Windows 10: multi-monitors and HDMI output selection?

Discus and support multi-monitors and HDMI output selection? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a laptop with a second (USB) monitor that I am using for a video production. I take the HDMI output and it goes into a mixer for recording. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by guthrie, Sep 17, 2020.

1. guthrie Win User

multi-monitors and HDMI output selection?

I have a laptop with a second (USB) monitor that I am using for a video production. I take the HDMI output and it goes into a mixer for recording.
    The issue is that the display output sent to HDMI is not what I want.

The W10 machine maps the displays like this:
    [2] - [1]
    [1] = laptop, [2] = external USB monitor
    with contiguous cursor movement between them, which is just what I want.

But when I connect the HDMI output, it then looks like this;
    [2] - [1] - [[3]]
    [3] = HDMI output
    again with contiguous cursor movement between them, but the issue is that I cannot see locally what is being sent to the HDMI recording.

I want to be able to send the [2] second local display to HDMI, so I can see what it being shown, and work on it interactively..
    The "Display" option is setup for "extend display", which makes sense that it would act this way. Trying any other option of the Display setup (that I tried) won't give the desired result.

Basically it seems like the Display options won't show just my [2] local monitor output.
    ???

Win-10, Ver. 1903

:)

guthrie, Sep 17, 2020

2. Dual Monitor Sound Output with 2 HDMI's

Hello, Im trying to output my PC sound to my dual monitor setup (HP VH240a x2)

I've tried enabling the stereo mixer in windows and replaying to the second monitor and even used a direct audio jack instead but nothing.

Also, I tried NVIDIA's Control Panel and enabled surround but it doesnt work

Pc specs : ROG-STRIX-RTX2060-6G-GAMING

Intel i5-9600k

Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI

UncleDemonTTV, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Won't Recognize Second Monitor Via HDMI

Hi Jared,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Let’s first check if “HDMI Output” is selected as the default device.

Follow these steps:

• Click Start and select Control Panel.
    • On the right hand side of the screen, under
      View by:
      click the drop-down icon and select Large icons.
    • Click Sound.
    • If you do not have the HDMI Output listed under “Playback” tab, right click in the
      playback window and select Show Disabled Device and
      Show Disconnected Device.
    • If the HDMI Output option appears, right-click
      HDMI Output and select Default
      Device.
    • Now the audio must be playing on HDMI.
    Method 2:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 17, 2020
  4. multi-monitors and HDMI output selection?

PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

multi-monitors and HDMI output selection?

1. multi-monitors and HDMI output selection? - Similar Threads - multi monitors HDMI

2. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?: Hi Community, here's the thing. I have two HDMI monitors, one conneced to an HDMI port and one to a DVI both give sound, even the DVI but I cannot make both of them give sound at the same time. Windows lists them both as one output source, and only the first monitor that I...
  3. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?: Hi Community, here's the thing. I have two HDMI monitors, one conneced to an HDMI port and one to a DVI both give sound, even the DVI but I cannot make both of them give sound at the same time. Windows lists them both as one output source, and only the first monitor that I...
  4. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. hdmi output

hdmi output: i am not getting any sound or video from my hdmi. what should i try? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output/aa63273e-1a66-495a-b272-d3d32d8495fb
  6. HDMI Output Audio

HDMI Output Audio: I connected my HDMI to my TV and attempted to play output audio through the secondary device but it is not detected in my sound settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-audio/518ee249-2648-404a-8e83-6a078caf080b
  7. HDMI port doesn't output to external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI port doesn't output to external monitor: I want to output video to an external monitor from my PC, through the HDMI port. However it doesn't work... I checked with other cable and other monitor but same situation. On the other hand, I can output to same monitors from other two computers, so the monitors and the...
  8. HDMI Output to TV

HDMI Output to TV: I use my laptop to send PowerPoint presentations to a big screen TV in a classroom. That works fine as long as I am in Slide Show mode. However, I cannot get anything else from the computer to the TV. When I connect the laptop to the TV I see my background photo but I do not...
  9. HDMI output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI output: I'm trying to run a projector from my Windows 10 laptop using HDMI to HDMI cable. The projector only shows background and taskbar. Using VGA to VGA cable worked fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output/b3789904-ff58-4127-8138-ead5ae41f305
  10. Dual Monitor Sound Output with 2 HDMI's

Dual Monitor Sound Output with 2 HDMI's: #1 Hello, Im trying to output my PC sound to my dual monitor setup (HP VH240a x2) I've tried enabling the stereo mixer in windows and replaying to the second monitor and even used a direct audio jack instead but nothing. Also, I tried NVIDIA's Control Panel and enabled...