Windows 10: Multi Core processor not using all cores

Discus and support Multi Core processor not using all cores in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an Intel i7 8700 12 core processor and many of the cores don't appear to being used. there are times when the computer is slow to respond to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kashegan, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Kashegan Win User

Multi Core processor not using all cores

I have an Intel i7 8700 12 core processor and many of the cores don't appear to being used. there are times when the computer is slow to respond to changes (starting applications, change web pages etc.) Is there a way to utilise all the cores to speed thing up, or is the reference to 12 cores a bit misleading in terms of computing power?

Windows 10, Ver. 1909. Build 18363. 1139

:)

Kashegan, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Cybot Win User

Windows 10 not utilizing processor cores properly

thanks for the response. I see that now. don't know If I mentioned this, but I tried turning off the multi-core processing in bios briefly, and while it was off, the CPU was reaching the full 2.8 Ghz. but obviously things were a bit slower and the load
    on the CPU was higher as it had more work to do with fewer processor cores to work with.

Cybot, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Processor core on 100% all the time

Hello!

In my Asus X550jx laptop the processor core 0 always on 100%, and the other cores on 10-20%.

System: Windows 10 Pro

Processor: i7 4720 hq , 4 core, 8 logical processors

System reinstall✔

HDD format ✔

SSD format ✔

cleaning ✔

new paste ✔

Any idea for a solution?

feleanor96, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Multi Core processor not using all cores

BSOD 124 uncorrectable error disappeared after disabling multi core processing in the BIOS

BSOD 124 uncorrectable error disappeared after disabling multi core processing in the BIOS.

The processor (i7-6700) is running on one core now with no issues.

Is that means the processor is tossed or I need a new PSU, or I can find a software fix.

Thanks in advance.

StingRayish, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Multi Core processor not using all cores

1. Multi Core processor not using all cores - Similar Threads - Multi Core processor

2. Problem with the processor core load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with the processor core load: I have tried many different solutions on the Internet that could fix this problem, but in general, I don't even understand why this is happening. In the task manager, the Interrupts process loads the system, I think it's because of the acpi.sys driver, here are the delays it...
  3. Problem with the processor core load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with the processor core load: I have tried many different solutions on the Internet that could fix this problem, but in general, I don't even understand why this is happening. In the task manager, the Interrupts process loads the system, I think it's because of the acpi.sys driver, here are the delays it...
  4. Problem with the processor core load

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My Processor is 4 Cores but I can't use 4 Cores, I am only able to use 1 Core

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Processor is 4 Cores but I can't use 4 Cores, I am only able to use 1 Core: Here you can see in the task manager, it shows cores: 1, but in device manager there are 4 cores. I went to System Configuration and turned on all 4 cores and played Minecraft smoothly, but recently Minecraft started lagging. So I went to the task manager and saw this and...
  6. Processors/Cores

Processors/Cores: Hey, On my windows 10 Pc, i went on task manager and saw that i have 2 cores but 4 logical processors. Is there room to enable all 4 cores, are 2 cores deactivated?? How do I utilize all cores to 100% performance?...
  7. A multi-threaded softwarePFC3D-to do simulation not using all the available cores

A multi-threaded softwarePFC3D-to do simulation not using all the available cores: Hi all, I'm using a multi-threaded softwarePFC3D developped by Itasca consulting to do some simulations.After moving to a powerful computer Intel Xeon Gold 5120T CPU 2.2GHZ 2.19 GHZ 2 Processors28 physical cores, 56 logical coresWindows10 to have rapid calculations, the...
  8. Windows on Multi CPU 4X XEON -not multi CORES !!!

Windows on Multi CPU 4X XEON -not multi CORES !!!: Hi folks I managed to rescue from "The Tip" a battered old server containing a 4 processor board -- Windows 10 - even Enterprise version only supports 2 physical processors as max AFAIK Mobo is X9QR7-TF-JBOD CPU : 4 X XEON E5-4600 Have to populate my own DDR (Memory and...
  9. Processor core on 100% all the time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Processor core on 100% all the time: Hello! In my Asus X550jx laptop the processor core 0 always on 100%, and the other cores on 10-20%. System: Windows 10 Pro Processor: i7 4720 hq , 4 core, 8 logical processors System reinstall✔ HDD format ✔ SSD format ✔ cleaning ✔ new paste ✔ Any idea for a...
  10. ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor

ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor: I don't know a lot about computer hardware or software problems. I run a Dell Inspiron 20 All In One PC. Model 3045. It is a 4 core computer. In the bios and Device Mgr. only shows operating on one core. There is only one item entry. AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon TM) HD...