Windows 10: Multiple Active Private Networks

Discus and support Multiple Active Private Networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; First of all I have been having trouble with printing. Usually I have to uninstall my printer and re-install it to print over the network. Today even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jckatz, Jul 24, 2016.

1. jckatz Win User

Multiple Active Private Networks

First of all I have been having trouble with printing. Usually I have to uninstall my printer and re-install it to print over the network. Today even that didn't work. I discovered my HOME NETWORK was NOW public network AGAIN.... Thanks Windows 10. Anyways, fixed it again using REG EDIT (only method I've found to work). And still couldn't find my NETWORKED COMPUTER let alone a printer.

In the end I just ended up typing the NETWORK name in and it said INVALID network YET PRINTED..... LOVELY!

Long story short printer IS working but I noticed THIS and didn't know if it was related to all my troubles,

Multiple Active Private Networks [​IMG]

I do not have any network connections called DIRECT-MULaptopMADH

Any help explaining this even if it isn't the cause of my troubles is greatly appreciated.

:)

jckatz, Jul 24, 2016
  2. Simkyn.C Win User

how do you change a network from public to private?

This link gives multiple options in order to change from public to private depending on the type of network you need to change:

How to Set Network Location to be Public or Private in Windows 10

Hope that helps.

Simkyn.C, Jul 24, 2016
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    VPN (Virtual Private Networking)

Hi Julio,

A virtual private network extends a private network across a public network or internet. It enables users to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if their computing devices were directly connected to the private network.

Always On

Always On is a new feature in Windows 10 which enables the active VPN profile to connect automatically on the following triggers:

• User sign-on
    • Network change
    When a device has multiple profiles with Always On triggers, the user can specify the active profile in
    Settings > Network & Internet > VPN >
    VPN profile > Let apps automatically use this VPN connection.

You may also refer the link below for more information.

VPN.

For further queries I suggest you to post in
    TechNet forum.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 24, 2016
  4. Multiple Active Private Networks

Uninstall Wireless card from device manager.. (dont check delete software) and reboot.
    Please send a screen of Network connection window.. (run>>ncpa.cpl)

manish9009, Jul 27, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    If it is a mapped network printer, go into System and turn off "Let windows manage my default printer" under the devices section. Uninstalling and reinstalling, will place ghosts of the old drivers.

bro67, Jul 27, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    That is not going to fix their problem. It is how Windows 10 discovers network devices like printers.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Multiple Active Private Networks

1. Multiple Active Private Networks - Similar Threads - Multiple Active Private

2. Private network security

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Private network security: I recently did a clean install of 19042 on an old laptop to clean out years of leftover garbage, but getting it tied back into my private home network was a problem. Only 1 of the other 4 systems on the network could access drives on the laptop. I consistently got the "You do...
  3. Private network conundrum

Private network conundrum: I have 4 computers on a Windows 10 private network. Let's refer to them as A,B,C and D where D is the culprit a laptop in this case. Computers A,B and C can all see each on the network. Computer A can see D but B and C cannot see D. I have updated Windows on D to the...
  4. joining a private network

joining a private network: I am running Windows 10. We have a private network that worked fine until Nov 2nd. I started not getting email to download to Outlook. I called my ISP to find out what the problem was. It turns out that I am not on the private network therefore the emails cannot get to...
  5. Public or Private Network

Public or Private Network: Hello, May I ask: Should a home PC user select (from their network properties) the Public or Private Network Option? I don't want my PC to be viewed or discoverable by any neighbors in the WiFi Network. I will not be file sharing. Just simply want security. Thanks...
  6. private network setting

private network setting: i can not open but i see my private folder on my network (i can open public folder only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/private-network-setting/8690d8e2-4dad-4da2-be83-4f06942f6eab
  7. Shared Printer on a Private Network w/ Multiple Users

Shared Printer on a Private Network w/ Multiple Users: Hey there, So as the title suggests I have multiple laptops connected to a Private Network, along with the printers we're using. The printers aren't shared, they're accessed separately by each individual laptop. What I'm trying to accomplish is to have my laptop share all...
  8. Private Network

Private Network: Can I still browse the internet if I set my network status to Private? It is currently on Public. I have a second PC that I want to be able to share files and devices. I am assuming is that sharing on public network is more problematic from a security point of view...
  9. ethernet private network

ethernet private network: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] What happen? เกิดอะไรขึ้น เราควรแก้ไขยั https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-private-network/2a07eab8-c986-44af-8ddc-4f3739420e53
  10. Virtual Private Network

Virtual Private Network: Hi, Is there a way to determine if I have a VPN installed. I did not install one. Yet, I see these switches on: Settings > Network and internet > VPN Allow VPN connections over metered networks - on Allow VPN to connect while Roaming. - on I don't see any VPN...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why multiple active private networks