Windows 10: Multi-language WIM - even possible?

Discus and support Multi-language WIM - even possible? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ive been hoping to cook a single Windows 10 image for our company that would offer stock Windows 10 Enterprise x64 for multiple languages -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by toffendask, May 4, 2021.

1. Multi-language WIM - even possible?

Ive been hoping to cook a single Windows 10 image for our company that would offer stock Windows 10 Enterprise x64 for multiple languages - painstakingly assembling a mega-WIM from Microsoft VL media using Export-WindowsImage. Turns out this was easier said than done - selecting any other WIM index than the (base) en-us image will cause setup to error out with a nasty Windows could not set the offline locale information at the very end. Nothing of relevance to be found in the setup log files or on Google. Has anyone successfully built such a beast or would be willing to have a go? Even just combining English and Italian leads to the same error (when trying to install the Italian version).

:)

toffendask, May 4, 2021
  2. Berton Win User

Multi-language WIM - even possible?

Using the MCT/Media Creation Tool to access the download page then to the Language choices gives a list of languages but not a multi-language version.

Multi-language WIM - even possible? [​IMG]

Berton, May 5, 2021
  3. Multi-language WIM - even possible?

Exactly - that is why I would like to create my own.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah - thanks for the pointer. Will dig into the docs for that (and winntsetup, that one is new to me).

toffendask, May 5, 2021
  4. Multi-language WIM - even possible?

I’ve been hoping to cook a single Windows 10 image for our company that would offer stock Windows 10 Enterprise x64 for multiple languages - painstakingly assembling a mega-WIM from Microsoft VL media using Export-WindowsImage.

Turns out this was easier said than done - selecting any other WIM index than the (base) en-us image will cause setup to error out with a nasty «Windows could not set the offline locale information» at the very end. Nothing of relevance to be found in the setup log files or on Google.

Has anyone successfully built such a beast or would be willing to have a go? Even just combining English and Italian leads to the same error (when trying to install the Italian version).

toffendask, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Multi-language WIM - even possible? - Similar Threads - Multi language WIM

2. Is this taskbar even possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this taskbar even possible?: So basically I have 2 monitors and on the main taskbar I have my Icons in the center, but on my other monitor I cannot make my Icons in the center.The monitors ARE extended and I use "Links" to make them in the center. But I cannot find the "Links" on the second monitor.What...
  3. How Is This Even Possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Is This Even Possible?: How rich does a company have to be? to be able to release an OS like Windows 11, and then "update" the task manager to a steaming pile of trash? That is my question. I upgraded all 3 of my PCs, and now I have 3 PCs with a task manager that freezes and crashes all the time....
  4. How Is This Even Possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Is This Even Possible?: How rich does a company have to be? to be able to release an OS like Windows 11, and then "update" the task manager to a steaming pile of trash? That is my question. I upgraded all 3 of my PCs, and now I have 3 PCs with a task manager that freezes and crashes all the time....
  5. Possible incomplete download of .wim

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible incomplete download of .wim: The notebook is being reinstalled by pxe via network. The .wim file was downloaded to about 90% stage. Then the computer seemed to powered off possibly because the ac power was not connected Can Microsoft please improve by issuing a warning that ac power must be plugged in?...
  6. Windows 10 20H2 WIM - install Language Pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 WIM - install Language Pack: Hi all, I cannot find the language pack file for updating my Windows 10 20H2 WIM. These ISOs are my only options. [ATTACH] I downloaded these both; copied out the en-gb\lp.cab Mounted the WIM in DISM in CMD and in PowerShell - tried both Ran the command to install the...
  7. Speech recognition Multi language

in Cortana
    Speech recognition Multi language: I have trained the United States speech recognition on windows 10 for my third party software "Voice Attack". I am able to choose the speech engine recognition in the software. Question: I am normally using the German language as primary language. If i change the setting...
  8. hyper-V possible with multi screens ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hyper-V possible with multi screens ?: I tried to install hyper-V several times without succes , and big problems afterwards . Always screen of death . Now I have a new PC and would like to try again. But it seems that there was a problem with more than one screen , is that problem solved ?...
  9. Changing Language Not possible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Language Not possible: Hi, I received an update to my Windows 10 Home sometime ago and at the time I was using German input language as well as English. After the update my display language automatically changed to German and it's not possible to change it back to English. I go to languages in...
  10. Activate single language edition with multi language key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate single language edition with multi language key?: I downloaded the Win10 Home single language ISO for a clean install on a new build PC and skipped the activation step during install. Now I need to activate. If I purchase a copy of Windows 10 Home in store or digitally, will I be able to use the product key in my current...