Windows 10: Multilingual system-wide spell-check

Discus and support Multilingual system-wide spell-check in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HelloI'm struggling to set the system-wide spell check on windows so that it accepts two languages. I'm using win 10 21H1 with display language set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Filip_3915, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Multilingual system-wide spell-check

HelloI'm struggling to set the system-wide spell check on windows so that it accepts two languages. I'm using win 10 21H1 with display language set to English. I have installed both English and Czech language packs in Settings\Time&Language\Language\Preferred Languages. However, when trying to use the spell-check in 3rd party apps for example Zotero, Todoist it still underlines with red every word written in Czech. Options highlight\auto-correct misspelled words are enabled in Settings\Devices\Typing and so is the option multilingual text suggestions. Curiously, if I enable text sugges

:)

Filip_3915, Jun 30, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows 10 spell check menu position

Dictionary file corruption is one of the possible reasons you're having challenges with spell checker. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you clear Spell Checking Dictionary on your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer, type %AppData%\Microsoft\Spelling into the address bar, and press
      Enter.
    • Open the folder for a language you want to customize (ex: en-US).
    • You can now clear the dic file.
    • When done, hit File in Notepad, click Save.
    After performing the steps above, let us know the results.

Dyan Rey, Jun 30, 2021
  3. System Spell Check

On my other Windows 10 computer, there is (pretty) universal spell-checking. A wiggly red line under suspect words, suggestions available. You know the idea. Also on this computer if I create a new User Account. But not in my main User Account.

The settings in Devices/Typing are correct. The requisite Registry keys are present. But no spell-check.

Is there an alternative to re-creating my entire user profile?

Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 Build 18363.535

Thanks.

exaltedwombat, Jun 30, 2021
  4. Multilingual system-wide spell-check

Spell check

Hello David,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to perform spell check. I would like to know that is the issue specific to some application or with all application.

If you are facing issue with the Office application then I would suggest you to refer the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

Check spelling and grammar

If issue is occurring while sending mail message then refer to the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

Check spelling in a Windows Mail message

Note: The article is for Windows Vista but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

Multilingual system-wide spell-check

1. Multilingual system-wide spell-check - Similar Threads - Multilingual system wide

2. Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed: Previously before the next cumulative update, I suspect, Windows 10 system-wide spell check was available for other than English languages. But now, if you go to settings, you will see that the ABC icon is only available for English language.I use WhatsApp extensively for my...
  3. Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed: Previously before the next cumulative update, I suspect, Windows 10 system-wide spell check was available for other than English languages. But now, if you go to settings, you will see that the ABC icon is only available for English language.I use WhatsApp extensively for my...
  4. spell check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spell check: When typing and I misspell a word and I right click on it to get the correct spelling it has stopped showing me choices. It has always given me several words to choose from and then pops them in when I make a choice. How do I get this feature back again?...
  5. Multilingual Spell Check in WhatsApp Desktop not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multilingual Spell Check in WhatsApp Desktop not working: Multilingual Spell Check works just fine everywhere else, including WhatsApp web in Chrome. I would like to use the Desktop App instead but the red lines are driving me crazy. It marks all words in Spanish and German as misspelled. Do you have any ideas on how I could make...
  6. Multilingual Spell Check in WhatsApp Desktop not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multilingual Spell Check in WhatsApp Desktop not working: Multilingual Spell Check works just fine everywhere else, including WhatsApp web in Chrome. I would like to use the Desktop App instead but the red lines are driving me crazy. It marks all words in Spanish and German as misspelled. Do you have any ideas on how I could make...
  7. Multilingual spell check

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multilingual spell check: Can not set-up spell check in two languages.Also Word does not highlight misspelled words. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multilingual-spell-check/6e03d8cb-98e7-4762-81a6-55e66ab1e2da
  8. System Spell Check

in Windows 10 Support
    System Spell Check: On my other Windows 10 computer, there is (pretty) universal spell-checking. A wiggly red line under suspect words, suggestions available. You know the idea. Also on this computer if I create a new User Account. But not in my main User Account. The settings in Devices/Typing...
  9. Spell Check

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Spell Check: Is spell check available in Word Pad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check/268af303-8218-4222-8446-e3887d89bf55"
  10. spell check

in Windows 10 Customization
    spell check: I went to documents , word pad and cant find spell check. a ideas? thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check/ad261a61-5836-4e22-a9fe-0d92381deb53