Windows 10: Muffled and distorted audio from two speakers when connected to PC?

Discus and support Muffled and distorted audio from two speakers when connected to PC? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just got a pair of adam audio T5V speakers, I purchased a pair of XLR to 3.5mm Aux cables so that I could connect them to my windows 10 PC, these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HenryThomas2, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Muffled and distorted audio from two speakers when connected to PC?

Hi, I just got a pair of adam audio T5V speakers, I purchased a pair of XLR to 3.5mm Aux cables so that I could connect them to my windows 10 PC, these are then put into a headphone splitter and plugged into my line-in port on the back of the PC, however when they are connected the sound is severely muffled/distorted like I am listening to them underwater and when I plug them into my macbook or phone with the same cables they work absolutely fine, I have deleted and reinstalled my drivers and tried them in the front headphone port with no luck, I thought that maybe the line in socket was faulty however when I plug my headphones into the same socket they work fine. I have tried them individually without the splitter but the same problem happens, I assume this must be a software issue as I don't have problems with other devices, is Realtek just not equipped to handle these speakers?

Hopefully someone has a better idea about what is wrong than I do, thanks.

:)

HenryThomas2, Apr 29, 2020
  2. sjaakhenk Win User

Windows 10 audio through aux causes speakers to sound muffled/distorted.

Hello, since a few days I've been having this problem: my speakers (good studio monitor adam a5x speakers) sound all muffled and distorted with some kind of weird reverb.. I have tried almost everything; installing new drivers/deleting old sound drivers
    on my computer, I checked if its the speakers by connecting my phone with the same aux cable and the sound is good as it used to be. Also i tried disabling the surround sound and almost everything within the properties tab of my speaker and just nothing works.
    Also for some reason my pc (dell xps 9550) doesnt detect the aux cable if its on and i put it in, if i restart it with the aux in it does detect it...

hope someone can help

kind regards, Philo

sjaakhenk, Apr 29, 2020
  3. audio distortion on Icon

My Icon has distorted audio when voice mails are played and phone is on speaker. Volume is 20/30. Any suggestions?

spectron---01, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Opie540 Win User

Muffled and distorted audio from two speakers when connected to PC?

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Muffled and distorted audio from two speakers when connected to PC?

1. Muffled and distorted audio from two speakers when connected to PC? - Similar Threads - Muffled distorted audio

2. Conexant ISST Audio Speakers "MUFFLED" on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conexant ISST Audio Speakers "MUFFLED" on HP laptop: My Conexant ISST Audio speakers on my HP laptop were working fine this morning, now suddenly, the sound out of my speakers sounds like the volume is locked on 1. I can 'barely' hear muffled sound. None of my adjustments in settings fix the problem. Drivers are updated. If I...
  3. Conexant ISST Audio Speakers "MUFFLED" on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Conexant ISST Audio Speakers "MUFFLED" on HP laptop: My Conexant ISST Audio speakers on my HP laptop were working fine this morning, now suddenly, the sound out of my speakers sounds like the volume is locked on 1. I can 'barely' hear muffled sound. None of my adjustments in settings fix the problem. Drivers are updated. If I...
  4. Conexant ISST Audio Speakers "MUFFLED" on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Spatial sound not working, balanced audio sounds muffled and distorted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spatial sound not working, balanced audio sounds muffled and distorted.: I'm trying to find a fix for my messed up audio. When playing games, direction-oriented sounds don't work as they should, and balancing my audio in my sound preferences doesn't help. Audio sounds normal when one output is dialled all the way up and the other isn't, but I...
  6. Distortion of speakers.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Distortion of speakers.: So I use a laptop and I usually listen to music through an external speaker or my headphones. I do sometimes use my laptop speakers, and they sound absolutely fine usually. But today when I was using my laptop, the sound was so distorted on the laptop speakers it was...
  7. Discord muffle pc audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Discord muffle pc audio: Hello guys, when i'm on a discord call, other media volume gets muffled like lowered down. HELP PLZZZZZ. I've already tried: - Updated all drivers - Discord attenuation to 0% - Communications tab to ''do nothing'' - Switching to the best studio quality - Disabled all...
  8. After update, audio is muffled/distorted/not working properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After update, audio is muffled/distorted/not working properly: Title. My PC decided to install today’s big update, and afterward my audio has been sounding muffled and distorted. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy Fx sound card and Astro A10s. I updated the drivers and restarted a couple times. Initially, all audio had reduced volume and...
  9. Windows 10 audio through aux causes speakers to sound muffled/distorted.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 audio through aux causes speakers to sound muffled/distorted.: Hello, since a few days I've been having this problem: my speakers (good studio monitor adam a5x speakers) sound all muffled and distorted with some kind of weird reverb.. I have tried almost everything; installing new drivers/deleting old sound drivers on my computer, I...
  10. Realtek audio driver causing distortion/speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek audio driver causing distortion/speaker: In my right speaker, I have a slight distortion when i hear high-pitched sounds. I checked on my headphones and I dont hear it. I updated my Realtek audio drivers a few times. It improved the first time. I still have a subtle issue and I'm not sure what to do. I switched...