Windows 10: Multi User access to VB and VBA Program Settings Entries

Discus and support Multi User access to VB and VBA Program Settings Entries in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Wnidows Ver: 20H2 Excel Ver: MSO 16.0.14026.20202 (32-Bit) I have an Excel Addin which is installed under a user account with Admin privileges ( for... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Catfelix, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Catfelix Win User

Multi User access to VB and VBA Program Settings Entries

Wnidows Ver: 20H2 Excel Ver: MSO 16.0.14026.20202 (32-Bit) I have an Excel Addin which is installed under a user account with Admin privileges ( for registration of a COM assembly) using inno Setup. The installer also sets some VB and VBA Program Settings entries. My problem is that when Excel is opened under a different user account the VB and VBA Settings keys are not available. Where can I set registry key entries (via innoSetup) whch can then be accessed from various user accounts.

:)

Catfelix, Jun 17, 2021
  2. Catfelix Win User

Wnidows Ver: 20H2
    Excel Ver: MSO 16.0.14026.20202 (32-Bit)

I have an Excel Addin which is installed under a user account with Admin privileges ( for registration of a COM assembly) using inno Setup. The installer also sets some VB and VBA Program Settings entries. My problem is that when Excel is opened under a different user account the VB and VBA Settings keys are not available. Where can I set registry key entries (via innoSetup) whch can then be accessed from various user accounts.

Catfelix, Jun 17, 2021
  3. VBS Msgbox

Denis,

• I was too lazy to compute the size programmatically. And, it the 2005 version the message box always came up hidden, so I always used 0 for the top. It's also part of my OCD to be able to control everything.
    • I personally don't need it to timeout. I used this in vbs files to ask to continue to the next step, skip the next step or cancel the vbs. BTW, I added the code back in but keep it assign it to 0.
    • Sound was calling Windows Media Player: WshShell.Run "C:\Users\donast\desktop\sndrec32.lnk",7,false the lnk is a shortcut on my old desktop that had: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe"
      "C:\Users\Public\Music\Wavefiles\Twilight.wav"
    • Yes. The value is the number of the button in the order specified when calling it.
    • Never really thought about it as all my VBS/VBA code is relatively simple and I add comments in the file as necessary to remind me what is going on. I don't usually have anyone to share my code.
    FYI I use a VBS to call it. Here's a line from a test vbs I use to run your version:

choice=Wshshell.run("custommsgbox.vbs " & wscript.scriptname & " ""CopyFiles.vbs done. Continue with UnArchVista.vbs?"" ""White"" ""Black"" 40 ""Yes"" ""No"" ""Cancel""",1,true)

Copy it to a text editor to see all the spaces, etc. Took me a while back the to figure it out.

Don

DRARetired, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Multi User access to VB and VBA Program Settings Entries

Cannot write to Registry

It seems your assumption is incorrect. This key does not normally exist although your program assumes it does. You have these options:

• Inform the author of your program that his code must create the key unless it already exists.
    • Create the key manually, using regedit.exe.
    • Create the key by invoking this command:

reg.exe add "HKCU\Software\VB and VBA Program settings"

Frederik Long, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Multi User access to VB and VBA Program Settings Entries - Similar Threads - Multi User access

2. vb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vb: vbgvhj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vb/83613166-f6f4-4339-851e-a5f28a93c197
  3. vb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    vb: vbgvhj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vb/83613166-f6f4-4339-851e-a5f28a93c197
  4. Fix for corrupted program entry in Control Panel / Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix for corrupted program entry in Control Panel / Settings: Hey guys, Joe13 B- 2.0 here!Yes you read it, I finally found the registry path to delete a corrupted entry in the programs list.In my case, this started a long time ago when I successfully infected my device with trojans and had to do a reinstall. LOL.But somehow I got my...
  5. Fix for corrupted program entry in Control Panel / Settings

Fix for corrupted program entry in Control Panel / Settings: Hey guys, Joe13 B- 2.0 here!Yes you read it, I finally found the registry path to delete a corrupted entry in the programs list.In my case, this started a long time ago when I successfully infected my device with trojans and had to do a reinstall. LOL.But somehow I got my...
  6. Fix for corrupted program entry in Control Panel / Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Restrict Hide access to programs by user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restrict Hide access to programs by user: We recently installed several new Win10 computers one of which will be shared by several users. More a matter of limited space than anything else.There are a couple programs on the one unit we do NOT want other users to have access to, let alone see in the start menu or as a...
  8. Multi User Devices.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multi User Devices.: [ATTACH] I see 2 other Devices on chrome "Send to your Devices". Though I have only one device with completly Different ID. How can I view those "ghost" ids or Delete atleast!...
  9. VB

VB: How to inside o visual basic 2019 achieve the horizontal scroll with the mouse wheel. I did it with a modifier key and the mousewheel event but only work when i move the wheel down... HELP, please....
  10. VB and MS Access

VB and MS Access: Situation. I have done a datagridview to show in VB form which I can edit the filed I want. 1 of the field is a checkbox column from Access, how to check in datagridview and prompt another form? Let say frmapprove.show() in this form frmapprove.show() there is listbox,...