Windows 10: Muffled sound coming from headphones

Discus and support Muffled sound coming from headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, so i've had windows 10 since about a week after its release, and today I was just browsing on youtube, watching some videos, when all of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Composite, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Composite Win User

Muffled sound coming from headphones

Hey guys, so i've had windows 10 since about a week after its release, and today I was just browsing on youtube, watching some videos, when all of a sudden the sound goes out, and I can't hear any sound from my computer with or without headphones. So I googled the problem and what did what all the threads told me to do. I ended up reinstalling my audio driver. Now i'm left with the problem. When I try to listen to any sound its all muddy and muffled, but only on my headphones. If I disconnect them then the sound is fine, so it is only a problem with the headphone jack and I know its not my headphones because I tested it on another device and it works fine. Please help me fix this problem *Smile

:)

Composite, Sep 4, 2015

2. Windows 10 Audio

My sound seems muffled after installing Windows 10, more importantly, when I plug my headphones into the proper headphone jack, the sound still comes through the computer speakers. The only way I can get my headphones to work, is to open the 'sound menu'
    from the main toolbar and make them the 'Default Device',

then when I want the computer speakers I must make them default. I can't have both like normal.

Richard-Freeman, Sep 4, 2015
  3. mvr007 Win User
    5530 Headphones only work when pressing the button on the headphone lead please advise

Hi recently got the 5530 nokia express music when listening to the radio through the headphones the sound only fully comes through when holding the button on the headphones lead otherwise just silent muffled sound. I suppose this button would be for the
    microphone. Please could you advise if this is a settings problem or hardware problem.

mvr007, Sep 4, 2015
Thema:

Muffled sound coming from headphones

1. Muffled sound coming from headphones - Similar Threads - Muffled sound coming

2. Muffled headphone audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Muffled headphone audio: Hi, I just bought a new set up and downloaded my games onto it. However, whenever i play games that requires microphone permissions, the game audio becomes muffled and makes the game unplayable. I found out that disabling microphone permissions for the app makes the audio go...
  3. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  4. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  5. Headphones sounding muffled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones sounding muffled: Whenever I use 2 apps at the same time which both use sound, the audio sounds muffled on either one of them or sometimes both of them. Is there any fix for this?...
  6. Headphones sounding muffled

Headphones sounding muffled: Whenever I use 2 apps at the same time which both use sound, the audio sounds muffled on either one of them or sometimes both of them. Is there any fix for this?...
  7. Muffled Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Muffled Sound: Hello, When I open more than one app the sound becomes muffled; for example, I'm listening to music and it sounds normal, but if I open a videogame the sound becomes muffled. The audio driver is Conexant SmartAudioHD Also, my headphones don't appear in the sound devices....
  8. No sound coming from headphones and speakers

No sound coming from headphones and speakers: So I was playing some games with my friends on discord when I got up to eat dinner, and during that time my computer went to sleep. When I got back there was a message that popped up saying that a new input was detected and asked me to switch. I decided not to but then I...
  9. PLUGGED IN HEADPHONE BUT SOUND IS COMING FROM SPEAKERS

in Windows 10 Customization
    PLUGGED IN HEADPHONE BUT SOUND IS COMING FROM SPEAKERS: I am using an ASUS laptop and I am having Windows10. My problem is that when I am plugging my headphone the notification is coming that the device has been plugged in but when I am watching or listening to something the sound is coming from the speakers instead of the...
  10. Sound coming from both speakers + headphones

Sound coming from both speakers + headphones: Hello, I'm having an issue with my sound, when I have my headphones plugged in both my speakers and the headphones generate sound but I only want the headphones to generate sound. It is simple plug and play headphones. Would anyone know how I can block the sound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound coming out muffled from headphones