Windows 10: Multimedia Devices

Discus and support Multimedia Devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I sheepishly admit that for lo these many years, I have never paid much attention to the listing of "Multimedia Devices" in the "Devices and Printers"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimspy, Oct 12, 2019.

1. jimspy Win User

Multimedia Devices

I sheepishly admit that for lo these many years, I have never paid much attention to the listing of "Multimedia Devices" in the "Devices and Printers" listing under Control Panel. Now, however, it matters. I need to know exactly what these icons represent. I've always used the old school Windows Media Player, adding tracks to my library from a music folder either local or a defined network drive. What does one do with a Multimedia Device? Can someone point me to a help file that explains this?

:)

jimspy, Oct 12, 2019
  2. jl2509 Win User

2 of 3 computers in home network only show multimedia devices

Hi

OK I understand now, This is not an issue with devices appearing as media devices, it is an issue where devices are simply not appearing in the network list.

Where do you get the "access denied, contact your network manager"?

I would suggest updating to 1809 - 17763.253
    Just to ensure that you are at the latest release and updates installed.

As you will have found, there are many posts about this issue and unfortunately there are many proposed resolutions. Enabling SMB 1.0 and the Services listed below normally resolves the issue.

• Function Discovery Provider Host - Automatic
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication - Automatic
    • DNS Client - Automatic
    • SSDP Discovery - Automatic
    • UPnP Device Host - Automatic
    Older and non compatible devices need SMB 1.0 to be visible on the network and this would need to be enabled on all devices as well not just the PC you are describing.

To recap....

Can you see all devices in network devices as you would expect on the other PCs/Laptops?
    Can you ping the devices by IP and by Name? Can you access the PCs via command line \\PCName\Share
    ------
    If you have ensured SMB 1.0 is enabled, SMB Direct, as per the image image below

Multimedia Devices [​IMG]

Then I can only suggest corrupt registry settings.
    try running sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt to check for any integrity violations.

then try and force the settings again, try clearing the the SMB 1.0 and SMB Direct settings completely and restarting, then select them as per the image above followed by a restart.

Please post back with updates

jl2509, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Multimedia Controller and Multimedia Video Controller problem

Thanks for providing the screenshots, Nemanja. As what the device status, states, there are no drivers installed for the device so you need to manually search and download the driver for your multimedia controllers. To do that, the device's Hardware ID should
    be obtained first. Follow these steps:

• In Device Manager > Other devices, right-click the Multimedia Controller, then click
      Properties.
    • Click the Details tab.
    • Under Property, look for and select Hardware ids.
    • Copy the first item under Value. It serves as the Hardware ID.
    • Search for the device driver online using the Hardware ID and save it on your PC.
    • Do the same for the Multimedia Video Controller.

Once the drivers are saved, you may now go ahead and install or manually update the drivers for your Multimedia Controllers.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Multimedia Devices

Multimedia Controller and Multimedia Video Controller problem

Thanks for getting back, Nemanja. Since only Windows 7 driver is available, you can still try installing those drivers in compatibility mode. Please download the Windows 7 drivers for your
    Multimedia Controller and Multimedia Video Controller, save it to your desktop, and install it in compatibility mode.

To install it, follow these steps:

• Right-click the driver file, click Troubleshoot compatibility.
    • Click Troubleshoot program.
    • Check the box that says The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now, then hit
      Next.
    • Click on Windows 7, then hit Next.
    • Click Test the program.
    • If you're asked for a permission to install and allow the driver manufacturer to make changes to your PC, just allow it so the drivers will be installed.

Once installed, try checking your Device Manager and check if both multimedia controllers no longer appear under Other devices.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Multimedia Devices

1. Multimedia Devices - Similar Threads - Multimedia Devices

2. My multimedia devicesUSER-PC are grayed out in Devices and Printers and Device Managers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My multimedia devicesUSER-PC are grayed out in Devices and Printers and Device Managers: How can i enable this thing, because if i did not enable it, my internet connection and camera will also grayed out in device manager, and i will lost internet connection and camera is not detectable, how can i, i really need to fix this thing as soon as possible....
  3. How to clear "Multimedia Devices" in Device and Printers folder?

How to clear "Multimedia Devices" in Device and Printers folder?: I have 200 bluetooth devices because of some weird bug. They're all offline. How do I delete them all *at once*? I get the option to delete a device only when I choose it individually. When I select them all, a "Remove Device" after right clicking them isn't available......
  4. Digital Media Renderers showing up under Multimedia Devices?

Digital Media Renderers showing up under Multimedia Devices?: I'm not sure which category this should go under, so I apologize if this isn't the best spot for it, but here goes... I've noticed that in Devices and Printers on my laptop, under Multimedia Devices, I have four semi-transparent representations of my computer, using the name...
  5. Digital Media Renderers showing up under Multimedia Devices?

in Windows 10 Support
    Digital Media Renderers showing up under Multimedia Devices?: I'm not sure which category this should go under, so I apologize if this isn't the best spot for it, but here goes... I've noticed that in Devices and Printers on my laptop, under Multimedia Devices, I have four semi-transparent representations of my computer, using the name...
  6. Removing Multimedia Devices in Bulk

Removing Multimedia Devices in Bulk: hi there, this is a multi question i am hoping to get a permanent solution to... so is there a way to 1/ remove these 210 multimedia devices as a bulk eg 100 at a time or ultimately all bar 4 at once?? 2/ stop these from coming back??? i dont know what this devices is or...
  7. Multiple Duplicate Multimedia devices

Multiple Duplicate Multimedia devices: I have searched the web and searched Microsoft answers which was completely useless about my issue that a number of people seem ot be sharing. I have had well over 100 duplicate media devices, namely my smart TV. I have deleted them tididouly several times and they come back...
  8. multimedia devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    multimedia devices: Hello I have here two devices on the network, connected by cable to the router, which are recognized again in win 10 every time I turn on the computer. would be: DLNA-Player-MediaCenter and NET they were recognized only once in win 7 check it out: [ATTACH] Is there a...
  9. how to delete all multimedia devices?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete all multimedia devices?: [ATTACH] it may be a share problem in LAN. 1.how to stop automatic add unknown devices? 2.it can be delete one by one,how to delete all devices in convenient ways?it affect me to use bluetooth devices. thanks for answer my question!...
  10. 2 of 3 computers in home network only show multimedia devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 of 3 computers in home network only show multimedia devices: Since some time two out of three computers in my home network only show multimedia devices including the two other computers. All the permissions in home sharing are correct for connection without password. The shared folders can be accessed by anyone. What is wrong? 125756