Windows 10: Multi display options atypical need.

Discus and support Multi display options atypical need. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I wasn’t quite sure where to put this question so I put it here. Feel free to move it to somewhere more appropriate. Here’s the situation, I have an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tackett1980, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Multi display options atypical need.

I wasn’t quite sure where to put this question so I put it here. Feel free to move it to somewhere more appropriate.

Here’s the situation, I have an arcade cabinet I made which is running out of win10 via big box/launchbox. This is all displaying on two montors through a gt1030. The main display monitor is a 4:3 1600x1200 monitor the input of which is handled with a dvi to hdmi adapter coming from the hdmi port of the graphics card to the adapter on the monitor. The second monitor is a dynamic marquee LED bar 14” long. This screen takes the game marquee of whatever game you load and displays it until you back out of the game.

That’s all the outputs I have on the graphics card.

What I want to do is the following: I would like an HDMI output to run to my a/v receiver and mirror the output of monitor 1 (the main monitor) at a wholly different resolution. This will be outputting through a projector at 1080p.

Now, I have this working but the way I’m doing it doesn’t really turn my crank that much because of all the steps involved in doing it.

I have monitor 1 output going into a hdmi splitter which in turn is going to the main 4:3 display monitor and a flush mounted hdmi port on the back of the cabinet.

I can then run a redemere cable to the AV receiver and use a wireless keyboard/mouse to run the games. So, mild success but this creates a number of issues.

1: when I do this and I want to display 1080p from the projector I have to set up a custom display resolution which is about 10 mouse clicks deep and requires me backing out of big box back into windows and basically makes the display worthless on the 4:3 until I change the settings back.

I would like to do this completely through big box without having to back out into windows. Also I would like to just keep the cable plugged in the entire time to the AVR and when I want to turn display on the Home theater I can just flip the input on the AV receiver and be done with it. This setup makes this impossible because I can only have one screen at a time displaying their own respective resolutions. I can do it but it’s not convenient at all.

2: sound. For some reason I can only get the sound to work from the hdmi graphics card out if I unplug the cables coming from the OB sound card which I’m using for the arcade cabinet. It will not let me use both the hdmi out on the graphics card and the OBA at the same time. Is there any way these can output simultaneously?

3: peripherals.
    Basically I’m trying to play Homeworld remastered on my home theater so I can do this in glorious 4k and surround sound instead of that dinky ass 4:3 screen without disturbing the arcade Machine too much. Does anyone know of a all in one peripheral or some other method to use a mouse and keyboard on my couch to play this? I have a couple of wireless boards with touch pads but for some reason Homeworld does not want to listen to the right click + drag or both buttons together+drag inputs from any of my wireless peripherals. Is there a peripheral that offers basically full mouse/keyboard control in a compact package that will work for this game?

So there you go, I just want to click the game on big box in my arcade machine, switch the input on my AVR and sit down and play Homeworld remastered. Then when I’m done, exit out, turn everything off and go to bed knowing that the arcade display settings haven’t changed any.

Thank you!

:)

Tackett1980, Mar 27, 2020

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Multi display options atypical need.

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Multi display options atypical need.

1. Multi display options atypical need. - Similar Threads - Multi display options

2. Multi Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi Display: How can i make screens 1 + 2 extended but have screen 3 mirror screen 1?Screen three is in another room. I want it to be able to display my main desktop so i can see notifications.The other two screens should function as side-by-side screens....
  3. Multi Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi Display: How can i make screens 1 + 2 extended but have screen 3 mirror screen 1?Screen three is in another room. I want it to be able to display my main desktop so i can see notifications.The other two screens should function as side-by-side screens....
  4. Multi Display

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Multi-display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi-display: So this is very embarassing to me, I've tried multiple possibilities to be able to work on 2 monitors which are the same, 2 Optix G24C from msi. Here's the thing, it simply doesn't get detected. while connected properly together. Monitor 1 is connected to computer and works...
  6. Multi-display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi-display: So this is very embarassing to me, I've tried multiple possibilities to be able to work on 2 monitors which are the same, 2 Optix G24C from msi. Here's the thing, it simply doesn't get detected. while connected properly together. Monitor 1 is connected to computer and works...
  7. Atypical devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Atypical devices: There is a set of WiFi enabled devices somewhere in the house, but I cannot find out how to access/disable them. I last saw their presence on the device finder utility of whatsmyip.net/org. I need these devices disabled, they were listed as "BLK-###########" I think they may...
  8. multi displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    multi displays: I have a graphics card that will take 3 monitos, with the latest drivers installed. Has 2 HDMI 1 Display Port. Main monitor is in display port, 1 other monitor is of course in the HDMI port.. The problem is when I connect the 3rd monitor to the other HDMI port Win 10 goes...
  9. Multi display options atypical need.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multi display options atypical need.: I wasn’t quite sure where to put this question so I put it here. Feel free to move it to somewhere more appropriate. Here’s the situation, I have an arcade cabinet I made which is running out of win10 via big box/launchbox. This is all displaying on two montors through a...
  10. Multi-displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-displays: How can I keep my computer monitor displaying computer matters, while having the HDMI monitor feed showing other programming like movies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multi-displays/0d1a2b0d-3fee-4d06-bd7c-83194f232c1e