Windows 10: Multimonitor setup crashes at random.

Discus and support Multimonitor setup crashes at random. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, it's hard to explain but here goes nothing.Hardware :Windows 10 21H2: 19044.1466Everything has the latest drivers/updates.i9 9900K Non OC. -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SilencE.., Jan 12, 2022.

1. SilencE.. Win User

Multimonitor setup crashes at random.

Hello, it's hard to explain but here goes nothing.Hardware :Windows 10 21H2: 19044.1466Everything has the latest drivers/updates.i9 9900K Non OC. - Noctua NH-D15 ~33c idle / ~67 load.Asus Maximus Hero IX Z390 motherboard latest bios32GB DDR4 - 3000Mhz 2 x 16GB - Windows Memory diagnostic and Memcheck OK!RTX2080 ~80c under load.TempAll screens connected with DP1 x Samsung CH34H890W2 x Samsung C27JG5xAll drives checked: No Errors/smart OK1TB NVME bootdisk Windows512GB NVME trash drive2 x 1TB Sata SSD games4 x 8TB Sata HDD Data Storage The problem is this : Sometimes my main screen

:)

SilencE.., Jan 12, 2022
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 12, 2022
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Jan 12, 2022
Thema:

1. Multimonitor setup crashes at random. - Similar Threads - Multimonitor setup crashes

2. Multimonitor sleep settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multimonitor sleep settings: In a multimonitor system, I would like to be able to put 2 monitors to sleep while keeping the third awake. Computer will still be active to show something on the third screen. Please don't misunderstand me. I mean that when I don't use the mouse or the keyboard for a while,...
  3. Multimonitor sleep settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multimonitor sleep settings: In a multimonitor system, I would like to be able to put 2 monitors to sleep while keeping the third awake. Computer will still be active to show something on the third screen. Please don't misunderstand me. I mean that when I don't use the mouse or the keyboard for a while,...
  4. Rightmost taskbar icons inaccessible with multimonitor setup, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rightmost taskbar icons inaccessible with multimonitor setup, Windows 11: I have many taskbar icons.I also have multiple external monitors, and the taskbar icons are repeated on each monitor.My external monitors are wider than my native laptop screen, so there are more taskbar icons displayed on my external monitors than on my laptop screen.The...
  5. Rightmost taskbar icons inaccessible with multimonitor setup, Windows 11

Rightmost taskbar icons inaccessible with multimonitor setup, Windows 11: I have many taskbar icons.I also have multiple external monitors, and the taskbar icons are repeated on each monitor.My external monitors are wider than my native laptop screen, so there are more taskbar icons displayed on my external monitors than on my laptop screen.The...
  6. Multimonitor setup crashes at random.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multimonitor setup crashes at random.: Hello, it's hard to explain but here goes nothing.Hardware :Windows 10 21H2: 19044.1466Everything has the latest drivers/updates.i9 9900K Non OC. - Noctua NH-D15 ~33c idle / ~67 load.Asus Maximus Hero IX Z390 motherboard latest bios32GB DDR4 - 3000Mhz 2 x 16GB - Windows...
  7. Multimonitor setup crashes at random.

Multimonitor setup crashes at random.: Hello, it's hard to explain but here goes nothing.Hardware :Windows 10 21H2: 19044.1466Everything has the latest drivers/updates.i9 9900K Non OC. - Noctua NH-D15 ~33c idle / ~67 load.Asus Maximus Hero IX Z390 motherboard latest bios32GB DDR4 - 3000Mhz 2 x 16GB - Windows...
  8. Night Light multimonitor!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light multimonitor!: Hi all, I have two monitor setup on my desktop with a third virtual monitor duping my primary screen thru a capture card on another streaming pc the two physical monitors are as follows: Monitor #1primary: ViewSonic 32 inch 4k hdr10 monitor running at 1080p no hdr most...
  9. Multimonitor fullscreen issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multimonitor fullscreen issue: Hi, When using the Windows 10 Netflix app or Edge watching full screen i can't get it to stay there all the time while i'm doing other things on my other monitors. i have 3 monitors usually watching a movie or YouTube clip on edge/Netflix and doing other thing on the other...
  10. Graphical glitches with multimonitor setup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphical glitches with multimonitor setup: Hello! Today, I got a new monitor to add to my setup. After setting up the monitor, I noticed my old main monitor (now my secondary) has strange glitches. My monitors: Main: BenQ XL2420T @ 1920x180 145Hz on GTX 760 Secondary: Samsung T24C350 @ 1920x1080 60Hz on GTX...