Windows 10: Multi boot system question....adding Vista

Discus and support Multi boot system question....adding Vista in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Attached is a screen shot of my system hard drive set up. I'm using Easy BCD to boot to which ever OS as my mood strikes. I have some free space on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by warewasher2025, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Multi boot system question....adding Vista

Attached is a screen shot of my system hard drive set up. I'm using Easy BCD to boot to which ever OS as my mood strikes. I have some free space on drive X where I would like to install Vista ....for no other reason other that I can. Vista set up keeps giving an error message " cannot find or create proper partition to install Vista."
    What am I missing? I have managed to get all the other OS's installed including Linux.

:)

warewasher2025, Jul 23, 2017

2. Multi Boot question

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

You may also try manually running the software. Follow these steps:

Run As Administrator:

1. Connect the device to the computer (if it is not connected already)

2. Hold down the Window Key + E

-For Window 10, on the left side select This PC.

3. Right-click on CD Drive Clickfree (Clickfree_System), select Open

4. Right-click on Startclickfreebackup.exe OR Fibpguard.exe and select Run as administrator

For further assistance, contact the Clickfree Forums. Refer to the below link:

http://forums.clickfree.com/

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jul 23, 2017
  3. Multi Boot question

I have a new Asus with Windows 10 64 bit but I have a problem I backed up all my prior work on a Click Free C2 (model HD1037) hard drive, this works with Windows 7 and even with my old Dell Inspirion 1545 laptop which I upgraded to Windows 10. It will not
    work with the Asus and I want to download all the info to my Asus as I need it to work with. Can anyone help me as after reading the Multi Boot info Inoticed that you can only use this with the first operating program first e.g. Windows 7 then add Windows
    10 not the other way round. I have checked on the Click Free site AND IT CLEARLY SAYS that it is NOT compatible with Windows 10. What can I do to resolve this? Jenny

[Moved from Insider]

jenny13jenny13, Jul 23, 2017
  4. Dude Win User

Multi boot system question....adding Vista

Delete the partition, then it will be unallocated and the vista install should work

5. Thanks but that did not work. Same error message "Windows can not find a partition adequate for installation"

6. Dude Win User
    Try disconnecting the other drives, then run the install

7. The Drive could have bad sectors try a different one ?

solarstarshines, Jul 23, 2017
  8. Multi boot system question....adding Vista

How many stand alone drives and how many are actually partitioned ?
    You have many drives running and also what type of drive you installing the os on ?

Also if your trying to install it on a partitioned drive with a os on it I would think the MBR wouldn't allow it

solarstarshines, Jul 23, 2017
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    I suspect it wants to create it's own System Reserved Partition which it can't do on an MBR type disk that already has 3 primary partitions on it.

NavyLCDR, Jul 23, 2017
  10. My main Windows 10 is a stand alone M.2 drive
    Windows 7 & 8 and the partition where I would like to put Vista are on a 1 TB SSD
    Windows 10 Creator's Edition and a data partition are on a 120 GB SSD
    Linux is on another SSD with another data partition

11. NavyLCDR New Member
    MBR or GPT?

NavyLCDR, Jul 23, 2017
  12. Multi boot system question....adding Vista [​IMG]

By Mini Partition tool

13. Kari Win User

Should work simply by applying Vista image. Create and format partition in Disk Manager, when done enter the following command in an elevated command prompt to apply image:

dism /Apply-Image /ImageFile:Z:\Sources\install.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:W:\

• /Z:\Sources\install.wim = Path to Vista install.wim file
    • /ApplyDir:W:\ = Partition where Vista will be installed (image applied)
    Now just add W:\Windows to boot menu.

14. Kari Win User
    I've tested this today with various scenarios. Based on my tests, it works without issues on BIOS / MBR systems but if the computer is UEFI / GPT, Vista is not bootable even when image is applied to an additional MBR initialized disk.

Short: applying Vista image as told works on BIOS based machines with MBR formatted disks. It does not work on UEFI based machines.

15. Yes I have tried several scenarios since your reply last evening. Does not work for me. Maybe adding another drive and installing Vista with all other drives un plugged? Except I cannot easily disconnect the M.2 drive.
    Maybe just a pipe dream! LOL

Thema:

1. Multi boot system question....adding Vista - Similar Threads - Multi boot system

2. Windows Vista not booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Vista not booting: I got a free broken Windows Vista computer todayI turn it on and this happened it is a Dell Studio 1535 Intel Core 2 Duo Model PP33L https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-vista-not-booting/b412bb2f-f740-4352-a2cf-b58d9558d0d8
  3. Windows Vista not booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Vista not booting: I got a free broken Windows Vista computer todayI turn it on and this happened it is a Dell Studio 1535 Intel Core 2 Duo Model PP33L https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-vista-not-booting/b412bb2f-f740-4352-a2cf-b58d9558d0d8
  4. Multi Booting Windows Vista With current 4 Multi Boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi Booting Windows Vista With current 4 Multi Boots: So, I have 4 OS es multi booted already, namely Win11, Win10, Win8.1, Win7.I'm going to make it a 5 by adding windows vista to it. And I have noticed when Installing a new o perating system, the boot menu and the bootloader changes. I don't want it to change and it should be...
  5. Multi Booting Windows Vista With current 4 Multi Boots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi Booting Windows Vista With current 4 Multi Boots: So, I have 4 OS es multi booted already, namely Win11, Win10, Win8.1, Win7.I'm going to make it a 5 by adding windows vista to it. And I have noticed when Installing a new o perating system, the boot menu and the bootloader changes. I don't want it to change and it should be...
  6. Invisible Boot Manager on Multi OS system.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Invisible Boot Manager on Multi OS system.: i7-5820k, 3.3GHz Asus X-99A/USB 3.1 mobo 16gigs Ram AMD RX480 8gig Win 10/7 I am dual booting win 10 and 7. The install of 10 went smooth and I had the wonderful blue menu screen for some time. Attachment 164426 However, since the Creators update on 10 all I have...
  7. Multi Boot system Easy BCD issue

Multi Boot system Easy BCD issue: Ok so here's what has happened. I have a multi boot system. Windows 10 on my M2 hard drive. Then on another SSD I have Windows 10 Creators addition that I use to test updates . Then 1 more SSD that has Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. All were booting fine using Easy BCD until I...
  8. Error 0xc000000e - Multi-boot Win 10 SSD Win 8.1, 7 Vista

Error 0xc000000e - Multi-boot Win 10 SSD Win 8.1, 7 Vista: Hi, I have a multi boot system. My main new install is win 10 uefi/gpt Raid 0. I still have my previous installs of Win 10, 8.1, 7, Vista on 2 separate SSD's, in MBR I am using the Win 10 boot manager. Win 8.1 and vista boot fine. With the Win 10 (not raid 0 ver) I get the...
  9. [Question]Need help fixing Win10 / Vista dual boot

[Question]Need help fixing Win10 / Vista dual boot: I was running Win10 and partitioned off 25gb for Vista because I needed older OS to run some software. Anyhow, now I'm not sure how the hell I boot back to my main partition, because the Vista partition as taken seniority over the main partition. So, Win10 partition is now...
  10. multi-boot Windows 10 install questions

multi-boot Windows 10 install questions: Currently I have XP Pro 32-bit, XP X64, and Win 7 Pro 64 bit installed on my system. Each OS is installed on a separate hard drive. The system has 4 hard drives (and 5 partitions per drive) and I've setup the 4th hard drive with empty partitions in case I decide to buy and...