Windows 10: MTP USB driver not working correctly

Discus and support MTP USB driver not working correctly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 computer that will not complete the set up for the USB connection to my Motorola Moto G6 phone. I can see the phone listed in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Crwdad3, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Crwdad3 Win User

MTP USB driver not working correctly

I have a Windows 10 computer that will not complete the set up for the USB connection to my Motorola Moto G6 phone. I can see the phone listed in Device Manager, but under the Other devices section. When I try to update the driver, it says there is an issue with the driver. I have tried the phone on a different computer using W10. It works as expected.

The missing driver seems to be the MTP USB driver from Windows, not something specific to the Motorola phone. I have tried to find a repair for this driver at the Microsoft site, but have not been able to repair the issue.

I also found some indications on the MS Community about this issue. The suggestions from those threads did not resolve the issue either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Crwdad3, Dec 23, 2018
  2. Cole_538 Win User

USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing

I've been trying to connect my Lenovo K3 Note (Android 5.0.2) via USB (MTP). The drivers fail to install with windows update. The error shows as "Microsoft - Other hardware - MTP Device - Error 0x800f0217."

Things I've done to try and fix the issue (not in order):

• Installed Windows Media Feature Pack (KB3010081) and (KB3099229). As suggested on this Superuser.com thread.
    • Updated USB drivers
    • Enabled USB debugging mode on the device
    • Used the troubleshooter. Returned "Unknown device doesn't have a driver"
    • Reset the PC
    • Plugged into different USB ports

I've hit a brick wall. My phone has worked fine over USB before. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cole_538, Dec 23, 2018
  3. MTP usb device not installed correctly

Hi Grace Elizabeth Schmidt,

I'm assuming that you have Windows 7 on your computer.

This is the easiest method to fix the MTP USB Device:

Fix MTP USB Device Driver Problem - Option 1

Fix MTP USB Device Driver Problem - Option 2

• Go to Device Manager, under Portable Devices, right-click on MTP USB Device, and then click on Update Driver Software to update the MTP USB device driver.
    • Select “Let me pick from a List of device drivers on your computer”. The list will show installed driver software compatible with the device.
    • Select the driver you want to install and then click “Next”. Reconnect your mobile phone to your computer.
    • If neither of the ways above can solve the MTP USB device driver problems, you'' probably need to look for the MTP USB driver on
      Nokia's Support Site.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Dec 23, 2018
  4. MTP USB driver not working correctly

USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing

Android Phone was not listed but you can find the MTP USB Device option and it finally worked!!!!!!

RonaldFreedSR, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

MTP USB driver not working correctly

1. MTP USB driver not working correctly - Similar Threads - MTP USB driver

2. mtp usb device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mtp usb device: my mobile is not showing in this pc then i found a solution for this when i open device manager and update the driver of my phone it shows mtp usb device file specified is not found...
  3. mtp usb device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mtp usb device: my mobile is not showing in this pc then i found a solution for this when i open device manager and update the driver of my phone it shows mtp usb device file specified is not found...
  4. mtp usb device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. MTP USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MTP USB Device: when i Update Windows and try to connect my mobile to pc for transfer storage then i see my mobile is not detecting and after i go to device manager and then i see in portable devices their is MTP USB Device with yellow mark and after i try to update Driver and then it...
  6. MTP USB Device

MTP USB Device: I got a question; I've been having this issue with these new Dells Laptops computer. What's happening is when you plug in your cell phone to the laptop it will come up with a MTP USB device with an exclamation point error in the Device Manager. I have tried uninstalling and...
  7. My camera and MTP driver not working

My camera and MTP driver not working: When I reinstalled windows 10, the MTP driver and camera stopped working. When I enter the camera it says That it requires the media feature pack for N and KN versions" I have installed the feature but its still didn't work. I have tried to install the MTP driver but it...
  8. mtp usb driver

mtp usb driver: Hi . May someone help me thrue fixing usb drivers ? Im runnung on windows 10 pro / os build 10.0.18363.836 / ver 1909 I have tried all possible solutions and nothing get fixed..! All i need is to connect my android phone to my laptop thrue mtp ... Many thanks...
  9. MTP USB Driver cannot find file or install correctly

MTP USB Driver cannot find file or install correctly: I have seen several blogs and information on how to fix this issue but nothing is working for me. I have Windows 10 Pro N and trying to connect a Samsung Galaxy S9+. the system recognizes the phone when plugged into the computer and installs the drivers and states that the...
  10. USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing

USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing: I try the different methods mentioned in discussions. (Dont know how to add to that discussion) 1) doing update automatically and manually 2) use C:\window\inf 3) I try to do a clean boot and use the methods above. Same problem/message. None worked. MTP driver...