Windows 10: Multi monitor annoyances - Second monitor windows resize all over place after res change or...

Discus and support Multi monitor annoyances - Second monitor windows resize all over place after res change or... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My first screen uses 3840x2160 and second (and third when connected) use 1920x1080. I have had this annoyance for a long time and wanted to ask about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DARKKi, Jan 3, 2020.

1. /u/DARKKi Win User

Multi monitor annoyances - Second monitor windows resize all over place after res change or...

My first screen uses 3840x2160 and second (and third when connected) use 1920x1080.

I have had this annoyance for a long time and wanted to ask about it as i got one more after i got AVR and HDMI goes trough that.

First problem is that when i play some games in lower than native resolution (if it does not support windowed borderless or using render scaling) and change resolution to 1920x1080 for first monitor for example all the things on secondary monitor go stir crazy and move, disappear, etc. How could i force them to stay where they are? :]

Second thing now after i use ARC or shutdown AVR my secondary monitor becomes primary since signal is lost and every damn window is now there. Could i force windows to "keep" the first monitor there?

submitted by /u/DARKKi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DARKKi, Jan 3, 2020

2. Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Multi monitor annoyances - Second monitor windows resize all over place after res change or...

Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Multi monitor annoyances - Second monitor windows resize all over place after res change or...

1. Multi monitor annoyances - Second monitor windows resize all over place after res change or... - Similar Threads - Multi monitor annoyances

2. Multi Monitor Setup: gather all windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi Monitor Setup: gather all windows: Hi, I have severe, really severe problems working with Windows 11.The issue I have is this: My usual setup consists of two monitors, one "Main" monitor the laptop and an another monitor, which is connected to multiple devices.Even though my laptop monitor is my "main"...
  3. Multi Monitor Setup: gather all windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi Monitor Setup: gather all windows: Hi, I have severe, really severe problems working with Windows 11.The issue I have is this: My usual setup consists of two monitors, one "Main" monitor the laptop and an another monitor, which is connected to multiple devices.Even though my laptop monitor is my "main"...
  4. Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor: I have two monitors set up. One is a 1K monitor and the other 4K. Even though my 4K one is set as the default monitor and plugged into the first port on my graphics card the computer uses to 1K one to show the boot screen on. That isnt much of a problem. The poblem is that...
  5. Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor

Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor: I have two monitors set up. One is a 1K monitor and the other 4K. Even though my 4K one is set as the default monitor and plugged into the first port on my graphics card the computer uses to 1K one to show the boot screen on. That isnt much of a problem. The poblem is that...
  6. Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Multi-Monitors, wallpapers reset after monitors sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi-Monitors, wallpapers reset after monitors sleep: Title says it all. I just recently picked up three matching monitors Acer XF234Y, all connected via DisplayPort to an RTX 3070.Previously I had three different model monitors, two connected via DP and one via HDMI and I never had an issue with this. All of the hardware...
  8. Multi-Monitors, wallpapers reset after monitors sleep

Multi-Monitors, wallpapers reset after monitors sleep: Title says it all. I just recently picked up three matching monitors Acer XF234Y, all connected via DisplayPort to an RTX 3070.Previously I had three different model monitors, two connected via DP and one via HDMI and I never had an issue with this. All of the hardware...
  9. Multi-Monitor dragging windows between screens resizes window

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-Monitor dragging windows between screens resizes window: I recently retired a laptop that had it's own screen as 1920x1080 and had a second monitor plugged in that was set to 1920x1080 and when I dragged any application's window between screens, I would see no change in size of the window being dragged. I could move back and forth...
  10. Multi Monitor Application Changes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multi Monitor Application Changes: Im running 3 monitors. When windows goes to sleep and wakes all the open applications are moved between displays and resized. I've google'd and found some topics but, with no resolution. I'd like to be able to pin/stick an application to a display. One monitor is just a 7"...