Windows 10: Multi-boot USB that doesnt require CSM on or Secure-boot off?

Discus and support Multi-boot USB that doesnt require CSM on or Secure-boot off? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I presume this doesnt exist - at least I havent found it in my digging. I dont want to enable CSM, or have to bother with disabling secureboot, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Feb 28, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Multi-boot USB that doesnt require CSM on or Secure-boot off?

I presume this doesnt exist - at least I havent found it in my digging. I dont want to enable CSM, or have to bother with disabling secureboot, even though it would admittedly make a few things easier.

I just ran into a situation where I dont have enough usb sticks for what I need. That and finding it a bit silly to use up an entire 64gb usb stick for a rescue environment amounting to megabytes, had me look into my options.

Initially i thought I could partition a drive, add drive letters to each partition, and call it a day. Apparently in a perfect world - just not this one.

So I then saw the multitude of multiboot offerings, winsetupfromusb, yumi, easy2boot.

Seems each and every one requires secureboot to be disabled, CSM to be enabled, or both.

Ideally id have a linux, mac, and windows installer all on the same flash. I can see where that becomes sketchy due to the mac filesystem. Its possible but a doozy iirc.

I'm willing to split my installers up on separate sticks, but i'd like to at least get my rescue environments on the same one. Macrium/WindowsRE/MinitoolPW. Perhaps add memtest.

is that possible given the constraints?

:)

klepp0906, Feb 28, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Usb boot

In your BIOS, disable Secure Boot, enable Legacy Boot, enable CSM if Required/available

Then if the option to enable USB Boot appears, enable it

Then your USB flash Drive should appear in the boot list

If it still does not, plug it into another USB port, preferable not beside the one it is currently plugged into and try again to see if it appears in the boot menu . . .

DaveM121, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Harry9001 Win User
    Gigabyte Mobo not booting from usb

The word 'csm' doesnt exist anywhere in my bios.
    As far as secure boot is concerned, its disable and there's no way i can select it. It is there but i cant select it.

My bios only has Legacy and UEFI options, wait If i select Win 8 as my OS then the Csm option appears and even i can change secure boot, but it disappers as soon as i select other Os instead of win 8.

Harry9001, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Multi-boot USB that doesnt require CSM on or Secure-boot off?

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Multi-boot USB that doesnt require CSM on or Secure-boot off?

1. Multi-boot USB that doesnt require CSM on or Secure-boot off? - Similar Threads - Multi boot USB

2. secure boot off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    secure boot off: ive been trying to turn on my secure boot in my pc. in my bios settings secure boot is already enabled but not in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-off/5c1ae4c0-5b21-48b8-9a57-70bc9d8f18ec
  3. secure boot off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    secure boot off: ive been trying to turn on my secure boot in my pc. in my bios settings secure boot is already enabled but not in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-off/5c1ae4c0-5b21-48b8-9a57-70bc9d8f18ec
  4. Cant disable csm support to enable secure boot.. help :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant disable csm support to enable secure boot.. help :: Whenever i go to bios and disable CSM for enabling secure boot it wont work.. It enables itself again whenever i save and exit.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-disable-csm-support-to-enable-secure-boot/3d524b60-864b-4e73-9fd9-1042b78eaf9a
  5. Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings: Hello, I have been trying to play Valorant, but every time I launch the game I get an error stating that TPM and secure boot need to be enabled. To start, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-52KW running windows 11 The UEFI/BIOS I have is Insydeh20 setup utility version 2.06 I...
  6. Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings

Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings: Hello, I have been trying to play Valorant, but every time I launch the game I get an error stating that TPM and secure boot need to be enabled. To start, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-52KW running windows 11 The UEFI/BIOS I have is Insydeh20 setup utility version 2.06 I...
  7. Disabling CSM and enabling secure boot makes my Boot drive disappear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling CSM and enabling secure boot makes my Boot drive disappear.: Windows 11 upgrade requires I enable secure boot on my PC, it's main use is as a home Plex Server, It has an Intel 8700k and I just use the integrated graphics UHD 630, I don't need a discreet gpu for this. I believe W11 supports this.In the BIOS gigabyte z370 motherboard the...
  8. Disabling CSM and enabling secure boot makes my Boot drive disappear.

Disabling CSM and enabling secure boot makes my Boot drive disappear.: Windows 11 upgrade requires I enable secure boot on my PC, it's main use is as a home Plex Server, It has an Intel 8700k and I just use the integrated graphics UHD 630, I don't need a discreet gpu for this. I believe W11 supports this.In the BIOS gigabyte z370 motherboard the...
  9. Disabling CSM and enabling secure boot makes my Boot drive disappear.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Turning off secure boot/fast boot required?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turning off secure boot/fast boot required?: As I get ready to do a clean install of 10074 I am curious about the need to disable secure boot and fast boot options. If I do disable secure boot do I need to enable legacy boot? I have had limited success with previous installs to a 2nd hard drive and the problems that...