Windows 10: Muffled headphone audio

Discus and support Muffled headphone audio in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought a new set up and downloaded my games onto it. However, whenever i play games that requires microphone permissions, the game audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KHOO GERALD, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Muffled headphone audio

Hi, I just bought a new set up and downloaded my games onto it. However, whenever i play games that requires microphone permissions, the game audio becomes muffled and makes the game unplayable. I found out that disabling microphone permissions for the app makes the audio go back to normal but the few games requires me to use the voice chat sometimes so i can’t possibly turn it off. Anyone know why this happens and how to get rid of it? Help would be appreciated!!

:)

KHOO GERALD, Oct 14, 2022

2. Audio on Bluetooth Headphones is Muffled after recent Windows Update.

So a couple of days ago Windows 10 installed an update on my computer (ASUS TP500LA) and now the audio comes through very muffled on my Bluetooth headphones. This has upset me very much because I have tried the following: updating the drivers, unchecking
    the Audio Enhancements box, and I have also turned off Handsfree Telephony in the Control Panel. Can someone suggest something that I am possibly not doing?

Thanks.

CaliBruin22, Oct 14, 2022
  3. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 100s and through my headphones I can hear the audio but it is muffled.

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 100s and through my headphones I can hear the audio but it is muffled. How do I fix this issue? Thank you.

Original Title : Muffled sound

BriannaBarajas, Oct 14, 2022
  4. Muffled headphone audio

IDT High Definition Audio Codec MUFFLED SOUND with speakers/headphones, Windows 10

Method 1 results:

Repair suggested was increase the audio device volume because the audio device volume might be too low to hear, which is not the problem.

Method 2:

I do not think IDT provides drivers and was unable to find any on their website.

Is the sound muffled because the 2011 drivers are no longer compatible with Windows 10?

What about when there is no sound through speakers/headphones with the generic audio driver?

Thank you for your help and patience,

Philippe

Philippe229, Oct 14, 2022
Thema:

Muffled headphone audio

1. Muffled headphone audio - Similar Threads - Muffled headphone audio

2. Muffled headphone audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Muffled headphone audio: Hi, I just bought a new set up and downloaded my games onto it. However, whenever i play games that requires microphone permissions, the game audio becomes muffled and makes the game unplayable. I found out that disabling microphone permissions for the app makes the audio go...
  3. Headphones sounding muffled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones sounding muffled: Whenever I use 2 apps at the same time which both use sound, the audio sounds muffled on either one of them or sometimes both of them. Is there any fix for this?...
  4. Headphones sounding muffled

Headphones sounding muffled: Whenever I use 2 apps at the same time which both use sound, the audio sounds muffled on either one of them or sometimes both of them. Is there any fix for this?...
  5. Muffled audio input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Muffled audio input: I have a new acer nitro 5. I teach guitar online and yesterday on both Skype and zoom I had audio issues. Both myself and my student could hear each others voices just fine, but when we played guitar, that was barely audible, mostly cut out and what sound did come through was...
  6. Muffled audio input

Muffled audio input: I have a new acer nitro 5. I teach guitar online and yesterday on both Skype and zoom I had audio issues. Both myself and my student could hear each others voices just fine, but when we played guitar, that was barely audible, mostly cut out and what sound did come through was...
  7. Microphone is either muffled or is playing headphone audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is either muffled or is playing headphone audio.: Tried every fix I could find. No solutions. Looked at hundreds of sites. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-either-muffled-or-is-playing/9e31dc3b-189d-42c0-89af-a1dbafbc8669
  8. Headphone audio feels... distant? Muffled/echoey

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphone audio feels... distant? Muffled/echoey: I really don’t know how to explain it, but I know it isn’t a headphone problem because it works perfectly on my PS4. submitted by /u/TheSecondDirection [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtnkal/headphone_audio_feels_distant_muffledechoey/
  9. Headphones audio muffled after Windows 10 Reinstall

Headphones audio muffled after Windows 10 Reinstall: So I recently reinstalled my Windows 10 OS on my computer. A reinstall that got rid of all third-party apps and settings and kept my personal files to be more specific. I have a pair of Hyperx Cloud Alphas (through the Hyperx USB dongle) that sounded clear and crisp before...
  10. Muffled sound coming from headphones

Muffled sound coming from headphones: Hey guys, so i've had windows 10 since about a week after its release, and today I was just browsing on youtube, watching some videos, when all of a sudden the sound goes out, and I can't hear any sound from my computer with or without headphones. So I googled the problem and...