Windows 10: Multi user switching-Black screen waiting problem

Discus and support Multi user switching-Black screen waiting problem in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After entering the system for the first time, operate quickly: for example, create a local user and a network user, or Microsoft account, and then... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by 君hou, Nov 23, 2018.

1. 君hou Win User

Multi user switching-Black screen waiting problem

After entering the system for the first time, operate quickly: for example, create a local user and a network user, or Microsoft account, and then switch users. Low probability of encountering black screen in the process of switching users.

From the current analysis of dump, it should be related to the app deployment program.

Another document from Microsoft shows that Windows takes some time to deploy apps after it first enters the system

(https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/appinstaller/2017/02/22/introduction-to-pre-installed-apps/)(The settings and start menu is also an app (the function of creating and switching accounts is included)).

Through validation, if you enter the system and wait for five minutes to operate again, there will be no problem.

Below is a previous article, but also about the black screen, I think it is very similar to the problem, although the mode of operation is different.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/rs4system-version-17134after-the-first-oobe-into/fa3495e4-e4aa-4fac-8cb1-3ef23e631d1f?tm=1531466716408

We still hope that Microsoft can continue to optimize and improve the app deployment program.

:)

君hou, Nov 23, 2018

2. Black screen while switching user account.

Hello Raider,

As per the query, while switching the users in your PC ends with black screen. And it even persists after a restart.

- What is the make and model of your computer ?

We recommend you to refer the steps Black screen and not signed in to Windows” in the below article to fix the black screen issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Keep us informed with the status of the issue.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Nov 23, 2018
  4. AWR1203 Win User

Cannot switch user, causes black screen

I upgraded my Dell XPS desktop computer (27" touch-screen monitor) from Windows 8.1 to 10. Although all of my drivers seem to be properly updated, I cannot switch between users on my computer. When I try to switch from my user profile to one of my family's
    user profiles, the screen goes black. I have to completely shut down and reboot the computer to use it again.

I discovered that I can unplug the HDMI cable, wait a few seconds, and then plug it back in when the screen goes black. This allows me to switch user profiles without a reboot. However, this is obviously not the way things are supposed to be done.

Help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Windows 10 Upgrade / HDMI Port and Driver Problems- Original Title

AWR1203, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Multi user switching-Black screen waiting problem - Similar Threads - Multi user switching

2. Black screen + please wait

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen + please wait: Hello guysSo I have this problem with my laptop ROG STRIX, this started happening after I tried updating, but I think something went wrong and the last thing I saw is that it was undoing the changes.When powering on, it says please wait for a long period of time, like 10-15...
  3. Black screen + please wait

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen + please wait: Hello guysSo I have this problem with my laptop ROG STRIX, this started happening after I tried updating, but I think something went wrong and the last thing I saw is that it was undoing the changes.When powering on, it says please wait for a long period of time, like 10-15...
  4. black screen with cursor after switching user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    black screen with cursor after switching user: When I try to switch to my signed in user account, I get a black screen with a cursor. I am unable to bring up task manager and have to hard reset. This has been happening since the last update. Windows 10 Pro...
  5. Black screen whenever i sign out or switch users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen whenever i sign out or switch users: My dell device running windows 10 64 bit is having some newly discovered weird issue after a clean install, whenever i sign out or switch users i would get a black screen without cursor, no keyboard shortcuts seem to be working not even alt+ctrl+del. The only way out is...
  6. multi monitor issue - screen staying black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    multi monitor issue - screen staying black: So I have 2 monitors connected to an rtx 2070, one via hdmi (4k) and 1 via displayport (1440p). I mirror the screens so both display the same content. This usually works, however for reasons I can not isolate one or both monitors show only black screens sometimes at random....
  7. Black frozen screen when switching users - Windows 10

Black frozen screen when switching users - Windows 10: I recently starting getting a "frozen" black screen when changing users - Windows 10. I have to do a hard shut down to restart the computer. I've checked both the display adapter and monitor drivers in device manager which did not need updating as suggested on other posts....
  8. Temporary black screen while switching users

Temporary black screen while switching users: Hello. New windows10 Lenovo. When switching users get a black screen that can last upto 20seconds. I don't know if this is just a slow computer i3 with ssd or its a windows feature. Is the screen that comes up *while switching users* configurable - to something other than...
  9. Multi user login problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Multi user login problems: I have recently switched from a MacBook to Dell Windows 10 laptop and am having some unexpected problems with multiple user logins. The problem: when logging back in to the laptop after a reasonable period of inactivity and more than one user is logged in, the trackpad is...
  10. Black screen and WAIT during bootup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen and WAIT during bootup: For two years I have had three hard drives installed. One small one went bad and at bootup I would get that information with "Press F1 to resume" which I would do and then windows would load. I upgraded to windows 10 from 7 three weeks ago, same message, and no problem, as it...