Windows 10: multiboot- not working well after upgrade to win10 20H2

Discus and support multiboot- not working well after upgrade to win10 20H2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a multi boot system with win10 win7 and xp.The bootloader? was working fine as i could choose which program to run after startup.The update to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jhunt2, Apr 24, 2021.

1. jhunt2 Win User

multiboot- not working well after upgrade to win10 20H2

I have a multi boot system with win10 win7 and xp.The bootloader? was working fine as i could choose which program to run after startup.The update to win10 version 20H2 OS build 19042.928 seemed to go ok except not I get the windows symbol but no dots in a circle. I have to press the Cntrl I at the boot up and once it runs thru diagnostics, i can select which os. It seem to hang when I select the same os as was last used. sometimes if i select win 7 after win 10, it will boot ok.I have tried the run diag and fixes but so far still stick at logo but no dots.....Never

:)

jhunt2, Apr 24, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

cannot update 20H2 build 19042.662 for last 2 months

There are multiple steps that can be performed to troubleshoot failed upgrades.
    An in place upgrade repair if it fails should generate an error message and code that is useful to start the troubleshooting.
    So for a failure start an new thread with the error message and code and logs can be collected.
    List: antivirus, firewall, drive encryption software

zbook, Apr 24, 2021
  3. DavidY Win User
    Newbie needs advice moving Win8.1 ==> Win10

In your shoes I would
    1. Take a backup of the OS drive with Macrium Reflect, as suggested
    2. Download the ISO and do an Upgrade install (step 7 in this tutorial)
    Macrium gives you a way back if the upgrade doesn't work, and I also think that doing an Upgrade install is probably likely to be your quickest route to being activated on Windows 10 by the deadline.

Once activated, you can consider doing a clean install later but without the time pressure.

DavidY, Apr 24, 2021
  4. multiboot- not working well after upgrade to win10 20H2

Multiboot DVD

There are many articles on creating a multiboot usb drive but precious few on creating a multiboot dvd/cd.
    Apparently the only answer is SARDU which, IMHO, is a difficult to use and poorly documented application.
    I have successfully created a multiboot USB drive but due to EFI/Legacy issues when booting from USB I have to keep switching the BIOS to make use of it.
    Obviously a multiboot CD/DVD is the answer, but how does one create one?
    I am open to any and all suggestions (no obscenity please *Smile).
    I'll even use SARDU if someone shows me how to include my choice of ISO files in the compilation.

Hairy Scot, Apr 24, 2021
Thema:

multiboot- not working well after upgrade to win10 20H2

1. multiboot- not working well after upgrade to win10 20H2 - Similar Threads - multiboot working upgrade

2. Win10 upgrade number from 18 to 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 upgrade number from 18 to 20H2: Good day, Please help with the issue of updating the fleet of machines through WSUS. We have 100 hosts with different versions of Win 10 starting from 18. We want to update them via WSUS. Who knows how to do this or KB numbers, please write. I'm really looking forward ......
  3. BSOD attempting to upgrade to Win10 20H2

BSOD attempting to upgrade to Win10 20H2: Hi Community I'd really appreciate your help trying to solve my upgrade problems. Currently on Win10 1909. Upgrade to 2004 always failed and now upgrade to 20H2 is consistently failing with a DPC Watchdog violation error each time and then update rolls back. I tried MS...
  4. Mouse/Keyboard/Monitor not working after upgrade to Win10 20H2

Mouse/Keyboard/Monitor not working after upgrade to Win10 20H2: After installing WINDOWS 10 version 20H2, it worked without any problem, but when I left the computer for about 30 minutes and returned, the keyboard, mouse, and monitor did not respond, and the back of the mouse did not glow red. So, when I connected to another PC to check...
  5. in-place upgrade is not possible on Win10 1809 to 20H2

in-place upgrade is not possible on Win10 1809 to 20H2: Hello all, I am stuck with in-place upgrade of Win10 1809 x64 Enterprise. to Win10 20H2 x64 Enterprise on HP laptops with Thunderbolt port. A desktops are not affected. It is basically the same issue as here I see the same error in setup.exe GUI during pre-installation...
  6. Win10 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 20H2: I installed 20H2 when windows update said it was available and also had a totally unusable pc . On startup I disabled all installed programs ,still had the pc hanging with only my norton 360 still running . Reverted back to win10 1909 all was good until a final windows...
  7. After Upgrade To 20H2 ...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After Upgrade To 20H2 ...: Yesterday, after upgrade to 20H2, the 'View Optional Updates' appeared. I cliked on it and this appeared : . [ATTACH] . I have the system configured to NOT update automatically and 'Notify' me when updates are available.. Also, notice that some of these are years old. I am...
  8. Multiboot

Multiboot: Hello, I have a question. When I multi boot on win 10 does my files get deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiboot/d10a7fdf-6821-4483-bbf9-755a6fa5ce1f
  9. Overheating after upgrade to 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Overheating after upgrade to 20H2: Anyone else have overheating issues after this update? I'm on a laptop with a dedicated GTX 1060 that is only used for rendering games, and from startup I have high fan spin-up and 90 C temperatures reported on it with 0% usage, which drop to 76 C after a minute or two. When...
  10. Lost Win10 in Multiboot disk partition Win7, Win10 and LM Rafaela

Lost Win10 in Multiboot disk partition Win7, Win10 and LM Rafaela: Hi, My disk contains 5 partitions: part1 = ntfs-win10 free upgrade of win home premium (primary) Part2 = ntfs-win7 home premium (primary) Part3 = ext3-Extended (logical) Part4 = ext3-LM rafaela (extended) Part5 = swap (extended) This setup worked good. Part2 win7...