Windows 10: Multi OS boot screen issue

Discus and support Multi OS boot screen issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have 3 OS on 1 Disk Drive (3partitions), 2x w8.1pro 64bit (not activated) & w10pro 64bit (activated). normally ok but the boot screen did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by atnkalsil, Jun 17, 2019.

1. atnkalsil Win User

Multi OS boot screen issue

Hi,

I have 3 OS on 1 Disk Drive (3partitions), 2x w8.1pro 64bit (not activated) & w10pro 64bit (activated).

normally ok but the boot screen did not show & the pc booted into the latest installation, w10. I fixed this by changing setting the default in System Configuration & the boot screen reappeared & I booted each OS ok but then I noticed the Volume Description was missing for w10 !?. it did say: on Volume 4 (correct) and the other 2 still continue to display their Volume Number correctly.

Perhaps this is not much of an issue but its new for me & seemed unusual. I have no idea why the boot screen failed initially as everything seemed fine. I had gone away from home for some hours leaving the pc fully powered off & returned to find the issue, so im a little worried that my pc could have been tampered with whist away.. is there a way to access what occurred ?

(btw: other random note to MS. No need to reply.. As an multi OS owner, 95-7pro I believe I should get w8.1 similar to the free w10 upgrade. That is, free activation, hmpff grumble!)

:)

atnkalsil, Jun 17, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 17, 2019
  3. snayob Win User
    Multi-boot 3 OS Grub recovery/configuration

If you are not afraid of using command line I would suggest using it, also the steps for graphical "Boot-Repair" are given:

How to reinstall GRUB using Ubuntu live CD/USB - official docs

When booting Ubuntu USB or CD/DVD select UEFI boot, like "USB UEFI" for example.

snayob, Jun 17, 2019
  4. Multi OS boot screen issue

blue screen issue

after monthes of running system it was fine then on windows 7 it blue screened after looking it over myself and getting advice from local pc shop they suggest upgrading os will fix the issue so I upgraded to win 8.1 and along followed the blue screens now again upgrading after more advice I'm on win 10 and the bluescreens followed as a bad pool error rebooting I have included the requested report please help as spending the $150 the local pc shop wants is my next step

bigonexeon, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

Multi OS boot screen issue

1. Multi OS boot screen issue - Similar Threads - Multi boot screen

2. Multi Booting Windows Vista With current 4 Multi Boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi Booting Windows Vista With current 4 Multi Boots: So, I have 4 OS es multi booted already, namely Win11, Win10, Win8.1, Win7.I'm going to make it a 5 by adding windows vista to it. And I have noticed when Installing a new o perating system, the boot menu and the bootloader changes. I don't want it to change and it should be...
  3. Multi Booting Windows Vista With current 4 Multi Boots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi Booting Windows Vista With current 4 Multi Boots: So, I have 4 OS es multi booted already, namely Win11, Win10, Win8.1, Win7.I'm going to make it a 5 by adding windows vista to it. And I have noticed when Installing a new o perating system, the boot menu and the bootloader changes. I don't want it to change and it should be...
  4. multi monitor issue - screen staying black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    multi monitor issue - screen staying black: So I have 2 monitors connected to an rtx 2070, one via hdmi (4k) and 1 via displayport (1440p). I mirror the screens so both display the same content. This usually works, however for reasons I can not isolate one or both monitors show only black screens sometimes at random....
  5. Blue screen with winload.efi error after multi-boot black OS selection screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen with winload.efi error after multi-boot black OS selection screen Windows 10: I added a new M2 drive to my computer that uses multi-boot all Windows 10 on the drives. When I choose to boot from the new drive, I get a blue screen saying that something couldn't load and a path points to winload.efi. A strange thing is that if I go into repair mode and...
  6. Windows 10 multi screen issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 multi screen issues: I just upgraded to windows 10 pro 64 bit. During the time that I had Windows 7 I never had any issues with the multi screen set up. After the upgrade my screen positions and resolutions change after every shut down. I have to rearrange screen positions and change resolutions...
  7. Bootloader issues with multi-boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootloader issues with multi-boot: I'm trying to dual-boot Win 10 (64-bit) and WinXP (32-bit). If I try to go to WinXP, the entire system just restarts, then restarts once more when I get back into the bootloader. I tried using Dual Boot Repair, but all it did was add a redundant item to my bootloader menu....
  8. OS Boot Selection Screen

OS Boot Selection Screen: Hi there reader/expert, More a question than an actual problem. I have a dual boot system with both 8.1x64 and 10x64 on my 240GB SSD and I always used to have a nice boot selection screen in blue, like on the right side of the picture (something I grabbed from the inet)....
  9. Invisible Boot Manager on Multi OS system.

Invisible Boot Manager on Multi OS system.: i7-5820k, 3.3GHz Asus X-99A/USB 3.1 mobo 16gigs Ram AMD RX480 8gig Win 10/7 I am dual booting win 10 and 7. The install of 10 went smooth and I had the wonderful blue menu screen for some time. Attachment 164426 However, since the Creators update on 10 all I have...
  10. Multi Boot system Easy BCD issue

Multi Boot system Easy BCD issue: Ok so here's what has happened. I have a multi boot system. Windows 10 on my M2 hard drive. Then on another SSD I have Windows 10 Creators addition that I use to test updates . Then 1 more SSD that has Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. All were booting fine using Easy BCD until I...