Windows 10: Multiple Audio Issues

Discus and support Multiple Audio Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Windows 10 laptop has suddenly developed many problems with its audio output with seemingly no cause. These issues are: 1. "Windows Audio" in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kanokoro, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Kanokoro Win User

Multiple Audio Issues

My Windows 10 laptop has suddenly developed many problems with its audio output with seemingly no cause. These issues are:

1. "Windows Audio" in services list randomly goes into the "stopping" state and can only be restarted through a taskkill command.

2. At random times, the laptop is unable to detect its own output device.

3. Even when the laptop can detect the output device, it does not play any audio through headphones or inbuilt speakers. It does not seem to pick up audio through the microphone.

I have tried restarting the laptop as well as updating the drivers but that didn't work. Any ideas?

Using Realtek High Definition Audio.

:)

Kanokoro, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Audio issues

Hi Aaron,

Static noise could be caused by hardware or software errors. Given the troubleshooting steps you've already performed, we suggest that you check the status of your Playback Devices by following these steps:

• Right-click the sound icon on your taskbar.
    • Click Playback devices.
    • Check if your speakers have a green check icon.
    • Right-click on it and select Test. Take note of what happens and check if the green bars move while the tone is being played.
    • Click Properties on the bottom right corner.
    • Go to the Enhancement tab.
    • Check Disable all sound effects and click Apply. Check if the issue persists.
    • Go to the Advanced tab.
    • Choose a different Default format and click Apply. Check if the issue persists.
    • Do this for each playback device if you have multiple playback devices listed.

Let us know if your computer audio works properly after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Audio 'dip' issue with Windows 10

Hi Elliot,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to know that you have issues while listening to certain audios.

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method1: I suggest you to run an audio troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method2: Uncheck the enhancement feature in sound options.

• Press X from the key board and select control panel.
    • Select sounds under control panel.
    • Go to advance setting and uncheck the enhancement feature and check if that helps.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be

Sudharshan M K, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Multiple Audio Issues

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Multiple Audio Issues

1. Multiple Audio Issues - Similar Threads - Multiple Audio Issues

2. Multiple Issues, Multiple struggles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Issues, Multiple struggles.: With a recent moment I have noticed a multitude of bitcoin mining viruses upon my pc. With a few malwarebyte scans and a personal cmd batch I made myself, I have personally managed to remove each and every last one of the lil' bastards. Not sure how they got there to begin...
  3. Multiple Issues, Multiple struggles.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Issues, Multiple struggles.: With a recent moment I have noticed a multitude of bitcoin mining viruses upon my pc. With a few malwarebyte scans and a personal cmd batch I made myself, I have personally managed to remove each and every last one of the lil' bastards. Not sure how they got there to begin...
  4. Multiple issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple issues: Hi, suddenly this past monday I experienced a variety of issues and this is what i am still experiencing as well as what i have done to dateCurrent issues- chrome and edge continuously gives 'status access violation' errors- windows update cannot be completed, different error...
  5. Multiple Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple Issues: Greetings... My issues are ongoing and I have paid for help but I still keep getting directed online for help. I'm not computer savvy so I need help. This first started when I received an error msg of 0x800f0805 at one point there was a message stating I was missing an "X"...
  6. Multiple issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple issues: Very slow, if it works at all. No sound. Attempted updates message: "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again." Printing from internet doesn't work, making copy on printer is fine. Others on this forum have the same issues. Several updates...
  7. Multiple Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple Issues: Hey everyone, my first post here. Before my issues, my PC was working 100%. I recently force shut down my PC which I hardly ever do and then turned it back on. I was greeted with a blue screen that said "Your PC ran into a problem...". The PC restarted a few time and then...
  8. Windows 10 1903 Multiple users audio issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1903 Multiple users audio issue: Hello, The problem is the following, I have Windows 10 1903, and there are 2 users on the PC. One of them is Admin and the other one is Kid's account. If you login with the kid's account, the audio does not work. The only way to make it work is if I log in with my main...
  9. multiple issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    multiple issues: I have just installed my new cpu, motherboard and RAM. when i turned it on i immediately got a blue screen (i've gotten 4 different ones) but the one ive seen the most is memory_management. But thats not the main problem here right now, i have tried to reset my pc with...
  10. Multiple issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple issues: ok, here's the deal.......... all of a sudden, all programs/windows inherit the "stay on top" option. if i have 2 programs open, click the taskbar icon to switch to the other one, nothing happens; i can only see it if i minimize the current one. if i have 2 programs...