Windows 10: multi channel sound not selectable in sound panel

Discus and support multi channel sound not selectable in sound panel in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; An audio/video receiver is connected to the PC via HDMI. Speakers options for 5.1 and 7.1 are greyed (not selectable), do you know how to make them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BlaiseHaguinet, Jan 28, 2019.

1. multi channel sound not selectable in sound panel

An audio/video receiver is connected to the PC via HDMI.

Speakers options for 5.1 and 7.1 are greyed (not selectable), do you know how to make them selectable otherwise only stereo format is decoded by the hometheater receiver?

:)

BlaiseHaguinet, Jan 28, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 28, 2019
  4. multi channel sound not selectable in sound panel

sound

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to hear the email notification sound.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Go to Control Panel Items

• Click on Sound.

• Click on Sounds Tab.

• Click on Desktop Mail Notification.

• Click TEST.

• Click OK.
    And check if you are able to hear the email notification sound.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

multi channel sound not selectable in sound panel

1. multi channel sound not selectable in sound panel - Similar Threads - multi channel sound

2. Help with the sounds panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with the sounds panel: when I try to change windows sound in the sounds panel > "Sounds" Tab there is no way i can change the sounds,It seems like the sound panel window is not fully open...
  3. Help with the sounds panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with the sounds panel: when I try to change windows sound in the sounds panel > "Sounds" Tab there is no way i can change the sounds,It seems like the sound panel window is not fully open...
  4. Help with the sounds panel

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Sound Panel Popup

Sound Panel Popup: That panel is popping up out of nowhere and cannot be dismissed. Any ideas? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-panel-popup/868041dd-6a5e-4dbf-baa0-3f6cdfa7bd12
  6. Sound Control Panel

Sound Control Panel: Ever since the new windows updates, Sound Control Panel , also known in the bottom right (from sounds - speaker) as Playback Devices / Recording Devices, this tab has been taken out and we were given some option not many care about (even if they do, a lot of people never...
  7. Control Panel Sounds

Control Panel Sounds: Device Disconnect makes a sound while computer is in sleep mode. How do I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-sounds/4c65c3d3-48e9-43c9-8531-bb29344b98a1
  8. Sound channels on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound channels on windows 10: I would like to know if i can send out different program sounds on different channels. For example i want to connect my pc to a mixer then i can change the volume of each program on my mixer but to do that i need to output every progtam on different channel so i can plug them...
  9. Sound Control Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Control Panel: Hi.Running a Windows 10 computer.Running headless using Remote Desktop.Only use the computer as a music server.Have a dac connected to computer.In sound panel under playback it's only option is Remote Audio.Dac and other options are not there.Right click to show disabled and...
  10. No sound, No Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound, No Control Panel: Installed Win10 and have the following problems. 1) I have no sound; Sound icon on task bars says "No audio Output Device Installed." When I run troubleshooter, it says Troubleshooting couldn't detect the problem. 2) Control Panel: When I click on control panel it...