Windows 10: Multi-monitor set up with different sizes and resolutions? Scaling issue for multimonitor...

Discus and support Multi-monitor set up with different sizes and resolutions? Scaling issue for multimonitor... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,Running W10 1709 64-bit, and a multi-monitor setup as pictured in screenshot from display manager:2x27" 2560x1440 Monitors "3" and "4"1x22"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brian Weltman, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Multi-monitor set up with different sizes and resolutions? Scaling issue for multimonitor...

Hi,Running W10 1709 64-bit, and a multi-monitor setup as pictured in screenshot from display manager:2x27" 2560x1440 Monitors "3" and "4"1x22" 1680x1050 Monitor "2"and built-in laptop display:15.6" 1920x1080 Monitor "1"My problem is that my monitor manager is aware of the 4 monitors and their resolution, but not of the sizes. That is - in reality, monitor "2" is bigger than monitor "1" and the scaling between monitors is off. Dragging a window from one monitor to another doesn't work very well as the placement is very different from what Windows thinks.Scaling monitors to other than 100%

:)

Brian Weltman, Jan 14, 2022
  2. H3nrik V Win User

Multi-monitor set up with different sizes and resolutions?

Hi,

Running W10 1709 64-bit, and a multi-monitor setup as pictured in screenshot from display manager:

2x27" 2560x1440 (Monitors "3" and "4")

1x22" 1680x1050 (Monitor "2")

and built-in laptop display:

15.6" 1920x1080 (Monitor "1")

My problem is that my monitor manager is aware of the 4 monitors and their resolution, but not of the sizes. That is - in reality, monitor "2" is bigger than monitor "1" and the scaling between monitors is off. Dragging a window from one monitor to another
    doesn't work very well as the placement is very different from what Windows thinks.

Scaling monitors to other than 100% doesn't solve my problem - Windows is still not aware of the difference in sizes. Any input is welcome.

Thanks,

Multi-monitor set up with different sizes and resolutions? Scaling issue for multimonitor... d9ea7ad0-ec91-4188-831c-926b4278cc4c?upload=true.png

H3nrik V, Jan 14, 2022
  3. H3nrik V Win User

Hi Nikhar,

Thanks, I am clearly aware of that the monitor manager sizes monitors according to resolution. What I need is an option
    not to do so. When moving the cursor through different monitors, or sizing a window over several monitors, it doesn't make sense.

Does such an option exist?

Thanks,

Henrik.

H3nrik V, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Multi-monitor set up with different sizes and resolutions? Scaling issue for multimonitor...

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you see a different setup of monitors in the multiple displays section.

I would like to inform that the multiple display section will show the monitor setup as per the screen resolution you are using instead of the actual size of the monitors.

Since, you are using a screen resolution 1920 X 1080 for
    Monitor 1 and 1680 X 1050 for Monitor 2 that is the reason you see a size difference in the multiple display section.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Multi-monitor set up with different sizes and resolutions? Scaling issue for multimonitor...

1. Multi-monitor set up with different sizes and resolutions? Scaling issue for multimonitor... - Similar Threads - Multi monitor set

2. Multi-monitor set up with different sizes and resolutions? Scaling issue for multimonitor...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi-monitor set up with different sizes and resolutions? Scaling issue for multimonitor...: Hi,Running W10 1709 64-bit, and a multi-monitor setup as pictured in screenshot from display manager:2x27" 2560x1440 Monitors "3" and "4"1x22" 1680x1050 Monitor "2"and built-in laptop display:15.6" 1920x1080 Monitor "1"My problem is that my monitor manager is aware of the 4...
  3. Multi-monitor set up with different sizes and resolutions? Scaling issue for multimonitor...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-monitor set up with different sizes and resolutions? Scaling issue for multimonitor...: Hi,Running W10 1709 64-bit, and a multi-monitor setup as pictured in screenshot from display manager:2x27" 2560x1440 Monitors "3" and "4"1x22" 1680x1050 Monitor "2"and built-in laptop display:15.6" 1920x1080 Monitor "1"My problem is that my monitor manager is aware of the 4...
  4. How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution: Hello,I have two monitors a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both the same size and sit next to each other. In the display settings the 1080p monitor is much smaller. Which causes apps to resize when moving them from one monitor to the other and the cursor move...
  5. How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution: Hello,I have two monitors a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both the same size and sit next to each other. In the display settings the 1080p monitor is much smaller. Which causes apps to resize when moving them from one monitor to the other and the cursor move...
  6. How to equalize the scale of monitors with a different resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Scaling/dual monitors, different size, same resolution: So I have a dual monitor setup, my second monitor is 27in, and my main monitor is 24in, when using backgrounds like shown here, I cannot get my background to line up correctly, if I still want my mouse to move across the monitors smoothly, it seems like windows sees both...
  8. Multi-monitor set up with different sizes and resolutions?

Multi-monitor set up with different sizes and resolutions?: Hi, Running W10 1709 64-bit, and a multi-monitor setup as pictured in screenshot from display manager: 2x27" 2560x1440 (Monitors "3" and "4") 1x22" 1680x1050 (Monitor "2") and built-in laptop display: 15.6" 1920x1080 (Monitor "1") My problem is that my monitor...
  9. Monitor Scaling and resolution

Monitor Scaling and resolution: I have a 2 monitor setup on windows 10. I have a 23.8 inch 1440p monitor, and a 31 inch 1080p television as my second monitor. In the windows display settings menu it assumes the 1080p tv is smaller than the 1440p monitor despite it being the opposite. Is there a way to input...
  10. Multi monitor DPI scaling issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multi monitor DPI scaling issue: Hi, I've got a 4K monitor and a 1920x1200 monitor hooked up but the current "solution" for separate DPI scaling seems flawed. If I set the 4K monitor as my main display and set it to 200% scaling with the 1920 display set to 100% what seems to happen is that windows...