Windows 10: Multiline TextBox Issue in Windows 10 1809

Discus and support Multiline TextBox Issue in Windows 10 1809 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After installing Windows 10 1809, the last visible line in the Windows Form TextBox is truncated vertically. Repro Steps: 1. Create a winforms... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ilia Vorobyov, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Multiline TextBox Issue in Windows 10 1809

After installing Windows 10 1809, the last visible line in the Windows Form TextBox is truncated vertically.

Repro Steps:

1. Create a winforms application with a textbox control.

2.Setting the multiline is true.

3 .Re-size the textbox controls

Actual Results:

the last visible line in the Windows Form TextBox is truncated vertically. See details in the repro gif.

Expected results: the last visible line was either displayed completely or not displayed. (Using 1803)

See details in the repro gif. Multiline TextBox Issue in Windows 10 1809 9499cf05-4cac-41ad-b919-f64bcbb8bca9?upload=true.gif Multiline TextBox Issue in Windows 10 1809 28b0ab02-8cf8-4987-8f5f-bc32bed3e34c?upload=true.gif

:)

Ilia Vorobyov, Jun 20, 2019
  2. stephen88 Win User

Issue with using 'return key' in multiline textbox

When I use multiline textbox, I got strange behavier, when I type the 'enter' key, instead of going to next line, the textbox expand to whole form area, still editable, then return key works, and I see two buttons showed below the form: Done and Cancel,
    push either one, textbox will back to original shape and size (and if type 'return' key, will expand again), seems 'return' key trigers the textbox internal event, pop up a default form, and whatever I set the acceptsReturn property 'true' or 'false' for textbox,
    it functions same.

I use visual studio 8 as development tool, and windows mobile 6 standard emulator, can somebody give me a suggestion?

Thanks.

stephen88, Jun 20, 2019
  3. CVSU Win User
    Windows 10 bug with VB6 textboxes where the multiline property is set to 'True' and Windows 10 is in Tablet Mode

The title should be self explanatory but when:

- Windows 10 is in Tablet Mode

- VB6 application either compiled or in the IDE

- any textbox control where the multiline property is set to 'true'

The textbox always appears with a height of one line.

Has anyone encountered this problem, and is there a work-around?

Thanks

4. CVSU Win User

Multiline TextBox Issue in Windows 10 1809

Windows 10 bug with VB6 textboxes where the multiline property is set to 'True' and Windows 10 is in Tablet Mode

Thank you Jenith. I have posted the problem in MSDN forums. However, this does not seem to be a VB problem. It only occurs in Windows 10 and only when Windows 10 Tablet Mode is on. A textbox functions normally when Tablet Mode is off and in all other versions
    of Windows.

Thema:

Multiline TextBox Issue in Windows 10 1809

1. Multiline TextBox Issue in Windows 10 1809 - Similar Threads - Multiline TextBox Issue

2. Windows 11 everything is a "textbox"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 everything is a "textbox": On my colleagues laptop everything is a non-editable textbox.The "edit text" cursor is showing on everything, Chrome, System Settings, Outlook, you can click on anything and place the edit text cursor as if you can type, but you can't actually type anything if you push...
  3. Unable to type in Windows 10 TextBox's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to type in Windows 10 TextBox's: I'm not sure if older posts get archived or something but I posted an issue regarding the incapability of typing inside of Microsoft TextBox's. Here's the post on it:Restarting PC makes Windows 10 Frames Unresponsive to typing - Microsoft CommunityI've found a temporary...
  4. Unable to type in Windows 10 TextBox's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to type in Windows 10 TextBox's: I'm not sure if older posts get archived or something but I posted an issue regarding the incapability of typing inside of Microsoft TextBox's. Here's the post on it:Restarting PC makes Windows 10 Frames Unresponsive to typing - Microsoft CommunityI've found a temporary...
  5. Unable to type in Windows 10 TextBox's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 1809 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 issue: Hi, In October 2018, I got an update of 1809 windows 10 version in my dell laptop inspiron 14R. It automatically updated to new update and asked me for restart for feature update. I finished my work and restarted my laptop. It finished installing updates and laptop switched...
  7. 3D Paint Textbox Moving By Itself Issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    3D Paint Textbox Moving By Itself Issue: Is this some sort of joke? How can a set of people really take the time to work on a program that is so limited and broken actually ridiculous, I hope every single member who works for a 3D paint team is fired after seeing how broken their program is watch the video below and...
  8. Windows 10 1809 backup issues

Windows 10 1809 backup issues: turn off buildin OneDrive, google how to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1809-backup-issues/0cc96b04-9136-49e2-a8b1-2b0034015a48
  9. IPv6 issues Windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IPv6 issues Windows 10 1809: All my devices running other operating systems like IOS, Chrome OS, Linux all show IPV6 working just fine. The web sites that test for ipv6 also confirm this. When I look at my network devices on three Windows 10 1809 they all show a ipv6 connection, but fail to confirm this...
  10. Windows 10 Update 1809 Issue

Windows 10 Update 1809 Issue: Ok, I want to start this post saying I am heated but trying not to let it get to me as to make an informative and purposeful post. This evening I updated to Windows version 1809. I had heard from a friend that they added a night theme and a couple other features i was...