Windows 10: Multiple Account duplicates in settings

Discus and support Multiple Account duplicates in settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/-N0N4M3_0815- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gmujml/multiple_account_duplicates_in_settings/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-N0N4M3_0815-, May 19, 2020.

1. Multiple Account duplicates in settings

/u/-N0N4M3_0815-, May 19, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, May 19, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 19, 2020
  4. Multiple Account duplicates in settings

Saving Multiple Display Settings

Hello Mike,

You can change the default display settings from Display
    settings
    . Make sure that you're on the main screen before following the steps below.

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings > System > Display.
    • Set Multiple displays to Duplicate these displays.
    • Click Keep changes to save the changes.
    Keep us posted.

Devlin Sco, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Multiple Account duplicates in settings

1. Multiple Account duplicates in settings - Similar Threads - Multiple Account duplicates

2. Multiple duplicate hostname entry in AD ,How to enable setting in AD for duplicate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple duplicate hostname entry in AD ,How to enable setting in AD for duplicate...: We have found multiple duplicate hostname entries in our AD environment, we want to enable the setting for our AD environment when we join any PC in the domain if a hostname exists in AD it prompts a message hostname already can you suggest how to enable SID for a unique...
  3. Multiple duplicate hostname entry in AD ,How to enable setting in AD for duplicate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple duplicate hostname entry in AD ,How to enable setting in AD for duplicate...: We have found multiple duplicate hostname entries in our AD environment, we want to enable the setting for our AD environment when we join any PC in the domain if a hostname exists in AD it prompts a message hostname already can you suggest how to enable SID for a unique...
  4. Multiple duplicate hostname entry in AD ,How to enable setting in AD for duplicate...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. multiple duplicates of pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple duplicates of pictures: how to delete multiple duplicates of pictures in multiple folders fast and easily https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-duplicates-of-pictures/e372eafd-75fe-46ab-b798-c908284d04fd
  6. multiple duplicates of pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multiple duplicates of pictures: how to delete multiple duplicates of pictures in multiple folders fast and easily https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-duplicates-of-pictures/e372eafd-75fe-46ab-b798-c908284d04fd
  7. Duplicate account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate account: Hi All,I’ve just changed my bios to uefi and all running well on my Windows 10 pro except when I boot up at the login I have 2 accounts in my name, see images, I sign in to my account and when I try to find and delete the duplicate there isn’t any other accounts either in...
  8. Multiple Monitors Duplicate

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multiple Monitors Duplicate: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.844 On Dell Laptop with Dell Docking Station. Two Monitors using HDMI input, one from laptop and 2nd one from Docking Station. When I select DUPLICATE on 2 and 3 it only Duplicates on 2 and on 3 it Extends. [img] 175399
  9. Multiple Monitors Duplicate

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Monitors Duplicate: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.844 On Dell Laptop with Dell Docking Station. Two Monitors using HDMI input, one from laptop and 2nd one from Docking Station. When I select DUPLICATE on 2 and 3 it only Duplicates on 2 and on 3 it Extends. [img] 175399
  10. Duplicate account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate account: Hi I have accidentally duplicated my Windows account; I now have set up two accounts on my PC with almost the same user name but the same Outlook address for both. Now on Startup I get both my names showing. The most recent one has no files associated with it and I would like...