Windows 10: Multi monitor freeze

Discus and support Multi monitor freeze in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello I have a problem with my computer I tried so many solutions on google with contacting Microsoft support and still no fix, so I ended up here to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by DEVILEE, Sep 10, 2020.

1. DEVILEE Win User

Multi monitor freeze

Hello

I have a problem with my computer I tried so many solutions on google with contacting Microsoft support and still no fix, so I ended up here to get help as you guys helped me before in the BSOD problem.

My problem my mouse pointer freeze for a split second milli-second stutter you call it frequently, I have 2 monitors setup one is connected to the GPU card and the other is connected to the intel GPU on the motherboard
    So when I am moving the mouse pointer on the intel connected monitor it does move smoothly without freezing while going to the main monitor the one connected to the GPU card it does freeze a lot for millisecond which is annoying at last, the issue showed up after resetting my PC

Things I tried:-
    - Starting in safe mode does fix the issue
    - removing the NVIDIA driver with DDU fix the issue but re-installing it make the issue come back
    - doing the chkdsk /x /r /f c: does fix the issue for like 10 minutes and it will come back
    - I did check the health of the hard disk and the SSD and all healthy
    - I did a fresh install for windows 10 and checked for updates and drivers all installed

Thank you for such a forum

:)

DEVILEE, Sep 10, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 10, 2020
  3. 2nd and 3rd monitors freezing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how annoying it can be when the monitors freezes at the middle of some work. Thanks for the information provided by you on the post.
    To understand the issue better, we need some information.

• Did you observe any changes to the system recently, such as Updates to driver or Windows?
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the make and model of the all the three monitors?
    • How the other 2 monitors connected to the PC?

However, you can try the steps below and check if it works for you.

Device Drivers settings.

1. Press Windows + X key from the keyboard and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display device. Right click on the device listed and select
      Update drivers
    3. You will receive a prompt
      Search automatically for Updated driver
    4. Restart the PC and then check if the Monitor 2 & 3 freezes after sleep.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Seally Win User

Multi monitor freeze

Blurry text on secondary monitor in multi-resolution, multi-DPI setup

This is probably the most painful issue I have with Windows 10 right now (and likely previous versions as well, but I didn't have a multi-monitor setup back then).

The monitors I have are as follows:
    1. 3840x2160 (4K UHD) monitor with preferred DPI: 144 (150%)
    2. 1920x1080 (Full HD) monitor with preferred DPI: 96 (100%)

Whenever one of these monitors are set as primary, all desktop applications displayed on the secondary monitor (doesn't matter which) has blurry text. Exceptions are the Windows Store Apps like Windows Store and Microsoft Edge, along with the Taskbar/Start Menu, the Taskbar/Start Menu settings screen, the Taskbar context menu, and the desktop context menu which passes the DPI test with flying colours, with crispy text on both monitors (occasionally a DPI switch bug gets in, but I can mostly ignore that). The problem is, as you can probably guess, is that >99% of the applications I use aren't Windows Store Apps.

Here are some screenshots. The "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" text is what the text should look like while the Visual Studio 2015 text is an example of the text most desktop apps get. The blurry image is what happens when the UHD monitor is not the primary monitor.
    Attachment 48493Attachment 48494
    Note: Both of these screenshots came from the 150% DPI monitor so it's best viewed at that (144) DPI level. The 96 DPI monitor is similarly affected.

Things I've already tried:
    • Reinstall the graphics driver (this was unhelpfully given by a Microsoft Support Engineer). Did this multiple times in fact for unrelated reasons.
    • Reinstall Windows 10 (through Reset This PC recovery option). I did this for also unrelated reasons but it definitely doesn't fix this issue.
    • Use the XP Explorer "fix". Merely worsens the problem.
    • Adjusting ClearType options. Alleviates the issue a bit but see next point.
    • Disabling ClearType on the affected monitor. The text obviously sharpens, but it's painful to read and a close inspection of the text reveals the issue isn't solved at all, only mitigated slightly.
    • Replacing the video card. I swapped this in with my older GTX 560 Ti but it's obvious the problem remains. Both it and my current card are NVIDIAs though, so it's vaguely possible the drivers or the cards themselves are the cause. I don't have an ATI/AMD card (that still works, at least) to test the setup and every Intel iGPU I have either has only one monitor output or is incapable of handling UHD resolutions.

Things I won't try:
    • Setting both monitors' DPI to 96. Text would become microscopic considering the UHD monitor's actual size.
    • Use the text resizing feature instead. I'm going take a wild guess that this is not monitor-specific and would cause everything on the HD monitor to be far too large to the point that I'd rather unplug it.

Does anyone have a multi-resolution, multi-DPI, multi-monitor setup with or without this issue? The text is painful to read on whichever is the secondary monitor right now, and is extremely apparent whenever the background is dark.

Seally, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Multi monitor freeze

1. Multi monitor freeze - Similar Threads - Multi monitor freeze

2. Multi Monitor Wallpaper Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi Monitor Wallpaper Problem: so i try to right click to set a certain image to a certain monitor but on shows monitor 2 . if i change a setting in windows for display then it will show option for monitor one and monitor 2...
  3. Multi Monitor Wallpaper Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi Monitor Wallpaper Problem: so i try to right click to set a certain image to a certain monitor but on shows monitor 2 . if i change a setting in windows for display then it will show option for monitor one and monitor 2...
  4. Problem with multi Monitor Setup Microsoft Transient Multi-Monitor Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with multi Monitor Setup Microsoft Transient Multi-Monitor Manager: Hi everybody, I'm at the end of my wits. I recently got a new second monitor on my system win10, NVidia Geforce 1070, 2x MSI Optix MAG27 to name the relevant pieces and now the automatic monitor detection is bugging me. ProblemWhenever I'm switching my second monitor off...
  5. Win10 Multi-Monitor Troubles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Multi-Monitor Troubles: ISSUE 1: I have 3 screens -- What I would like is if I shut off two screens and have one on that all the icons, taskbar, remain in place and not move to the only screen that is on. This will allow me to power down two monitors when I am watching movies and save some power....
  6. Nvidia GameStream with a multi seat and multi monitor setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia GameStream with a multi seat and multi monitor setup: Hi, I have a somewhat complex question. I am trying to force Nvidia GameStream (lets call it "GS" from now on) to start on my secondary monitor. I've read on the Nvidia forum that it can't be done, and have tried to tinker with it myself. No luck so far. I will try to note...
  7. Multi-Monitor Wallpaper control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-Monitor Wallpaper control: I currently have a triple monitor set up, with two vertical monitors and a horizontal monitor, I want to be able to use slideshow wallpapers for these monitors and use two different folders for the different orientations of monitor. I.E. a slideshow for the horizontal...
  8. Multi Monitor Application Changes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multi Monitor Application Changes: Im running 3 monitors. When windows goes to sleep and wakes all the open applications are moved between displays and resized. I've google'd and found some topics but, with no resolution. I'd like to be able to pin/stick an application to a display. One monitor is just a 7"...
  9. Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue: So I have an odd issue. I have 3 monitors in my setup. My main is a 27" Dell G-Sync monitor at 2560x1440. It is flanked by a 24" 1080p monitor on each side of it. I have the 27" set as my main monitor but have dragged my main taskbar to the monitor on my left side. My issue...
  10. Multi-monitor taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-monitor taskbar: Is there a way to duplicate the taskbar to my second monitor? Right now, there are no toolbars, notification icons, search or date/clock. thanks. 10480