Windows 10: Multiple and unneeded boot devices on Metro Bootloader

Discus and support Multiple and unneeded boot devices on Metro Bootloader in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For some reason EasyBCD did not detect the BIOS was using EFI booting and created a legacy BCD. I don't think EasyBCD ever created/detected the real... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rogerwilco91, Feb 22, 2016.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

Multiple and unneeded boot devices on Metro Bootloader

For some reason EasyBCD did not detect the BIOS was using EFI booting and created a legacy BCD. I don't think EasyBCD ever created/detected the real BCD bios was booting from.

Were you using the latest version of EasyBCD, which is 2.3.0.207?

NavyLCDR, Feb 22, 2016

2. That could be the answer. However, I would posit by saying that EasyBCD did present me with the message that I am running an EFI based machine and that some of EasyBCD's features might be restricted:

Multiple and unneeded boot devices on Metro Bootloader [​IMG]

rogerwilco91, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Multiple and unneeded boot devices on Metro Bootloader

1. Multiple and unneeded boot devices on Metro Bootloader - Similar Threads - Multiple unneeded boot

2. Bootloader

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootloader: Hello I tried to create a USB external SSD portable Ubuntu. I followed the online instructions so as not to affect my bootloader. Guess what, it affected my bootloader . Without doing a clean install is there a way to restore the bootloader which is relatively...
  3. Cant boot into BIOS or BOOTLOADER

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant boot into BIOS or BOOTLOADER: I cant boot into my BIOS or BOOTLOADER anymore, dont know why, when i press DELETE (which is my BIOS button) i get a blank screen and the computer doesnt seem to go past POST - same with F12 any ideas? i have win10 1909 CPU i5 ivy bridge (v3) 12Gb RAM Samsung SSD Gigabyte...
  4. HELP!!! Can't boot windows, no bootloader.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP!!! Can't boot windows, no bootloader.: I tried to install Arch Linux today. Because of stupid reasons I can't create a bootable partition on my SSD so I can't create a Linux install. I previously dual booted windows with Ubuntu, so now my Ubuntu install is gone I have no bootloader, as it previously used grub. I...
  5. Metro Bootloader

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Metro Bootloader: I just did a dual boot with windows 10 and windows 7 and all I get is the black and white bootloader. Before I partitioned my drive and installed windows 7 I had the Metro bootloader with my windows 10 and Macrium Reflect but after installing windows 7 on the new partition...
  6. Bootloader issues with multi-boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootloader issues with multi-boot: I'm trying to dual-boot Win 10 (64-bit) and WinXP (32-bit). If I try to go to WinXP, the entire system just restarts, then restarts once more when I get back into the bootloader. I tried using Dual Boot Repair, but all it did was add a redundant item to my bootloader menu....
  7. Help getting Metro Boot Screen Back

in Windows 10 Support
    Help getting Metro Boot Screen Back: Help! I've tried everything I know to get the Metro (blue) boot screen back, but all I get is the old 7-style B/W screen. I've done the BCDEDIT stuff (bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard), SFC /SCANNOW, re-booted back and forth 10 to 8.1 back to 10. Very annoying!...
  8. Automatic boot using the UFEI bootloader

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic boot using the UFEI bootloader: How can I configure Win 10 to automatically use the UFEI OS bootloader rather than the default Windows (BIOS) bootloader? 68207
  9. Problems with bootloader in multi-boot setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with bootloader in multi-boot setup: Hello, all. I'm triple-booting (or trying to) on two hard drives: one has XP (32-bit) and 10 (64-bit) and one has Ubuntu 15.04 (64-bit). If I try to boot into XP, my whole system restarts. When I try to go back to Windows bootloader, my system restarts a second time....
  10. Metro bootloader not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Metro bootloader not working.: I have a dual boot system, 7x64 pro and 10x64 pro. Everything works fine if I use the Legacy bootloader. If I switch it to the metro bootloader, using EasyBCD, the system boots directly into W10 without ever showing a bootloader screen. [img] Anyone have a clue how to...