Windows 10: Multiple apps flash "(Not Responding)" at the top

Discus and support Multiple apps flash "(Not Responding)" at the top in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is the place to put this thread, but I couldn't figure out where else it goes. For a while, my Thinkpad T500 running Win10 has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by keedouobe, Apr 16, 2016.

1. keedouobe Win User

Multiple apps flash "(Not Responding)" at the top

I'm not sure if this is the place to put this thread, but I couldn't figure out where else it goes.

For a while, my Thinkpad T500 running Win10 has been acting up. Sometimes when prompted to open a file in a software, when you click the drop down menu (where you can change which file type you are looking for) everything will be unresponsive for a second before flashing back to how it was. That was't a very good explanation, but it's kind of hard to describe. I ran my laptop without my battery (using an adapter) and it worker better, so I know that my battery is a problem. But sometimes when I open an application, it will open, flash and flicker the Not Responding in the top bar next to the name of the program, and then it will open successfully. There's also times when my mouse will vigorously flicker between the busy icon and the normal icon.

I've also been having a problem with the battery icon disappearing from the dock after starting my computer. Each time I boot up the laptop I have to go to Control Panel > Device Manager > Batteries > Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and disable it then re-enable it.

I'm not sure which of these is a hardware problem and which are software problems, but I'm hoping someone could help me.

:)

keedouobe, Apr 16, 2016

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Apr 16, 2016
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Apr 16, 2016
Thema:

Multiple apps flash "(Not Responding)" at the top

1. Multiple apps flash "(Not Responding)" at the top - Similar Threads - Multiple apps flash

2. Multiple desk tops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple desk tops: I can create multiple desktops but they are all the same. What I do on the first desktop is the same as on the others. If I delete something off one, it deletes off all the others as well. I want to be able to assign each desktop to different uses. I was told I could use...
  3. Multiple desk tops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple desk tops: I can create multiple desktops but they are all the same. What I do on the first desktop is the same as on the others. If I delete something off one, it deletes off all the others as well. I want to be able to assign each desktop to different uses. I was told I could use...
  4. Multiple desk tops

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Top portion of file explorer not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Top portion of file explorer not responding: I open file explorer and everything works fine. Then I navigate to a folder and open a file and it will works correctly. Open a file, example and excel spreadsheet. When I skip back to file explorer, none of the buttons at the top work. File, home, share and view buttons....
  6. Top of window randomly flashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Top of window randomly flashing: You know what the top of a window looks like? Yeah, sometimes it just randomly flashes, and for about a few milliseconds, the top of the window kind of looks like windows 7. It's not a huge deal, but fixing it would be nice. Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1Nf1xAXrY0...
  7. Apps "Not Responding"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps "Not Responding": After an automatic update I wasn't able to print. A support person kindly had me remove a couple KB updates and install the latest Windows update and I was again able to print. HOWEVER, now all of my apps are slow, and after a few opens, saves, closes, each app fades and...
  8. Top Apps

in Cortana
    Top Apps: How can I edit Top Apps that appear when search is clicked on? At present it shows Kindle and Unistall Kindle, with others I do not use, one is corrupt with missing drivers. What/who decides what is displayed? What is the reason for this feature? Windows 10 version...
  9. Top Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Top Apps: One of my PC's decided to wipe itself a few days ago so I reinstalled the very latest version of Win 10 Home. One thing that interested me was the new search. For me at least all the changes are pointless. It smacks tremendously of a bunch of managers trying to come up...
  10. Screen top randomly starts flashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen top randomly starts flashing: Hello everybody! My laptop screen screen top starts flashing and it happens randomly. I noticed it when upgraded to windows 10. PC specs: CPU AMD A10 APU, RAM 8 GB, Storage 1TB The CPU is also a Graphics Card 53994