Windows 10: Muffled Sound

Discus and support Muffled Sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, When I open more than one app the sound becomes muffled; for example, I'm listening to music and it sounds normal, but if I open a videogame... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by G.M.7, Oct 3, 2020.

1. G.M.7 Win User

Muffled Sound

Hello,

When I open more than one app the sound becomes muffled; for example, I'm listening to music and it sounds normal, but if I open a videogame the sound becomes muffled.
    The audio driver is Conexant SmartAudioHD
    Also, my headphones don't appear in the sound devices.
    Does anyone know any solution?

:)

G.M.7, Oct 3, 2020
  2. toscanini Win User

Sound is muffled, is there a fix?

Same issue (muffled sounds, especially voice) after upgrade to Windows 10. Using Realtek High Definition Audio. Worked fine in Win 8.1 previously.

I got things working again by adjusting the Surround Sound / Stereo settings. For more detail, this is how I got it back to work with no new drivers.

1. Search for Sound (should be under settings)

2. Click Configure while selecting the Realtek Speakers

3. Click on Stereo and then Next through to the end.

4. Test the sound

If it's not working, there might be another option, suggested by other users on this forum:

1. In the Sound settings, click on Properties while selecting your Speakers

2. In the Enhancements tab, click Disable all sound effects

3. In the Advanced tab, unclick "Allow applications to take exclusive control..."

4. Apply the settings and test the sound.

A third option, suggested by other users, is to roll back to drivers for Windows Vista (see above):

They said: Realtek 10/1/2013, 6.0.1.7054 sound great on Windows 10.

toscanini, Oct 3, 2020
  3. KHalll5 Win User
    Sound is muffled, is there a fix?

Hello everyone,

I upgraded to windows 10 and all was great. I had no issues upgrading. But I did notice that the sound has become muffled and not the same as windows 8.1. the internal speakers work fine, but when I plug in a pair of headphones is when it becomes muffled.
    If I open up the playback devices, it never shows my headphones in the options. I have also troubleshooted the sound problems and it cant find anything. Someone please help, I cannot enjoy any music or movies now.

KHalll5, Oct 3, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Muffled Sound

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Muffled Sound :p

cadaveca, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Muffled Sound

1. Muffled Sound - Similar Threads - Muffled Sound

2. My mic in my laptop sounds like muffled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mic in my laptop sounds like muffled: I need help with my mic quality. I have acer aspire 3 a315-59 and my mic is maono. I tried to connect my mic to my laptop but the quality of my mic is not that clear as the mic is. I tried to download the Realktek high audio, the quality of my mic change to clear but...
  3. My mic in my laptop sounds like muffled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mic in my laptop sounds like muffled: I need help with my mic quality. I have acer aspire 3 a315-59 and my mic is maono. I tried to connect my mic to my laptop but the quality of my mic is not that clear as the mic is. I tried to download the Realktek high audio, the quality of my mic change to clear but...
  4. YouTube videos sounding muffled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YouTube videos sounding muffled.: Seriously. This started happening a few weeks ago and now it's only gotten worse. Every youtube video I play sounds like it's being played thru speakers that are 10 feet underwater. This same thing is happening on Edge and Firefox browsers. It's not happening on audio files...
  5. YouTube videos sounding muffled.

YouTube videos sounding muffled.: Seriously. This started happening a few weeks ago and now it's only gotten worse. Every youtube video I play sounds like it's being played thru speakers that are 10 feet underwater. This same thing is happening on Edge and Firefox browsers. It's not happening on audio files...
  6. Are new headsets supposed to sound muffled?

Are new headsets supposed to sound muffled?: All of the new headsets I buy wired or wireless all sound muffled and unclear compared to my old cheaper one. Please help! The audio is unbalanced and I don't know what to do....
  7. Are new headsets supposed to sound muffled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are new headsets supposed to sound muffled?: All of the new headsets I buy wired or wireless all sound muffled and unclear compared to my old cheaper one. Please help! The audio is unbalanced and I don't know what to do....
  8. Muffled sound on Windows 11 using sound over HDMI and Intel driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Muffled sound on Windows 11 using sound over HDMI and Intel driver: Hello. I have an Asus Zenbook UX450FDXI7-8565UIntel UHD Graphics 620 + Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Max-QI also have the screenpad that can be used. I use the following setup:Zenbook -> Hmdi cable to Marrantz Amplifier -> Hdmi cable to Asus Screen XG27VQ. I have noticed the...
  9. Muffled sound on Windows 11 using sound over HDMI and Intel driver

Muffled sound on Windows 11 using sound over HDMI and Intel driver: Hello. I have an Asus Zenbook UX450FDXI7-8565UIntel UHD Graphics 620 + Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Max-QI also have the screenpad that can be used. I use the following setup:Zenbook -> Hmdi cable to Marrantz Amplifier -> Hdmi cable to Asus Screen XG27VQ. I have noticed the...
  10. muffled sound on headset

muffled sound on headset: Since some days my headset sounds muffled. Mostly voices are muffled i can hear music just fine. If i don´t plug in the headset all the way, i can hear perfectly fine but then my mic doesn´t work. I have an other headset not as good where everything works perfectly fine. If...