anything with it and I can’t access the videos on there and there’s nowhere to insert a micro sd card anywhere on my pc so I can’t go that route, anyone know how to fix this?

submitted by /u/mccutch001
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mccutch001, Dec 9, 2019

2. MTP usb device not installed correctly

Hi Grace Elizabeth Schmidt,

I'm assuming that you have Windows 7 on your computer.

This is the easiest method to fix the MTP USB Device:

Fix MTP USB Device Driver Problem - Option 1

Fix MTP USB Device Driver Problem - Option 2

• Go to Device Manager, under Portable Devices, right-click on MTP USB Device, and then click on Update Driver Software to update the MTP USB device driver.
    • Select “Let me pick from a List of device drivers on your computer”. The list will show installed driver software compatible with the device.
    • Select the driver you want to install and then click “Next”. Reconnect your mobile phone to your computer.
    • If neither of the ways above can solve the MTP USB device driver problems, you'' probably need to look for the MTP USB driver on
      Nokia's Support Site.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Dec 9, 2019
  3. "MTP device driver" failed

when i plug in my nokia 5800 via usb cable, it's showing "mtp device driver" failed and in device manager, yellow marked.

and i'm unable to connect to internet using my nokia 5800 usb cable to laptop but when i connect it using bluetooth with my laptop, i have no such error and i can connect to internet withhut problems.

tohugh both via usb and bluetooth, i can connect to pc suite, but via usb, unable to connect to internet and that mtp device error.

any solution?

freebird_9924, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Cole_538 Win User

MTP USB device issue

USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing

I've been trying to connect my Lenovo K3 Note (Android 5.0.2) via USB (MTP). The drivers fail to install with windows update. The error shows as "Microsoft - Other hardware - MTP Device - Error 0x800f0217."

Things I've done to try and fix the issue (not in order):

• Installed Windows Media Feature Pack (KB3010081) and (KB3099229). As suggested on this Superuser.com thread.
    • Updated USB drivers
    • Enabled USB debugging mode on the device
    • Used the troubleshooter. Returned "Unknown device doesn't have a driver"
    • Reset the PC
    • Plugged into different USB ports

I've hit a brick wall. My phone has worked fine over USB before. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cole_538, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

MTP USB device issue

1. MTP USB device issue - Similar Threads - MTP USB device

2. mtp usb device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mtp usb device: my mobile is not showing in this pc then i found a solution for this when i open device manager and update the driver of my phone it shows mtp usb device file specified is not found...
  3. mtp usb device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mtp usb device: my mobile is not showing in this pc then i found a solution for this when i open device manager and update the driver of my phone it shows mtp usb device file specified is not found...
  4. mtp usb device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. MTP USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MTP USB Device: when i Update Windows and try to connect my mobile to pc for transfer storage then i see my mobile is not detecting and after i go to device manager and then i see in portable devices their is MTP USB Device with yellow mark and after i try to update Driver and then it...
  6. MTP USB Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MTP USB Device: when i Update Windows and try to connect my mobile to pc for transfer storage then i see my mobile is not detecting and after i go to device manager and then i see in portable devices their is MTP USB Device with yellow mark and after i try to update Driver and then it...
  7. MTP USB Device

8. MTP USB Device

MTP USB Device: I got a question; I've been having this issue with these new Dells Laptops computer. What's happening is when you plug in your cell phone to the laptop it will come up with a MTP USB device with an exclamation point error in the Device Manager. I have tried uninstalling and...
  9. MTP USB Device failure

MTP USB Device failure: While I'm trying to connect my Mobile phone to Laptop windows 10 Pro, the system is not detecting the connected device. In the device manager, it's showing " This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31...
  10. MTP USB Device Issues

MTP USB Device Issues: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for a second time in Feb. 2016; and then was forced to do a repair install in April 2016 after a Windows 10 Update crashed my system. I always test each device (printers, external hard drives, camera, MP3 player, Windows Phone, etc.)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone shows as mpt device