Windows 10: Multi-GPU, unable to set specific GPU for applications?

Discus and support Multi-GPU, unable to set specific GPU for applications? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have both an Nvidia RTX 3080 and an RTX 2070 in my system. When I go to "Graphics Settings" and I attempt to select applications, it only shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CerisCinderwolf, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Multi-GPU, unable to set specific GPU for applications?

I have both an Nvidia RTX 3080 and an RTX 2070 in my system. When I go to "Graphics Settings" and I attempt to select applications, it only shows the 3080 for both "power saving" and "high performance."
    How am I supposed to be able to specify which GPU is going to be used for things? I would greatly prefer my 2070 be used for games as the 3080 is used for rendering and heavy lifting.

It's a shame that there's not a simple "primary OS GPU" option in Windows. Having to specify for every bloody application seems far more complicated than it should ever be...

submitted by /u/CerisCinderwolf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CerisCinderwolf, Mar 6, 2021

2. having issues with multi GPU

I’m trying to offload certain apps to my iGPU on the second screen, using the new graphics settings in the recent win 10 release. the issue is it’s only showing my 1070. lists it as both power saving GPU, and
    high performance GPU.

I’ve been fiddling for a while now with no joy, and i’m really hoping one of you guys has an idea they can suggest to sort this!

I can extend onto the second screen no probs with it plugged into the iGPU, but the 1070 is still listed as both power saving GPU and high performance GPU.

Are there requirements for this? certain level of iGPU for it to work?

Thanks

Edit - setting the secondary screen connected to the iGPU to be the "main" display in graphics settings makes my iGPU show as both power saving and high performance GPU, I just can't seem to get them
    to be one and not the other.

GaryDougall, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Select GPU to use by specific applications

have 2 GFX cards installed: GeForce GTX 1060 and Radeon HD 7850. Both are working fine as I plugged in different monitors to different cards to be sure about it.

I want to force some applications to use Radeon HD 7850 instead of GeForce GTX 1060, but I can't find a way to do it. I've found that in Windows 10 you can switch GPU for applications in Graphics Settings between Power Saving and High Performance, but both
    options are using GeForce GTX 1060 for me.

Is there other way to select GPU for specific applications, or an option to change Power Saving GPU?

angelleonardo4, Mar 6, 2021
  4. keyvis Win User

Multi-GPU, unable to set specific GPU for applications?

Select GPU to use by specific applications

I have 2 GFX cards installed: GeForce GTX 1060 and Radeon HD 6670. Both are working fine as I plugged in different monitors to different cards to be sure about it.

I want to force some applications to use Radeon HD 6670 instead of GeForce GTX 1060, but I can't find a way to do it. I've found that in Windows 10 you can switch GPU for applications in Graphics Settings between Power Saving and High Performance, but both
    options are using GeForce GTX 1060 for me.

Is there other way to select GPU for specific applications, or an option to change Power Saving GPU?

keyvis, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Multi-GPU, unable to set specific GPU for applications?

1. Multi-GPU, unable to set specific GPU for applications? - Similar Threads - Multi GPU unable

2. Windows choose to run an application using the wrong GPU. How to force a specific GPU to use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows choose to run an application using the wrong GPU. How to force a specific GPU to use: Hi, I have a pc with 3 GPUs, one Nvidia, and 2 AMD.The monitor is connected to the Nvidia and it is on PCIe. the other 2 AMD are on risers. When I run games windows always chose to run them using one of the AMD thus the resolution is wrong and the game will crash and not...
  3. Windows choose to run an application using the wrong GPU. How to force a specific GPU to use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows choose to run an application using the wrong GPU. How to force a specific GPU to use: Hi, I have a pc with 3 GPUs, one Nvidia, and 2 AMD.The monitor is connected to the Nvidia and it is on PCIe. the other 2 AMD are on risers. When I run games windows always chose to run them using one of the AMD thus the resolution is wrong and the game will crash and not...
  4. Windows choose to run an application using the wrong GPU. How to force a specific GPU to use

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Applications running on this GPU.

Applications running on this GPU.: I have a Lenovo laptop containing Intel i3 [Intel HD Graphics 4000] and also a graphics card [inside the laptop] Nvidia Geforce GT 720M with upto 6GB of RAM.I noticed that there are apps running on this GPU [textinputhost.exe , searchapp.exe , startmenuexperiencehost.exe]...
  6. Unable to Assign my 2nd GPU to Applications

Unable to Assign my 2nd GPU to Applications: I used to use the NVIDIA Control Panel to assign Applications to either GPU0 or GPU1 but that seems to have stopped working. I soon discovered the "Graphics Performance Preference" section and noticed that it listed both my GPU0 RTX 2080 Ti as both the Power Saving and High...
  7. Forcing a application to run on a specific gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Forcing a application to run on a specific gpu: I've posted this elsewhere but there's no harm in putting here as well So i got two gpus in my setup. One is a 2g nvida gt610 and the other is a 4g nvida gt730. Most stuff launches on the 610 but i want some stuff to run on the 730. The 730 sometimes has issues so i don't...
  8. Applications Running On This GPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications Running On This GPU: Hi, guys. For a very long time I've noticed something strange. I have a gaming laptop with an i7-7700HQ and GTX 1060 mobile GPU. However, whenever I boot up my computer, many Windows 10 stock applications will start loading on the NVIDIA GPU. When I click on the NVIDIA GPU...
  9. Select GPU to use by specific applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Select GPU to use by specific applications: have 2 GFX cards installed: GeForce GTX 1060 and Radeon HD 7850. Both are working fine as I plugged in different monitors to different cards to be sure about it. I want to force some applications to use Radeon HD 7850 instead of GeForce GTX 1060, but I can't find a way to do...
  10. having issues with multi GPU

in Windows 10 Customization
    having issues with multi GPU: I’m trying to offload certain apps to my iGPU on the second screen, using the new graphics settings in the recent win 10 release. the issue is it’s only showing my 1070. lists it as both power saving GPU, and high performance GPU. I’ve been fiddling for a while now with no...