Windows 10: Multiboot OS

Discus and support Multiboot OS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a 16GB flash drive and I want to make it bootable for multiple OS like Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. I tried various tools... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ugn10, Apr 26, 2016.

1. ugn10 Win User

Multiboot OS

Hi,

I have a 16GB flash drive and I want to make it bootable for multiple OS like Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
    I tried various tools available on internet. None of them worked successfully.

Please guide me.

Regards
    Sanjay

:)

ugn10, Apr 26, 2016
  2. SimonGie Win User

Triple Booting

I have a triple boot setup, with maemo power, maemo stock, Fedora 12 and NitDroid.

you will need to manually partition your SD card and install the relative OS's to the seperate partitions. you will also need the fiasco images of the kernels in /boot/multiboot and create the relative entries in /etc/multiboot/

SimonGie, Apr 26, 2016
  3. mna174 Win User
    nitdroids

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To uninstall:

If the NITDroid is installed on a partition of your memory card, then just reformat the card. Then to get rid of the Multiboot open xterm sudo gainroot apt-get remove multiboot multiboot-extras nano-opt or dpkg -r multiboot multiboot-extras nano-op

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ceroberts...i followed the code which u had mentioned...(both of them) but nthng happened..

when i wrote "apt-get remove multiboot multiboot-extras nano-opt"

it said "E: couldn't find package multiboot-extras-nano-opt" a

nd when i wrote the 2nd code...

"dpkg -r multiboot multiboot-extras nano-opt"

it said...

"/bin/sh: dpkg-r: not found"

and ive formatted my memory card and deleted the NITDroid Catalog from the Application Manager and even did the factory reset..

advise me to get back my old NitDroid Free Maemo..(whch ws overclocked...)

:'(

mna174, Apr 26, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Multiboot OS

It's very difficult to create a multi-boot USB flash drive. It is much easier to use a small USB hard drive or, even better, drop a small SSD into a USB case.

Multiboot OS [​IMG]

Drop in a $25 SSD and you'd be good to go.

NavyLCDR, Apr 26, 2016
  5. Kyhi Win User
    Download my bootable rescue disk -
    copy the setup ISO's to the same device

Boot from the rescue disk
    mount the needed ISO
    run the setup.exe

Kyhi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Multiboot OS

1. Multiboot OS - Similar Threads - Multiboot

2. Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine: I have 4 hard drives in my system. Windows 10 is installed on the last drive. When I try to boot into Windows 10, it state it can't find windows\system\winloader.exe.I tried recovery disk and it states it can't repair.I booted into Windows 7 which is on a different hard...
  3. Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine: I have 4 hard drives in my system. Windows 10 is installed on the last drive. When I try to boot into Windows 10, it state it can't find windows\system\winloader.exe.I tried recovery disk and it states it can't repair.I booted into Windows 7 which is on a different hard...
  4. Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiboot system audio problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiboot system audio problem: Hello everyone,I have used multiboot - Dual boot from Win 7 to 11 for at least 15 years with no issues I Separated work related system and Apps from Games.For Audio I Use an older External Audio Card, M-Audio Firewire 410 Which works great for all my Recording needs Midi,...
  6. Multiboot system audio problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiboot system audio problem: Hello everyone,I have used multiboot - Dual boot from Win 7 to 11 for at least 15 years with no issues I Separated work related system and Apps from Games.For Audio I Use an older External Audio Card, M-Audio Firewire 410 Which works great for all my Recording needs Midi,...
  7. error 0xc0000225 -winload.exe missing after resized m2 multiboot disk?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    error 0xc0000225 -winload.exe missing after resized m2 multiboot disk?: so i tried to resize the 3rd partition by taking the space from the last partition, but now i only get this error and only the F9 option on the light blue Recovery screen boots me to the 2nd partition(win7), but why did the resize even fail and how could i get it back working...
  8. Compatibility of UWP applications between operating systems multiboot, not different/older...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Compatibility of UWP applications between operating systems multiboot, not different/older...: First off, I have 3 OS's, Windows 10 21H1 on boot drive, Xubuntu 20.04 OS on boot drive, home partition on game drive, and an OS that changes a lot, right now it is an insider preview build of Windows 11 on game drive. Feel free to ignore the Linux install. In short, my boot...
  9. Ventoy Multiboot USB Creator Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ventoy Multiboot USB Creator Error: Hello!There is a errorWhen I clicked the install button in ventoy it shows me a blue screen then I restart my computer then I put a iso file then try reboot for testing it my computer then my computer was bootable but after boot it shows me a blue screen. I then fix the issue...
  10. multiboot- not working well after upgrade to win10 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    multiboot- not working well after upgrade to win10 20H2: I have a multi boot system with win10 win7 and xp.The bootloader? was working fine as i could choose which program to run after startup.The update to win10 version 20H2 OS build 19042.928 seemed to go ok except not I get the windows symbol but no dots in a circle. I have to...