Windows 10: Multiple Bluetooth Devices

Discus and support Multiple Bluetooth Devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can I have a Bluetooth mouse and Bluetooth keyboard active at the same time, even if they are from different companies? Or will I need to have one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DannyDelgado1, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Multiple Bluetooth Devices

Can I have a Bluetooth mouse and Bluetooth keyboard active at the same time, even if they are from different companies? Or will I need to have one of them connected via USB?

:)

DannyDelgado1, Oct 1, 2018
  2. malware Win User

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Bluetooth device is shown as not present.

Hello Dominika,

Thank you for getting back to us. Since the issue still persists after following the steps on the article above, we'd like to know more. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?
    • What is the make and model of your Bluetooth device?
    • Can you tell us the specific bluetooth devices that you're using on your Windows 10?
    • Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check if the Bluetooth services is enabled by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard, type services.msc and press OK.
    • Right click on Bluetooth Support service and select
      Restart.

• Right click on Bluetooth support service and select Properties
      and check if the startup type is Automatic.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Multiple Bluetooth Devices

Bluetooth multiple device instances/ Removal problem

Hi,

The issue might occur if there are outdated or incompatible drivers.

I suggest you to follow the methods below an check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 3: Update the Bluetooth drivers.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the sound drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your Bluetooth devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    Restart the computer and check.

Let us know the status of the issue in this regards to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Multiple Bluetooth Devices

1. Multiple Bluetooth Devices - Similar Threads - Multiple Bluetooth Devices

2. Audio stutter if multiple devices connected on bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio stutter if multiple devices connected on bluetooth: Hello, i would like to report that i have audio stutters if i connect xbox one controller and headphones onto windows 10, while if i only connect one device everything is fine, please fix this issue, the version of windows is home and compilation of the operating system is...
  3. Audio stutter if multiple devices connected on bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio stutter if multiple devices connected on bluetooth: Hello, i would like to report that i have audio stutters if i connect xbox one controller and headphones onto windows 10, while if i only connect one device everything is fine, please fix this issue, the version of windows is home and compilation of the operating system is...
  4. Audio stutter if multiple devices connected on bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple Instances of the Same Device Under Bluetooth & Other Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Instances of the Same Device Under Bluetooth & Other Devices: Windows 10 Pro - V22H2I've seen this question asked many times before but haven't come across a solution. I'm trying to connect Bluetooth speakers but when I open Settings > Bluetooth & other devices multiple instances of "Living Room" are constantly populating the list and...
  6. Multiple Instances of the Same Device Under Bluetooth & Other Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Instances of the Same Device Under Bluetooth & Other Devices: Windows 10 Pro - V22H2I've seen this question asked many times before but haven't come across a solution. I'm trying to connect Bluetooth speakers but when I open Settings > Bluetooth & other devices multiple instances of "Living Room" are constantly populating the list and...
  7. Bluetooth with multiple devices of the same name.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth with multiple devices of the same name.: I'm trying to connect 2 ps4 controllers to my PC over Bluetooth. If I connect one it no longer detects the other. I think it might be because they are both named "Wireless Controller" How do I fix this? submitted by /u/bobbisrex99 [link] [comments]...
  8. [Bluetooth] Multiple devices connected

[Bluetooth] Multiple devices connected: Hello. First of all, this is my first post, so sorry if it's a noob question and/or if I missed some posting rules. I play games on Steam using an official Xbox 360 Controller since 2011 without facing any single issue so far. Now I'm planning to buy an Xbox One Controller,...
  9. [Bluetooth] Multiple devices connected

in Windows 10 Support
    [Bluetooth] Multiple devices connected: Hello. First of all, this is my first post, so sorry if it's a noob question and/or if I missed some posting rules. I play games on Steam using an official Xbox 360 Controller since 2011 without facing any single issue so far. Now I'm planning to buy an Xbox One Controller,...
  10. Bluetooth audio stutters if multiple devices connected

Bluetooth audio stutters if multiple devices connected: Audio over Bluetooth stutters if both a Wireless controller Sony cuh-zct2u and Bluetooth headset Sony WH-1000XM3 are connected, but does not stutter if only the headset is connected. This also occurs when tested with different Bluetooth headsets Apple A1573. Host machine is...