Windows 10: Multi-page, related, documents being represented as several single page files in PC or laptop

Discus and support Multi-page, related, documents being represented as several single page files in PC or laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Does anyone share this problem? As a Windows 7 user, I had the useful ability of scanning multi-page paper documents into my PC as one unified file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JEllis2, Mar 13, 2020.

1. JEllis2 Win User

Multi-page, related, documents being represented as several single page files in PC or laptop

Does anyone share this problem? As a Windows 7 user, I had the useful ability of scanning multi-page paper documents into my PC as one unified file.

That feature does not exist in Win 10 Pro. A four page document now becomes four separate files inside my PC. This is cumbersome and unnecessary.

As a community, can we urge Windows developers to restore that useful feature, so that multi page documents reside in the PC, or laptop, as ONE FILE?

I hope that some, or all, of you agree.

If any of you have found a solution to this issue, or if you have found a 'work-around' to this issue, please respond.

:)

JEllis2, Mar 13, 2020

2. How can I scan a multi page document into a single file in Windows 10 fax & scan?

I have a HP LaserJet 3020 with automatic scanner - I need to scan a multi-page document into a single file. The ADF feeds each successive page and the scan screen shows "scanning page 2," but when I look at the document, there is no second page. I have discovered
    that it is in the scanned docs file as a separate doc. How can I get all pages into a single file?

DavidVigil1, Mar 13, 2020
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Multi-page, related, documents being represented as several single page files in PC or laptop

Scanning multiple pages in to one single document​

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to scan multiple pages into one document. You can achieve the task by scanning all the pages into one PDF file.

• What is the make and model of the scanner?

I would suggest you to refer the articles mentioned below, depending on the scanner you are using to scan the document.

For HP Scanners:

HP Printers - How to Scan (Windows)
    , refer the section
    How do I save multiple documents or photos as a single PDF?

For Brother Scanners:

Scan multiple pages into one file instead of each scan being saved as a separate file

For EPSON Scanners:

Scan Multiple Pages to a PDF File

For Canon Scanners:

Scanning multiple pages to a single PDF file using MP Navigator EX (Scanners)
    and

Scan multiple documents using the IJ Scan Utility

Note:
    Since Microsoft does not host the websites, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Multi-page, related, documents being represented as several single page files in PC or laptop

1. Multi-page, related, documents being represented as several single page files in PC or laptop - Similar Threads - Multi page related

2. Printing documents with multiple pages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing documents with multiple pages: I use a Canon printer. Recently when printing items with multiple pages I've noticed that though they show up properly paged in the "preview" box, when actually printing they do not "spool" correctly and thus incorrectly print. This seems to have happened after a Microsoft...
  3. is there a way to combine several Scanned Document files into a single document file in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is there a way to combine several Scanned Document files into a single document file in...: I scanned a multiple page document in Windows 10 . I need to combine the files that were created for each page scannd into a single file so the document can be transfered in another Application....
  4. page being redirected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    page being redirected: Every time I sigh onto the aol.com page it is redirected from aol.com to guce advertising or guce.aol.comcom. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/page-being-redirected/241373d0-9a78-4acf-b48d-456f4a59cedb"
  5. Reading multi-page scanned tiff and/or jpeg files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reading multi-page scanned tiff and/or jpeg files: I scanned my multi-page documents to my computer as tiff files and then later as jpeg files. The only page that shows is the first page. How can I see all of the other pages?...
  6. Paging File Size being set to none

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Paging File Size being set to none: For the last several months, my PC has been suffering from various memory issues. Not returning from idle, low memory warnings, memory allocation warnings, slowness, sluggishness, etc. i decided to look into manually changing my paging file size and that is when i noticed...
  7. Save page as one single file ?

in Browsers and Email
    Save page as one single file ?: After FF removed "save as MHT" add-on, only IE can save in that format and also open it. It was a very nifty feature and I have all slew of them saved like that. Saving in HTML format makes a folder + .html file which is cumbersome to keep. 114540
  8. Scan and FAX multi Pages to PDF?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan and FAX multi Pages to PDF?: I can Scan from my Brother MFC-8840D using the Scan on the Start Menu or the Scan and FAX. I even have the option to save it as a PDF and this all works. However it wants to save each page. Is there any way to configure it to scan several pages from the FlatBed and not the...
  9. multi boot splash page control

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    multi boot splash page control: Hi, I would like to better control the boot screens for multi boot windows. If I remain in windows 10 then I get the new boot loader page, if I choose win7 then I get redirected to win7 boot loader page. Can I keep just one page to select from? Thanks, Keith 56755
  10. Documents tile on Start page?

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents tile on Start page?: Is there a way to make a Documents tile and place it on the start page? The tile would take me directly to the documents folder. 58342