Windows 10: Muffled/garbled sound

Discus and support Muffled/garbled sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer has been putting out garbled sounds for the past couple of months. I thought it was my speakers so I bought new ones. That didn't help. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by orod22, Jul 20, 2021.

1. orod22 Win User

Muffled/garbled sound

My computer has been putting out garbled sounds for the past couple of months. I thought it was my speakers so I bought new ones. That didn't help. I have a SoundBlaster audio card and I tried different Aux ports in it, which has helped a little, but not really. I just bought another Soundblaster audio card and nothing. I tried adjusting speaker settings in Windows, nothing. Does anyone have experience fixing this?

:)

orod22, Jul 20, 2021
  2. G.M.7 Win User

Muffled Sound

Hello,

When I open more than one app the sound becomes muffled; for example, I'm listening to music and it sounds normal, but if I open a videogame the sound becomes muffled.

The audio driver is Conexant SmartAudioHD

Also, my headphones don't appear in the sound devices.

Does anyone know any solution?

G.M.7, Jul 20, 2021
  3. G.M.7 Win User
    Muffled Sound

1.- It doesn't solve it.

2.- If I pause the music the sound in the game continues muffled.

3.- I've updated the audio driver through the device manager but it continues the same.

4.- Will do.

Also, I should add that if I turn up the song's volume it seems to not muffle the sound from both the videogame and the music as much, but it's still there.

G.M.7, Jul 20, 2021
  4. toscanini Win User

Muffled/garbled sound

Sound is muffled, is there a fix?

Same issue (muffled sounds, especially voice) after upgrade to Windows 10. Using Realtek High Definition Audio. Worked fine in Win 8.1 previously.

I got things working again by adjusting the Surround Sound / Stereo settings. For more detail, this is how I got it back to work with no new drivers.

1. Search for Sound (should be under settings)

2. Click Configure while selecting the Realtek Speakers

3. Click on Stereo and then Next through to the end.

4. Test the sound

If it's not working, there might be another option, suggested by other users on this forum:

1. In the Sound settings, click on Properties while selecting your Speakers

2. In the Enhancements tab, click Disable all sound effects

3. In the Advanced tab, unclick "Allow applications to take exclusive control..."

4. Apply the settings and test the sound.

A third option, suggested by other users, is to roll back to drivers for Windows Vista (see above):

They said: Realtek 10/1/2013, 6.0.1.7054 sound great on Windows 10.

toscanini, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Muffled/garbled sound

1. Muffled/garbled sound - Similar Threads - Muffled garbled sound

2. YouTube videos sounding muffled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YouTube videos sounding muffled.: Seriously. This started happening a few weeks ago and now it's only gotten worse. Every youtube video I play sounds like it's being played thru speakers that are 10 feet underwater. This same thing is happening on Edge and Firefox browsers. It's not happening on audio files...
  3. YouTube videos sounding muffled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YouTube videos sounding muffled.: Seriously. This started happening a few weeks ago and now it's only gotten worse. Every youtube video I play sounds like it's being played thru speakers that are 10 feet underwater. This same thing is happening on Edge and Firefox browsers. It's not happening on audio files...
  4. muffled sound on headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    muffled sound on headset: Since some days my headset sounds muffled. Mostly voices are muffled i can hear music just fine. If i don´t plug in the headset all the way, i can hear perfectly fine but then my mic doesn´t work. I have an other headset not as good where everything works perfectly fine. If...
  5. muffled sound on headset

muffled sound on headset: Since some days my headset sounds muffled. Mostly voices are muffled i can hear music just fine. If i don´t plug in the headset all the way, i can hear perfectly fine but then my mic doesn´t work. I have an other headset not as good where everything works perfectly fine. If...
  6. Sound muffled after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound muffled after update: I recently updated my laptop. After that, every time I use my headphones the sound is muffled and is not the same as before the update. Is there a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-muffled-after-update/be6f3cb3-b03d-40f9-9b9f-cb8294ccc2d4
  7. Sound muffled after update

Sound muffled after update: I recently updated my laptop. After that, every time I use my headphones the sound is muffled and is not the same as before the update. Is there a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-muffled-after-update/be6f3cb3-b03d-40f9-9b9f-cb8294ccc2d4
  8. Headphones sounding muffled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones sounding muffled: Whenever I use 2 apps at the same time which both use sound, the audio sounds muffled on either one of them or sometimes both of them. Is there any fix for this?...
  9. Headphones sounding muffled

Headphones sounding muffled: Whenever I use 2 apps at the same time which both use sound, the audio sounds muffled on either one of them or sometimes both of them. Is there any fix for this?...
  10. Muffled Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Muffled Sound: Hello, When I open more than one app the sound becomes muffled; for example, I'm listening to music and it sounds normal, but if I open a videogame the sound becomes muffled. The audio driver is Conexant SmartAudioHD Also, my headphones don't appear in the sound devices....