Windows 10: Multiboot USB\HDD

Discus and support Multiboot USB\HDD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, Im sure its been grind well enough but i have found no answer for my problem, only more problems *Biggrin I would like to create a multi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Microsover, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Multiboot USB\HDD

Hello all,
    Im sure its been grind well enough but i have found no answer for my problem, only more problems *Biggrin
    I would like to create a multi USB with the following ISO's:
    Win 10
    Win 7
    Kali linux
    HBCD
    and a few more normal ISO's.
    Well ive tried XBOOT, YUMI, Easy2Boot and many other.
    With every one there is a different problem, i would love to have your take of this issue and how u solved that.
    Thank you !

:)

Microsover, Nov 24, 2016
  2. mna174 Win User

nitdroids

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To uninstall:

If the NITDroid is installed on a partition of your memory card, then just reformat the card. Then to get rid of the Multiboot open xterm sudo gainroot apt-get remove multiboot multiboot-extras nano-opt or dpkg -r multiboot multiboot-extras nano-op

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ceroberts...i followed the code which u had mentioned...(both of them) but nthng happened..

when i wrote "apt-get remove multiboot multiboot-extras nano-opt"

it said "E: couldn't find package multiboot-extras-nano-opt" a

nd when i wrote the 2nd code...

"dpkg -r multiboot multiboot-extras nano-opt"

it said...

"/bin/sh: dpkg-r: not found"

and ive formatted my memory card and deleted the NITDroid Catalog from the Application Manager and even did the factory reset..

advise me to get back my old NitDroid Free Maemo..(whch ws overclocked...)

:'(

mna174, Nov 24, 2016
  3. DPOapsnz Win User
    laptop frozen on error screen

Hi on the last leg.

Three choices in the boot screen

USB FDD

USBHDD

USBCDROM

Would you know which one I should use?

Regards

Dennis

DPOapsnz, Nov 24, 2016
  4. SteveSi Win User

Multiboot USB\HDD

Hi,
    I am the author of Easy2Boot. Over 1000 Easy2Boot USB drives are made every day.
    If you have a specific problem, please give details.

SteveSi, Nov 25, 2016
  5. Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.
    The problem i had with Easy2Boot was that i couldnt make a valid Windows 7 installation from a custom wim file (5.5GB).
    I have tried to install said win7 on old machine with no UEFI support with imgptn file, (i would like to have one USB\HDD so no USB helper).
    After the installation, which takes ~10 min on old HDD, PC crushes on win logo on startup.
    As i see it, if you want 1 USB\HDD you have to make imgptn files, and thats for UEFI only. Im in a workplace where most PC are with no UEFI suport. Am i worng?
    Thank you.

Microsover, Nov 25, 2016
  6. SteveSi Win User
    Hi
    If you convert to .imgPTN then you can MBR boot (and UEFI-boot if you have EFI boot files in the image).
    If Win7 installs OK but then fails on first boot from HDD, it sounds like something is wrong with your system.
    If you tried other utilities and get similar results, then that also suggests a problem with your system.

What is BSOD error number? Have you tested disk and RAM?

SteveSi, Nov 25, 2016
  7. Hi,
    HDD and the overall system is in good condition , i installed from a USB to check and all went well.
    There was something wrong with the installation cause it went way too fast IMO.
    I think i have tried every single way to have that win 7, win 10, linux and other utilities combo with no go.
    With Easy2Boot there was just that win7 problem but other than that all went well.
    I will try in a UEFI machine to see if that works there at least.
    Does win 7 imgPTN works for you in none UEFI machine?
    Thank you

Microsover, Nov 25, 2016
  8. Multiboot USB\HDD

Hi,
    I have tried MBR boot and alternative boot with no luck.

Microsover, Nov 25, 2016
  9. SteveSi Win User
    Win 7 MS ISO does not normally contain UEFI boot files for USb booting. See UEFI boot from Windows 7 Install ISOs :: Easy2Boot
    Is suspect your system is incompatible with the Win7 version you have (maybe disk controller issue - but as you don't tell us what the BSOD error number is, it is hard to guess). Did you try a standard MS Win7 ISO?

SteveSi, Nov 25, 2016
  10. I have installed the same ISO file using rufus on the same machine.
    Tbh i do not know what is BSOD error number and how to find it.

Microsover, Nov 25, 2016
  11. SteveSi Win User
    So Rufus installs OK on the same system and from the same USB drive, but E2B does not - is that correct? You did not mention that before!
    BSOD is Blue Screen of Death - when Windows crashes you get a blue screen and an error number like 0xc000007b.

