Windows 10: Multi-tasking Snap not resizing windows to fill the screen.

Discus and support Multi-tasking Snap not resizing windows to fill the screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, this is a problem that I have been having for months now, and I have tried various different fixes and nothing has helped. I am using Windows 10 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EmFawcett, Dec 3, 2018.

1. EmFawcett Win User

Multi-tasking Snap not resizing windows to fill the screen.

Hi, this is a problem that I have been having for months now, and I have tried various different fixes and nothing has helped. I am using Windows 10 on a single display (laptop).

When I use the snap feature to have multiple windows split on screen, they do not fully resize to fill the screen space. This leaves a frustrating gap at the edges of the screen, and also means that the title bars are larger as the windows aren't 'maximised' to their half of the screen. To reiterate, the snap mechanism itself works, but it is not resizing correctly.

Multi-tasking Snap not resizing windows to fill the screen. 8529ebf9-754a-4c00-9aad-f295d8876c38?upload=true.png Multi-tasking Snap not resizing windows to fill the screen. cc70b73c-5416-41f5-8cc7-28fd9c549b6c?upload=true.png
    An example of what I mean. Screenshotting doesn't keep the cursor, so this is a recreation. There is a gap around the windows. This gap does not occur if a single window is maximised.

I have updated everything, including display driver, and the problem remains. The same goes for changing resolution settings, it makes no difference. Using the keyboard shortcuts leads to the same gap of a few pixels as well.

Please help, this has been driving me slowly crazy!

:)

EmFawcett, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Window Snap / resize

I have been through all of those steps. Windows are still snapping, and in some cases resizing to small windows. This has to stop...

jeffzervos, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Jake Win User

How to disable Windows 10 window resize behavior after snapping?

I like Windows' snapping features, for the most part. I have trouble with one aspect of the feature, which resizes a window back to its previous size after snapping, if you move the window. I would rather keep the window at the snapped size.

Follow these steps to see what I mean:

1. Open a new window
      • Note the size of the window at this point
    2. Snap it to the side of the screen (Win + LeftArrow)
    3. Resize the window to be shorter
    4. Move the window to another spot

You will observe after step 4 that the window returns to the size it was in step 1. Windows remembers that size and recalls it when you move the window. Is there a way to have Windows keep the size I set via snap/resize instead of the previous size?

Jake, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Multi-tasking Snap not resizing windows to fill the screen. - Similar Threads - Multi tasking Snap

2. W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window: Hello,I just upgraded to Windows 11. In Windows 10, there was an option in settings:"When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window".I want to disable this option in Windows 11. I want to be able to resize windows without the adjacent window...
  3. W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 Missing: When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window: Hello,I just upgraded to Windows 11. In Windows 10, there was an option in settings:"When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window".I want to disable this option in Windows 11. I want to be able to resize windows without the adjacent window...
  4. Problem with Windows multi-tasking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Windows multi-tasking: Everytime i open multiple windows, the window that my cursor touches first comes to the top before i reach the smaller window. It's so annoying. I have to minimize everything to see the window that is hidden at the back. Please help me :...
  5. Window snapping without resizing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window snapping without resizing?: In Linux Mint, if you drag something to the side of the screen it will "lock" to it, without resizing the window. Is there any way to get the same functionality in Windows 10 at all? I have three screens and my left screen I want to have my foobar2000 docked to the right...
  6. SNAP assist, multi tasking tool not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SNAP assist, multi tasking tool not working: I used to be able to drag a document/app to the left or right of the screen and it would snap into place alongside my other app. However now I get a green edge to the desktop screen and a large green number one in the middle of the screen and it won't allow me to snap...
  7. Snapping doesn't properly fill screen after May update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Snapping doesn't properly fill screen after May update.: Hey all. I've tried the May update multiple times in the past, only to revert because of this one seemingly minor, but annoying enough to cause me to change back issue. I just updated again, and the issue is still there even after other issues like Color Profiles have been...
  8. Multi-Monitor dragging windows between screens resizes window

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-Monitor dragging windows between screens resizes window: I recently retired a laptop that had it's own screen as 1920x1080 and had a second monitor plugged in that was set to 1920x1080 and when I dragged any application's window between screens, I would see no change in size of the window being dragged. I could move back and forth...
  9. cannot resize my windows; snap wont allow corner snap

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot resize my windows; snap wont allow corner snap: i think therea a problem with my windows drivers. brand new hp spectre laptop- trying to put 3 windows on the screen at the same time- Snap oonly allows me to do 2. and i also notice that the windows resize button does nothing. I am at a loss where to start brent...
  10. keyboard window resize snap?

in Windows 10 Support
    keyboard window resize snap?: Do not have Win10, but am wondering something. In Eightforums.com I posted a thread with the title: keyboard window resize snap . It's that annoying 'feature' that occurs when the on-screen keyboard button next to the 'X' button is pressed: which resizes ALL the windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win phone multi window mutli tasking