Windows 10: Multi-language WIM - even possible?

Discus and support Multi-language WIM - even possible? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ive been hoping to cook a single Windows 10 image for our company that would offer stock Windows 10 Enterprise x64 for multiple languages -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by toffendask, May 4, 2021 at 5:47 AM.

1. Multi-language WIM - even possible?

Ive been hoping to cook a single Windows 10 image for our company that would offer stock Windows 10 Enterprise x64 for multiple languages - painstakingly assembling a mega-WIM from Microsoft VL media using Export-WindowsImage. Turns out this was easier said than done - selecting any other WIM index than the (base) en-us image will cause setup to error out with a nasty Windows could not set the offline locale information at the very end. Nothing of relevance to be found in the setup log files or on Google. Has anyone successfully built such a beast or would be willing to have a go? Even just combining English and Italian leads to the same error (when trying to install the Italian version).

:)

2. Berton Win User

Multi-language WIM - even possible?

Using the MCT/Media Creation Tool to access the download page then to the Language choices gives a list of languages but not a multi-language version.

Multi-language WIM - even possible? [​IMG]

3. Multi-language WIM - even possible?

Exactly - that is why I would like to create my own.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah - thanks for the pointer. Will dig into the docs for that (and winntsetup, that one is new to me).

4. Multi-language WIM - even possible?

I’ve been hoping to cook a single Windows 10 image for our company that would offer stock Windows 10 Enterprise x64 for multiple languages - painstakingly assembling a mega-WIM from Microsoft VL media using Export-WindowsImage.

Turns out this was easier said than done - selecting any other WIM index than the (base) en-us image will cause setup to error out with a nasty «Windows could not set the offline locale information» at the very end. Nothing of relevance to be found in the setup log files or on Google.

Has anyone successfully built such a beast or would be willing to have a go? Even just combining English and Italian leads to the same error (when trying to install the Italian version).

Thema:

1. Multi-language WIM - even possible? - Similar Threads - Multi language WIM

2. Windows 10 20H2 WIM - install Language Pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 WIM - install Language Pack: Hi all, I cannot find the language pack file for updating my Windows 10 20H2 WIM. These ISOs are my only options. [ATTACH] I downloaded these both; copied out the en-gb\lp.cab Mounted the WIM in DISM in CMD and in PowerShell - tried both Ran the command to install the...
  3. Is it possible to create a language pack?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to create a language pack?: I know it sounds stupid, but I would like to write in Minecraft Enchanting Table (Standard Galactic Alphabet) or even my custom language, but without using a custom font (like with Japanese, Arabic, Greek or Chinese). Is it possible? submitted by /u/ThatOneAlphaPigeon...
  4. Speech recognition Multi language

in Cortana
    Speech recognition Multi language: I have trained the United States speech recognition on windows 10 for my third party software "Voice Attack". I am able to choose the speech engine recognition in the software. Question: I am normally using the German language as primary language. If i change the setting...
  5. Multi-Language use of 1 family OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-Language use of 1 family OneDrive: Hi, My son prefers to work in a right-to-left Hebrew environment and keeps switching the language to Hebrew on HIS computer, which apparently has an affect on MY computer, which I prefer to use in an English-language, left-to-right environment. How do I prevent his language...
  6. Is it possible to change the icon of a language in the language bar?

Is it possible to change the icon of a language in the language bar?: I have several languages installed on my computer and their icons all follow the pattern of being white text on a transparent background. However, after installing Korean, I noticed its icon is black text on a white background. Is there any way to change this? It's annoying...
  7. hyper-V possible with multi screens ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hyper-V possible with multi screens ?: I tried to install hyper-V several times without succes , and big problems afterwards . Always screen of death . Now I have a new PC and would like to try again. But it seems that there was a problem with more than one screen , is that problem solved ?...
  8. Issue about Default language on multi-language workgroups & foreign countries that use the...

Issue about Default language on multi-language workgroups & foreign countries that use the...: previous versions of windows let you choose the default keyboard layout that you use for all the apps, but in the new versions it is related to your default display language, so for example if you want to use your windows in Hebrew (my case) but you use most of your apps in...
  9. Changing Language Not possible

Changing Language Not possible: Hi, I received an update to my Windows 10 Home sometime ago and at the time I was using German input language as well as English. After the update my display language automatically changed to German and it's not possible to change it back to English. I go to languages in...
  10. Activate single language edition with multi language key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate single language edition with multi language key?: I downloaded the Win10 Home single language ISO for a clean install on a new build PC and skipped the activation step during install. Now I need to activate. If I purchase a copy of Windows 10 Home in store or digitally, will I be able to use the product key in my current...