SteveSi, Nov 25, 2016
  12. SteveSi Win User
    P.S. Did you set the Boot Order in the BIOS to boot USB first, or did you set internal HDD boot first and then use pop-up boot selection menu (hit F key) to boot to USB drive? Hint: The second option is the correct one!

SteveSi, Nov 25, 2016
  13. Multiboot USB\HDD

Well sorry i thought i did.
    I am not getting BSOD but rather a freaze and a restart in the win7 logo screen when booting after installation (after first restart of installation). With no error number .
    I am looking at the link that u gave here and, while i do have efi folder with some files i do not have BOOTX64.EFI.
    ill try the instruction in the link and see what comes up

Microsover, Nov 25, 2016
  14. SteveSi Win User
    OK, but I don't quite understand.
    You said the system was an old one, so it won't support UEFI will it?
    Also, can you look at the contents of your win7 custom ISO - does it have any of these files
    /setup.exe
    /sources/install.wim
    /sources/install.esd
    /sources/setup.exe
    If not then it might explain the problem with E2B...

SteveSi, Nov 25, 2016
  15. That is correct.
    I do have those files and the installation goes smoothly from E2B.
    The problem is, as much as i understand, that in order to install windows 7 u need a USB helper OR convert to imgPTN file.
    I choose the latter and converted to imgPTN. Also i have a custom wim file so my ISO is ~6GB so FAT32 wont work, so i choose the NTFS convertion.
    Now, in theory everything should work smoothly on UEFI and none-UEFI machines, am i correct?

Microsover, Nov 25, 2016
Thema:

Multiboot USB\HDD

1. Multiboot USB\HDD - Similar Threads - Multiboot USBHDD

2. Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine: I have 4 hard drives in my system. Windows 10 is installed on the last drive. When I try to boot into Windows 10, it state it can't find windows\system\winloader.exe.I tried recovery disk and it states it can't repair.I booted into Windows 7 which is on a different hard...
  3. Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine: I have 4 hard drives in my system. Windows 10 is installed on the last drive. When I try to boot into Windows 10, it state it can't find windows\system\winloader.exe.I tried recovery disk and it states it can't repair.I booted into Windows 7 which is on a different hard...
  4. Windows 10 won't boot after cloning HDD to SSD - multiboot system, other systems boot fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiboot system audio problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiboot system audio problem: Hello everyone,I have used multiboot - Dual boot from Win 7 to 11 for at least 15 years with no issues I Separated work related system and Apps from Games.For Audio I Use an older External Audio Card, M-Audio Firewire 410 Which works great for all my Recording needs Midi,...
  6. Multiboot system audio problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiboot system audio problem: Hello everyone,I have used multiboot - Dual boot from Win 7 to 11 for at least 15 years with no issues I Separated work related system and Apps from Games.For Audio I Use an older External Audio Card, M-Audio Firewire 410 Which works great for all my Recording needs Midi,...
  7. error 0xc0000225 -winload.exe missing after resized m2 multiboot disk?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    error 0xc0000225 -winload.exe missing after resized m2 multiboot disk?: so i tried to resize the 3rd partition by taking the space from the last partition, but now i only get this error and only the F9 option on the light blue Recovery screen boots me to the 2nd partition(win7), but why did the resize even fail and how could i get it back working...
  8. Compatibility of UWP applications between operating systems multiboot, not different/older...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Compatibility of UWP applications between operating systems multiboot, not different/older...: First off, I have 3 OS's, Windows 10 21H1 on boot drive, Xubuntu 20.04 OS on boot drive, home partition on game drive, and an OS that changes a lot, right now it is an insider preview build of Windows 11 on game drive. Feel free to ignore the Linux install. In short, my boot...
  9. Ventoy Multiboot USB Creator Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ventoy Multiboot USB Creator Error: Hello!There is a errorWhen I clicked the install button in ventoy it shows me a blue screen then I restart my computer then I put a iso file then try reboot for testing it my computer then my computer was bootable but after boot it shows me a blue screen. I then fix the issue...
  10. multiboot- not working well after upgrade to win10 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    multiboot- not working well after upgrade to win10 20H2: I have a multi boot system with win10 win7 and xp.The bootloader? was working fine as i could choose which program to run after startup.The update to win10 version 20H2 OS build 19042.928 seemed to go ok except not I get the windows symbol but no dots in a circle. I have to...