Windows 10: Multiple applications crash 0xc0000005

Discus and support Multiple applications crash 0xc0000005 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Multiple different applications crash and tell me '0xc0000005 caused an Access Violation' and it can be reading or writing it will crash on. I first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gnasher155, Jul 10, 2023.

1. Multiple applications crash 0xc0000005

Multiple different applications crash and tell me '0xc0000005 caused an Access Violation' and it can be reading or writing it will crash on. I first noticed it was Unity games were crashing and then found out Minecraft Java would but no where near as much. I did at one point see Firefox had crashed from it as well in Event Viewer so it is crashing anything it can. I have found that one of my games crashes pretty quickly from this error code and am using this quickest one as the benchmark to see if what i have changed fixed the problem, the game is 112 Operator Unity Engine. I have tried al

:)

Gnasher155, Jul 10, 2023

2. Applications Crashing With Error 0xc0000005

Hi, theDeadlyTeeth. I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem, and I hope I can assist you to find a satisfactory solution.

It's commendable that you've already gone through an extensive list of troubleshooting steps. However, there are a few additional suggestions you can consider:

Update other drivers: Apart from graphics drivers, ensure that other drivers, such as chipset, network, and audio drivers, are also up to date. Outdated or incompatible drivers can sometimes cause application crashes.

Check for conflicting software: Review the list of recently installed software or updates. Some applications or updates might conflict with the functioning of other programs, leading to crashes. Try uninstalling any recently added software and see if that resolves the issue.

Disable unnecessary startup programs: Certain applications running in the background at startup could potentially interfere with other software. Try disabling unnecessary startup programs using the Task Manager or a dedicated startup management tool.

Perform a malware scan: Malware or viruses can cause system instability and application crashes. Run a thorough scan using a reliable antivirus or anti-malware program to check for any malicious software.

Test in Safe Mode: Boot your computer into Safe Mode and check if the applications still crash. Safe Mode starts Windows with minimal drivers and services, which can help identify if any third-party software or drivers are causing the problem.

Contact application support: Reach out to the support teams of the affected applications. They might be aware of specific issues or conflicts that could be causing the crashes and could provide guidance or potential solutions.

ViniciusMU, Jul 10, 2023
  3. Ricko66 Win User
    Random apps and games crashes with error 0xc0000005 and blue screens

Since the end of July 2019 my apps and games (including windows services) have been crashing randomly, the windows event log lists these crashes with error 0xc0000005, here's an example for the game Verdun (other apps and games crash with the same error):

Faulting application name: Verdun.exe, version: 2019.2.4.15146, time stamp: 0x5d65bc48

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00003ffca4ea3081

Faulting process ID: 0x1760

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5859441ddbe1a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\WW1GameSeries\Verdun\Verdun.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report ID: 47476bd7-22fa-4760-b22b-07598c183ba1

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have also been having random blue screens with the errors PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

I have used windows Driver Verifier and I managed to get some blue screens that point to the clipsp.sys driver but I don't think the content of the blue screen contains everything meaningful.

The crashes do not seem to happen in Safe Mode.

In the past months I have tried almost everything:

• Clean boot
    • Updated windows to latest version
    • Used all tools to check integrity or corruption like sfc, chkdsk, ecc.
    • Clean reinstalled windows multiple times
    • Replaced RAM modules
    • Replaced motherboard
    The crashes still happen. Since I have no idea what is causing these crashes my next step will be replacing the CPU...

Ricko66, Jul 10, 2023
  4. DrZoo Win User

Multiple applications crash 0xc0000005

Various applications crashing, mostly from error 0xc0000005

KScorp, did you ever find any solution to this? I've been having the same problem for a while now. I too have the issue mostly when gaming (GTA5, BF4) I should try other games too. The crashing is pretty random as well. I thought I had it fixed today because I played GTA and BF4 for about 3 hours total with no crash. Then it suddenly crashed while I was in GTA5.

Things I have tried:
    • Run Memtest86, for over 24 hours. (Did this twice, no errors)
    • Microsoft Memory Diagnostic (No erros)
    • Tested all HDD's for bad sectors (all were good)
    • Uninstalled/reinstalled Nvidia drivers with DDU (still crashes)
    • Uninstalled Nvidia drivers again and moved GPU, a GTX 680, to different PCIe slot (still crashes)
    • Ran OCCT PSU test for 3 hours (nothing crashed)
    • Ran Driver Verifier to ensure driver integrity (ran for 16+ hours, no BSOD from misbehaving driver)

Things to try still:
    • Flash BIOS to updated version
    • Reinstall Windows 10 (this was happening with Windows 7 before fresh install/update to Win 10 so I don't think that was the issue)
    • Any other suggestions
    • Smash with hammer

DrZoo, Jul 10, 2023
Thema:

Multiple applications crash 0xc0000005

1. Multiple applications crash 0xc0000005 - Similar Threads - Multiple applications crash

2. Multiple applications crash 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple applications crash 0xc0000005: Multiple different applications crash and tell me '0xc0000005 caused an Access Violation' and it can be reading or writing it will crash on. I first noticed it was Unity games were crashing and then found out Minecraft Java would but no where near as much. I did at one point...
  3. Applications Crashing With Error 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications Crashing With Error 0xc0000005: Hello,I am about at my wits end. I have tried a billion things to fix this error and it will not go away. Things like Discord, Spotify, Steam, Word, even the Windows Search bar on the bottom left have crashed from this error.Things I've tried:Memtest86 - 4 passes 0 fails in 9...
  4. Applications Crashing With Error 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications Crashing With Error 0xc0000005: Hello,I am about at my wits end. I have tried a billion things to fix this error and it will not go away. Things like Discord, Spotify, Steam, Word, even the Windows Search bar on the bottom left have crashed from this error.Things I've tried:Memtest86 - 4 passes 0 fails in 9...
  5. Applications Crashing With Error 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Application error 0xc0000005

Application error 0xc0000005: During online class my screen became grey in colour. I waited for some time but still it was the same. Then i switched off my laptop by using the power button, and when i switched on it again, i couldn't connect to the internet and i can't open any application except "This...
  7. Application error 0xc0000005

Application error 0xc0000005: While opening Origin setup application. It shows an application error. The error code is 0xc0000005. I am getting this issue from last 2 months. I have formatted my pc a couple of times but the issue somehow not get resolved. I am getting frustrated with this. What to do...
  8. Application error 0xc0000005

Application error 0xc0000005: I have been getting this error for a while now, everytime I open any iso file, setup file, my cloud drive sync client, game emulator, geforce experience etc. This error pops up. This error first showed up after installing windows net framework and anti malware updates for...
  9. Application Error 0xc0000005 for everything

Application Error 0xc0000005 for everything: Hi All, I am facing application error 0xc0000005 for everything on laptop. I saw some fixes which ask me to 1. Open CMD. My CMD is not opening and giving me 'file system error -1073741819' 2. Right click on 'This PC' and select Properties. Not working Now, I have...
  10. Various applications crashing, mostly from error 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various applications crashing, mostly from error 0xc0000005: Hi! Various applications are crashing at seemingly random times. The most common culprits are video games (in my case, GTAV and JustCause2), but various windows executables also crash. The most common exception code which caused the crash is 0xc0000005. Other codes pop...