Windows 10: Multimonitor scaled text blurry

Discus and support Multimonitor scaled text blurry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 recently, and I got greeted with the probably oldest win10 problem: DPI scaled text is blurry. I did a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xerces8, Jan 6, 2020.

1. xerces8 Win User

Multimonitor scaled text blurry

Hi!

I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 recently, and I got greeted with the probably oldest win10 problem: DPI scaled text is blurry.

I did a clean install, version is 1909.

My monitors are:
    1: 1920x1080 , scaling: 150%
    2: 2560x1440 , scaling: 125%
    3: 1920x1200 , scaling: 100% (this one is marked as "main display")

On monitor 3 many apps are blurry, see screenshot:

Multimonitor scaled text blurry [​IMG]

As it can be seen, Explorer is all blurry, notepad is OK and Device Manage has normal window name, but the rest of it is blurry.

I did some googleing and found that the only way to make it non blurry is to have the same scaling on all monitors. Is that true? Or is there a way to make it good with different DPI on different monitor (because they actually have different DPI and with same scaling some would either show everything too tiny or too big).

:)

xerces8, Jan 6, 2020

2. Display Scaling Blurry text when using multiple monitors. Blurry text affects secondary monitor that has no scaling.

When using Scaling on my primary monitor for example 125%, text on my secondary monitor becomes blurry with some applications.

My primary monitor is a 32" HP Omen 2560x1440 and my secondary monitor is 24" Asus 1920x1080.

I've managed to capture the blurry text as a screenshot from the same secondary monitor that should not have any scaling applied.

Steps to replicate.

Set primary monitor to 125% scaling (32" HP Omen 2560x1440).

Windows 10 > Settings > System > Display > Scale and Layout > 125%

Secondary monitor (24" 1920x1080) should be at default 100%.

Sign Out to confirm scale changes.

Open Control Panel classic and change View By to Small Items.

Move Control Panel window to secondary monitor.

Results

Primary monitor scaled 125%.

Control Panel items viewed on Secondary Monitor that should have no scaling.

Text is blurry !

Multimonitor scaled text blurry 7427eaae-dc55-4b55-b3f9-74857498ed37.png

Primary monitor scaled 100% (default)

Control Panel items again viewed on Secondary Monitor.

No issues with text.

Multimonitor scaled text blurry f80aae1f-bcde-42c7-a674-c237bfd254ab.png

***Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC***

Jon Weston, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Blurry text on Chrome and Firefox browser (DPI Scaling) on Windows 10

Original Title: Blurry text on Chrome and Firefox browser (DPI Scaling)

Hi guys,

I recently purchase Lenovo Yoga 2 pro with windows 8.1 and connected my pro link monitor 2217WE-D as an extended display.

I set my laptop display resolution 3200x1800 (max) and Scaling 150%

Similarly, Set the monitor 1920x1080 (max) and Scaling 100%.

It worked well...Everything was perfect. Texts were sharp and clear

The problem occurred after I upgraded to Windows 10.

My laptop display is perfectly fine with 3200x1800+150% Scaling.

But, In monitor, some apps, like Chrome and Firefox texts look very blurry. If I set the Scaling level to 125%, everything is clear. But I did not like it because texts are too big which I do not like. I want to keep my monitor zoom level 100%.

If I disable "DPI Scaling" in Compatibility options, Both Chrome and Firefox enlarge themselves to 125% automatically. As said, I do not like very big texts.

I updated Graphics driver, But it didn't help.

Is there any suggestions? Thanks

Friendly,

Chandra

ChandraPrabu, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Benjamin Win User

Windows 10 scaling and blurriness issue

A day ago, I suddenly started noticing blurry text & images on my screen, as well as weird scaling issues.

First of all, here is how my status bar and windows look like:

Multimonitor scaled text blurry DB1Zw.png

Multimonitor scaled text blurry M3rbH.png

(notice the battery icon, in particular).

All the texts now look different and blurry: in my browser, in terminals, everywhere.

In the browser, websites look different, smaller. To be sure this wasn't just an illusion, I measured a columned layout. Even though the browser scaling is set to 100%, when developer tools report a 1200px wide column, if I take a screenshot and paste it in Photoshop, I can see that it's actually only 970px wide.

I had a look at this question: Windows 10 Font blurry 125% scaling but the suggestions didn't really help:

• setting a custom scaling level of 125% does seem to fix the browser scaling issue, but it scales the status bar and other things to a scale that I was not used to (so this was not my previous value, for sure); also, why would I need to set 125% to make a pixel be 1px wide?
    • checking "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" on every application is really not a solution

What could be the cause of this sudden change and how to revert it?

Benjamin, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Multimonitor scaled text blurry - Similar Threads - Multimonitor scaled text

2. blurry on 125% scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blurry on 125% scaling: HeyWhen im on my native resolution the apps and texts are too small. When i change to 125% scaling the text and apps are perfect size but it's blurry, any help please?I have tried a resolution lower but its blurry aswell...
  3. blurry on 125% scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blurry on 125% scaling: HeyWhen im on my native resolution the apps and texts are too small. When i change to 125% scaling the text and apps are perfect size but it's blurry, any help please?I have tried a resolution lower but its blurry aswell...
  4. blurry text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blurry text: Bonjour,when I put scale at 115%in settings system>screen, a lot of text becomes to be blurry.. Here are 3 screenshots. With windows 10 I didn't have this problem.How could i fix that please? My graphic card is a nvidia rtx 2060. thanks...
  5. blurry text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blurry text: Bonjour,when I put scale at 115%in settings system>screen, a lot of text becomes to be blurry.. Here are 3 screenshots. With windows 10 I didn't have this problem.How could i fix that please? My graphic card is a nvidia rtx 2060. thanks...
  6. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry text: HiAMD Ryzen 5 5600u intergrated graphicsI have a lenovo ideapad 5 pro and when i run some programs, the text appears to be blurry and some other programs does not have this problem. i've set all my display scaling and resolution to windows recommended and it still does not...
  7. Text scaling / Blurry font

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text scaling / Blurry font: Hey guys, I assembled a new machine and in the fresh W10 install I'm having some blurry font issues, it's weird because I had the same settings (125%) in the previous install and it didn't happen. It only seems to happen in some dialogs, always on software installers...
  8. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry text: When I am opening some third-party apps and some inbuilt settings, I am seeing blurry text like a person without his spectacles would see. Can anybody help me with this problem. I am currently using a Lenovo Ideapad slim 3. Also I am facing this problem only at few places....
  9. Windows 10, different scaling level+ no blurry text?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, different scaling level+ no blurry text?: Hi, i'm (as many of you guys, as i can see on those forums) experiencing DPI-Awareness issues on my brand new laptop. I'm running windows 10 and thanks to those forums, i was able to partitialy fix it. All of those solutions, i could find here, worked for me (custom scaling...
  10. Blurry text

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text: Hello everyone *Smile I’m running the latest, leaked, Windows 10 10147 build and everything works fine on my system. There is one thing though I have observed since the beginning, meaning in earlier builds, as well. And that is blurry text on some Windows components like...