Windows 10: Multiple Audio Cards for Application Volume Modulation

Discus and support Multiple Audio Cards for Application Volume Modulation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I would like to use two separate audio cards, or an audio card with two separate channels to send output to an analog mixer. Would it work this way?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JacobK_658, May 11, 2020.

1. Multiple Audio Cards for Application Volume Modulation

I would like to use two separate audio cards, or an audio card with two separate channels to send output to an analog mixer. Would it work this way? Could I use multiple USB audio cards simultaneously for this purpose or would they have to be PCI- Express sound cards? I know what I am asking for is somewhat unconventional, but I would like to control volume of two different applications on a mixer. Thank for your assistance.

:)

JacobK_658, May 11, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Low Audio Volume when listening songs

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving this issue. Thank you for providing the detailed information. I understand that you get low audio level while playing songs.

Ideally, the level of audio depends on the type of the audio file that you are playing. However, I would suggest you to try using the Audio Enhancements, which will boost the audio level and help you get a better audio experience. Refer the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Under Playback tab, double click on the sound device that you are using.
    4. Click on Enhancements tab.
    5. Select the checkbox for Loudness Equalization.
    6. Click on OK.

If the issue persists, you may want to try updating the Audio drivers and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
    3. Right click on the Audio
      device
      and select Update Driver.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

You may also want to check the Audio levels for specific applications in the Volume Mixer. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on the Sound icon on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Select Open Volume Mixer.
    3. Now, adjust the Volume levels for the Applications as per your requirement.

Refer the screenshot below:

Multiple Audio Cards for Application Volume Modulation 5c89acd0-2ea3-4a5a-99cb-5f8c01a94726?upload=true.png

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 11, 2020
  3. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, May 11, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Multiple Audio Cards for Application Volume Modulation

No audio in 'Asphalt 7: Heat'

Hi Moezul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Does the audio work in other applications?

If you are not able to hear the audio in any applications. I would suggest to check with the steps below and see if it resolves your issue.

Steps:

1. Check if the audio driver is updated. Follow the steps mentioned in the article to update audio drivers.

Update drivers in Windows 10

2. The issue can occur if the appropriate playback device is not selected. Click the
      Sound icon (bottom right corner of the screen), click Playback device and select the appropriate device from the menu.
    3. Check the In-game audio settings to confirm if the sound is turned
      on.
    4. Check the Volume levels in the system's Volume Mixer to confirm that it is not turned
      off and the levels are appropriate. Right click on the Sound icon and select
      Open volume mixer. Adjust the settings as per your requirements.

If the audio issue is only with the game, I would suggest to get in touch with the
    game developer
    to get a confirmation on this.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Multiple Audio Cards for Application Volume Modulation

1. Multiple Audio Cards for Application Volume Modulation - Similar Threads - Multiple Audio Cards

2. Faulting module/application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Faulting module/application: Hello, Recently I've been crashing a lot a couple games and i get either of these messages in Event Viewer.Faulting application name: SonsOfTheForest.exe, version: 2022.2.3.21277, time stamp: 0x63c9b8dbFaulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22621.900, time stamp:...
  3. Faulting module/application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulting module/application: Hello, Recently I've been crashing a lot a couple games and i get either of these messages in Event Viewer.Faulting application name: SonsOfTheForest.exe, version: 2022.2.3.21277, time stamp: 0x63c9b8dbFaulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22621.900, time stamp:...
  4. Volume with multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume with multiple displays: I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I am having an issue that i need some assistance with and I hope someone can help. Q: I have one 32 in ultrawide as my main display and one 27in rotated in portrait mode. The ultrawide is for gaming and YouTube, and the 27in is...
  5. Multiple Occurrences for the Same Application in "App Volume and Device Preferences"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Occurrences for the Same Application in "App Volume and Device Preferences": I'm currently trying to configure my audio settings to work as-needed for streaming with OBS, aided by VoiceMeeter Potato VMP. In VMP I am seeing multiple occurrences of the same application under the same virtual outputs. After confirming with VoiceMeeter support that this...
  6. Application volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application volume: Everytime I start my computer or an application it chnages the volume of all applications. For example Apex Legends is supposed to be at 16. Windows changes it from 0-10. If I then chnage the volume to 16 my microphone output volume gets set from 100 to 16. It is really...
  7. My volume mixer creates multiple mixers (?) for the same application

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My volume mixer creates multiple mixers (?) for the same application: Whenever I open firefox for example, I will have up to 20 mixers for it in volume mixer. Only one of the mixers will actually control the volume for the application so it can be really hard to find which mixer actually can control the volume of whatever application. Here's an...
  8. No Audio In Windows 10 (no applications in Volume Mixer)0

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Audio In Windows 10 (no applications in Volume Mixer)0: I have no audio on my Windows 10 Computer, I see a problem is that in Volume Mixer (for any playpack) there are no 'Applications' even though I have Exclusive Mode all ticked on in Headphone properties for every playback. I have tried every 'fix' in the forum named, "Fix...
  9. Multiple crashes with multiple error codes & modules

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple crashes with multiple error codes & modules: Hi there, For the past few months I've had fairly regular (usually at least one a day) BSOD on W10. Using WhoCrashed, it's shown that there's multiple modules causing a variety of different errors. I've uploaded my zip from the log collector but I'll also add the log from...
  10. if I have multiple applications, one has lowered volume?

in Windows 10 Support
    if I have multiple applications, one has lowered volume?: Hey all, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 but I've got this weird feature where sometimes if I have more than one application that is using sound open at once, the second application will have it's volume lowered and I can't find a way to restore the proper volume level...