Windows 10: Multiple Bluescreens at startup or when pc is inactive

Discus and support Multiple Bluescreens at startup or when pc is inactive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, my pc went nuts. It feels like 4 different problems. Problem 1: I had a bsod loop at startup. I couldn't even start a Windows installation or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Basti_B, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Basti_B Win User

Multiple Bluescreens at startup or when pc is inactive

Hey,

my pc went nuts. It feels like 4 different problems.

Problem 1:

I had a bsod loop at startup. I couldn't even start a Windows installation or autorepair.

After some tries i managed to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

For a week or so, everything worked fine. After that it happened again.

The Error messages are:

IRQL_not_less_or_equal

System_thread_exception_not_handled

Unexpected_Kernel_mode_trap

system_service_exception

Problem 2:

When my pc is running i randomly get bluescreens. This never happens when i start a game. So most of the time i start a game and let it run in the background so i can surf or write. When i start my pc and do nothing, after 10 mins tops, i get a bluescreen.

The error messages are:

Bad_pool_caller

Kernel_security_check_failure

driver_overran_stack_buffer

Problem 3:

Sometimes before windows boot i get no signal at the monitor. I can boot bios but everytime i try to start windows: no signal.

Problem4:

no bootable device message before boot.

Problem 1 & 2 is canceled when i change the ram configuration in any thinkable way. Take one out, change slots,put one back again.

Problem 2 as i allready said never happens when a game is running in the background.

Problem 4 is canceled when i change the bios setting back from legacy to uefi dont know why it automatically changed

any ideas on that? I tried many things but didnt find an answer.

Memtest86 with every ram once and once with both

unplugging every device that is not needed for boot

upgrading windows, driver and windows reinstallation

new bios battery

old but functioning graphics card

My System:

Windows 10 upgraded from 7 but still same problems

Mainboard: Gigabyte h97 hd3 updated bios a year ago to F8

Graphics: Msi radeon r9 290 gaming

cpu: intel xeon e3 1231 v3 3,4Ghz

ram: 2* crucial ballistix sport 8Gb 16Gb

Here is the link for the minidump after Problem 2. I dont know how to acces older dump files, so i cant get one for the other problems.

But i can get more error files for problem 2 if necessary.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArXGG1OUP27HahsIIQnfkRkr3o0?e=5P8QfQ

Sorry for the very long post and best regards

Basti

:)

Basti_B, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 11, 2020
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Multiple Bluescreens at startup or when pc is inactive

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Multiple Bluescreens at startup or when pc is inactive

1. Multiple Bluescreens at startup or when pc is inactive - Similar Threads - Multiple Bluescreens startup

2. Bluescreen with nvlddmkm.sys error at PC startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen with nvlddmkm.sys error at PC startup: Hi!I ran into an issue at windows start up, i get a bluescreen with nvlddmkm.sys. I tried most solutions i found online but nothing seem to help.What i tried:- system restore, computer froze when the progress bar said "finished"- startup repair failed- chkdsk found an error,...
  3. Bluescreen with nvlddmkm.sys error at PC startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen with nvlddmkm.sys error at PC startup: Hi!I ran into an issue at windows start up, i get a bluescreen with nvlddmkm.sys. I tried most solutions i found online but nothing seem to help.What i tried:- system restore, computer froze when the progress bar said "finished"- startup repair failed- chkdsk found an error,...
  4. Bluescreen with nvlddmkm.sys error at PC startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC BSOD on startup after inactivity - different error messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC BSOD on startup after inactivity - different error messages: After not turning on my PC for a couple hours, and switching it on for the first time, most of the time I get a BSOD with something along the lines of "Critical process failed" or "Kernel security check".Here are the Minidumps:...
  6. PC BSOD on startup after inactivity - different error messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC BSOD on startup after inactivity - different error messages: After not turning on my PC for a couple hours, and switching it on for the first time, most of the time I get a BSOD with something along the lines of "Critical process failed" or "Kernel security check".Here are the Minidumps:...
  7. PC BSOD on startup after inactivity - different error messages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Inactivity on pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inactivity on pc: After a few minutes of inactivity, my pc returns to the home screen and i have to reenter my pin. How do I stop this from happening as I don't want to repeat sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inactivity-on-pc/5812d6bf-882e-4826-8c6e-67a58aedf0f8
  9. PC consistently bluescreens on first startup, and then infrequently bluescreens after

PC consistently bluescreens on first startup, and then infrequently bluescreens after: Hey there, I keep getting BSODs and have had a hard time figuring out how to solve it- 020319-7859-01.dmp 2/3/2019 3:50:49 AM 0x00000139 00000000`00000003 ffffaf0d`893716a0 ffffaf0d`893715f8 00000000`00000000 hal.dll hal.dll+62bb0 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+1aa0a0 16 15 17134...
  10. A couple of random BSODs when PC is inactive

A couple of random BSODs when PC is inactive: Hello, I used to have massive problems with my old setup, but thanks to axe0's attention I have fixed it all. Since then, I've upgraded my rig, and ever since I've got a couple of seemingly random BSOD-s. They seem to happen when PC is left idle. Ie. 30-40 mins of...